JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT, 8/26/21

- up by 4:20✅4:10 but only bc Matt made me coffee. I was trying to sleep until 4:15. I had a really hard time waking up this morning.
    - work 5-1✅ I'm here now. Lol
    - update JFT✅
    - meditate✅ Did a guided on while on break
    - pick up letter from doctor✅
    - buy pork chops before I leave work🛑Decided to just have the chicken salad for dinner
    - make chicken salad✅
    - pick up car registration🛑
    - buy printer ink✅
    - COOK DINNER✅
    - DO THE DAMN DISHES!😂
    - teeth/meds✅
    - lists✅
    - bed by 8:30✅

Oi...Yesterday...Oi!

So I get a call from the the local hospital but I'm on the sales floor so I can't answer it. I see the number and start freaking out. A message is left so I'm standing there, staring at my phone waiting for the transcript of the message to load and it's taking forever. So I just hit the play button and listen to the message. I kept thinking "Please don't let it be Matt!"

Turns out it was his pulmonogist telling me that he has mild sleep apnea.😑😑 He must have just been doing rounds at the hospital when he called. But the doc said that Matt can get a CPap if our insurance covers it or lose weight and see if that helps. We're going to try the weight loss first. Matt is obese at the moment. Like, clinically. He's put on 30 pounds since he got let go from work the end of May.

So I reached out to a friend of mine bc like, wtf am I going to do to get him to lose the weight. She works at a psychiatrists office that specializes in hollistic and alternative medicine treatments. She suggested intermittent fasting and sent me a video to watch that explains all the science behind it. It was actually really interesting. And I was amazed I sat through the whole thing! It was over an hour long! Lol.

But I talked to Matt about it and we're going to do it together. So if you don't know what intermittent fasting is, it's basically giving yourself a certain window of time that you can eat(and still eating sensibly) and fasting the rest of the time. My friend suggested starting with a 12 hour fast. So my eating window will be from 8am to 8pm. Because those are the times I'm most active. Matt's is going to be 1pm to 1am bc those are his most active times. So any time that isn't in those 12 hours we won't eat. But we can like water and bone broth and tea and things.

The hardest part is going to be not drinking a cup of coffee as soon as I wake up. I'm switching it to tea. Which I did this morning. It wasn't amazing but it did perk me up a bit! I'm not sure if I ran the keurig enough times to clear out all the coffee residue. Lol. Which might be why it tasted a little strange. Lol.

Okay, so after writing this novel of a post. It's time for some goals!

JFT, 8/27/21
    - up by 420✅4 15 actually. I've had a hard time waking up the last two days
    - update JFT✅
    - tea instead of coffee in AM✅
    - work 5-1✅
    - meditate/deep breathing
    - D's at 2ish
    - figure out dinner
    - pick up car registration
    - DO THE DAMN DISHES!
    - drink 5 bottles of water
    - teeth/meds
    - lists
    - bed by 8:30
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    JFT 08/27 (Friday)
    - Up by 7:30
    - Make the bed
    - 10 minutes of meditation
    - 10 minutes of stretching
    - Walk the dogs - try to hit 1 mile
    - Laundry
    - Housekeeping
    - Laser hair appointment
    - 1 creative thing
    - Meal planning for the week
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log everything/Keep 200 calorie deficit
    - Shower
    - 30 minutes of reading
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11

A longer list, but it's my day off, and I'm hoping writing things down will help me stick to them and build a healthy daily routine that will make it easier to support my goals.
    I hope you all have a wonderful start to your weekend. Hard to believe September is just around the corner already.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

Today has started well, up early and feeling energetic (well, more energetic than usual lol).

JFT Friday 27th

Stay below maintenance yes
    Back exercises yes
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk 45 minutes
    Collect prescription yes
    Prep for Saturday yes
    Clear living room (really hoping son will wash my carpet whilst I'm away tomorrow) yes
    Clean up kitchen (expecting to do Sunday lunch) yes
    Invoices yes
    A little bit of gardening yes, did the bits which annoy me the most

A full house at last!
    Because I wake up numerous times every night, I've got into the habit of reading for a while when I wake up early. I'm wondering if that extra time lying in bed is making the pain in my back and legs worse, so my new approach is to get up earlier. Today it seemed to help, although obviously I will need to keep doing it to see if it was just a coincidence! Will be very early tomorrow as I always am on a Saturday. Mind, I did get very tired in the late afternoon.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    💖💕💖 AUGUST 💖💕💖
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

Still here, and keeping on keeping on.

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83.8

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Sun: 🦋 Mon: 🦋 Tue: 🦋 Wed: 🦋
    Thu: 🦋 Fri: 🦋 Sat:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 6/7

🌹Positive Intentions for Fri 27 Aug:
    [*] Meditation 🏝
    [*] Weigh/post weight 🏝
    [*] Journal - Tiny Habits 🏝
    [*] Declutter session 🏝
    [*] Daily Chores🏝
    [*] Go into town to fishmongers 🏝
    [*] Coastal path walk 🏝
    [*] Puzzles: 🏝Watch TV 🏝
    [*] Crochet 🏝
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🏝
    [*] Daily goals update 🏝

🗑 August Challenge 🗑 Daily Declutter
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑

NLNS
    August: LNS: 1 ~ ME: 26

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Another good day. Planning a family picnic on Monday as it’s August Bank Holiday weekend.

Not much variety in my posts as I’m in maintenance but I need the accountability.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    uote]

A full house at last!
    Because I wake up numerous times every night, I've got into the habit of reading for a while when I wake up early. I'm wondering if that extra time lying in bed is making the pain in my back and legs worse, so my new approach is to get up earlier. Today it seemed to help, although obviously I will need to keep doing it to see if it was just a coincidence! Will be very early tomorrow as I always am on a Saturday. Mind, I did get very tired in the late afternoon.

Can you take a short nap late afternoon? Or sit with your eyes shut? Always perks me up 😂
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT, 8/27/21
    - up by 420✅4 15 actually. I've had a hard time waking up the last two days
    - update JFT✅
    - tea instead of coffee in AM✅
    - work 5-1✅
    - meditate/deep breathing✅Almost forgot but managed to get a 3 minute deep breathing session in before my break was over
    - D's at 2ish✅
    - figure out dinner✅D ordered pizza. She sent home half of one with me for Matt. Lol
    - pick up car registration 🛑
    - DO THE DAMN DISHES!🛑
    - drink 5 bottles of water✅WAAAAY more. Lol
    - teeth/meds✅
    - lists✅
    - bed by 8:30✅

Do you guys know what happens when 3 people with ADHD try to have a conversation together? Lol. It's not productive AT ALL. But it is pretty funny when I look back on it. Lol. I spent the afternoon with D and her son Z. Both of which have ADHD. It was interesting. But a good visit.

I got home at like 6ish and spent some time working on some story structure notes. And of course I got sucked into a YouTube hole and ended up not going to bed until after 9. Le sigh.

JFT, 8/28/21

- up by 4:20✅technically? I got up at like 3:55 but dozed on the couch until about 4:25
    - update JFT✅
    - tea instead of cofee✅
    - follow fasting times✅
    - meditate/deep breathing✅
    - work 5-1✅
    - PICK UP THE DAMN REGISTRATION
    - DO THE *kitten* DISHES!
    - BBQ 2pm
    - mystery story structure note cards
    - teeth/meds
    - lists
    - bed by 8:30
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: »

08/16/2021 Friday JFT:

✅AM Kiddo Routine
    ✅Errands: grocery trip (forgot carrots!!), mailbox, bank
    ☑Watermelon balling party for 1, Lol!! (My neighbor gave me 4 massive watermelons!! So I am going to ball it all, freeze some and put some in the refrigerator. 😅)➡️ 1 was no good (broken in transit) and balled one; now just 2 more to go
    ❌Bake: Banana-nut bread & Kodiak Power Muffins
    ✅Household misc.
    ❌Study session + homeschooling
    ✅Yoga
    ✅BBL 1-DVD
    ✅Home Elliptical 30 minutes
    ✅PM Kiddo Routine
    (Gym: No gym time Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
    ❌Dinner: Cooking Shrimp Tacos➡️Kiddos finished off the leftovers and I had a smoothie bc of the AM events.

On my way to the middle school yesterday, my tire pressure gauge alerted low pressure. So, I stopped by Discount Tire. They found a screw in my back tire. Long story short, due to unnecessary ignorance and drama, I was dealing with the tire issue until almost lunchtime. I grabbed some breakfast from Einstein Bros near by which thru my calorie count outta wack, Lol. My morning was slightly hijacked. When I returned home, I just focused on de-stressing from all that chaos. So, today is a new day to accomplish everything.
    🌷🤗🌷

08/16/2021 Saturday JFT:

▪︎ AM Family Martial Arts
    ▪︎ Errands: Target pickup, mailbox, gym bc kiddo left something there, Errands for Hubby
    ▪︎ Watermelon balling party for 1, Lol!! (2 to go 😅)
    ▪︎ Bake: Banana-nut bread & Kodiak Power Muffins
    ▪︎ Household misc.
    ▪︎ Saturday Chore Day
    ▪︎ Yoga
    ▪︎ BBL 1-DVD
    ▪︎ Home Elliptical 30 minutes
    ▪︎ Dinner: Cooking Shrimp Tacos

08/16/2021 Sunday JFT:

⭐Rest Day⭐
    🌷Church🌷

Have a blessed weekend my friends!!😊
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi all,

I’m back, I lost focus and neglected my daily health goals and gained weight 👿. I’ve missed the support and motivation that being part of this group brings.
    2ira1mabg3ai.jpeg

Today I will get back on track and I commit to the following:

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 👿. Fitbit is set to calorie deficit and I ate at maintenance but it was an improvement!
    Water 😊
    Do more towards meeting my Fitbit exercise goals by improving on yesterday’s step total 👿. Spent too long sitting and researching a new computer.
    Weigh 😊 I didn’t like what I saw!

Sending good wishes to you all; hope you have a good day.

• ZizzyBumble
    edited August 2021
    Sunday 29 August

Log
    Stay in the green with deficit
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • MLHC1
    edited August 2021

08/16/2021 Saturday JFT:

✅ AM Family Martial Arts
    ✅ Errands: Target pickup, mailbox, gym bc kiddo left something there, Errands for Hubby
    ✅ Watermelon balling party for 1, Lol!! (2 to go 😅)
    ✅ Bake: Banana-nut bread & Kodiak Power Muffins
    ✅ Household misc.
    ✅ Saturday Chore Day
    ✅ Yoga
    ✅ BBL 1-DVD
    ✅ Home Elliptical 30 minutes
    ✅ Dinner: Cooking Shrimp Tacos

08/16/2021 Sunday JFT:

⭐Rest Day⭐
    🌷Church🌷

Have a blessed weekend my friends!!😊

• Janele0627
    Really enjoyed our railcar ride yesterday, but definitely over-indulged this weekend. Ended up gaining weight :(

JFT 08/29 (Sun)
    - Get through work
    - 64 oz of water
    - Log everything
    - 30 minutes of yoga

A small list to try and recenter myself. Hope everyone has a happy Sunday. New week, new chance to start fresh
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited August 2021
    JFT Monday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch. Take Half Magic.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Check email replies. Check online students and send progress notes.
    4. Pit Crew: Read Habits. Update Power of 10 list.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Work on voting script. Convert one script to a post.
    6. English Class: Reply to emails and enter late work.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Shoot Half Magic? Possessive pronouns?
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Zoe?) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 192.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Tomorrow starts our hybrid schedule. No idea how that'll go.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 29 August

Log 😊
    Stay in the green with deficit 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

First day in a long time that I’ve met my usual health goals 😊😊😊
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 30 August

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

Grocery shopping
    Clear the kitchen - installation of the new kitchen might start tomorrow ……
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    I had a very busy weekend so I'm a bit achy today. Trying to keep busy but not overdo it.

JFT Monday 30th August

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk/post cards
    Do sewing repairs (NOT my favourite job)
    Garden/mow front lawn
    Laundry/ironing. Seriously, why do people think it's ok to cover my nice white towels in make-up? Do they do it at home, and if they do, how do they get the stains out?! Stained towels are the bane of my life!
    One extra job

• Janele0627
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed our railcar ride yesterday, but definitely over-indulged this weekend. Ended up gaining weight :(

JFT 08/29 (Sun)
    - Get through work
    - 64 oz of water X 40 oz
    - Log everything ✓ Was way over, aaaahhggg
    - 30 minutes of yoga X BUT we went for a nice 20 minute walk with our dogs

A small list to try and recenter myself. Hope everyone has a happy Sunday. New week, new chance to start fresh

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday

JFT 08/30 (Mon)
    - 64 oz of water
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log everything/200 calorie deficit
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Vacuum the stairs
  • MLHC1

08/16/2021 Sunday JFT:

✅⭐Rest Day⭐
    ✅🌷Church🌷

08/16/2021 Monday JFT:

▪︎AM Kiddo Routine
    ▪︎Errands: Hubby errands, misc grocery store items, pick up Asain lunch for ZC and deliver to FMS, mailbox (if package actual arrives)
    ▪︎Household misc: budget review, calendar review, laundry
    ▪︎Yoga
    ▪︎BBL 1-DVD
    ▪︎PM Kiddo Routine (ZC FMS PM tennis ~4:30 pm)
    ▪︎Gym: NC Tennis (1/2 lesson), ZC Tennis, CC Exercise (arm day), Elliptical 30 minutes
    ▪︎Dinner: Spaghetti
    ▪︎IF possible: 1 EOC note cards

Today is one of my kiddos BDay (13 yrs old)!!😅 So, I am surprising him with a lunch delivered to school which will take up most of my morning time (He thinks he will be having a cafeteria provided lunch, LoL). Plus all the errands involved.

Happy Monday!! ⭐🤸‍♀️⭐
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Hi all! I've been in "hakuna matata" mode for most of August, spending time with family and ignoring most other responsibilities, including my health. I got a sharp wake-up call this past weekend when I ended up in an out-of-state ER with severely elevated BP and afib. So it's time to get back on track and do what I need to do to for myself and my family.

Classes start next week, but I've got convocation and online meetings most days this week. For all but one class, I'll be back in the classroom with covid protocols after more than a year of teaching fully online, so I expect some adjustments will be needed. Still, I'm excited to see students in person again.

JFT Monday 8/30
    Log
    Water
    Primary care appt
    Prep for this week's meetings