JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation & break from MFP. Relaxed, ate plenty, imbibed in adult beverages & great time with hubby. Like my memento shirt says, sunsets and no regrets. I'll catch up reading JFT later.

JFT M 8/30 ~ first workday since vacation :p
    1) Walked dog 3.86 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (Fitbit working for now)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Review email backlog / start PA-E&T
    5) Boil eggs / check DVR / hang up clean shirts on chair / wash dishes / drain rainwater from plant saucers / other ta-da's?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5/40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Ive been MIA again almost the entire month of august .. here it is, almost september
    My weight in august was down to 183 .. only 5 pounds from my goal of 178. And like many of you... gave into old habits, and now I am back up to 188. It is funny how quickly weight can come back on when we are not careful.
    this thread does keep me more focused. .. I have to make this a priority to get on here and be accountable.
    I know I can get back down to the 170s ... just have to stick with it, and not fool myself into thinking that I can eat ice cream "just this time" and it will not affect how I feel.
    So, JFT, Monday, Aug 30
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go out for a walk. Its hot again .. but I can go tonite after it cools down
    4. plan meals... eat only 1 portion
    5. light lunches
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Monday 30 August

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

Grocery shopping ✅
    Clear the kitchen - installation of the new kitchen might start tomorrow …… ✅ but kitchen fitter now says he will start next Tuesday!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 31 August

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

JFT Monday 30th August

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no
    Back exercises some
    Walk/post cards yes, 37 minutes
    Do sewing repairs (NOT my favourite job) no
    Garden/mow front lawn yes
    Laundry/ironing. Seriously, why do people think it's ok to cover my nice white towels in make-up? Do they do it at home, and if they do, how do they get the stains out?! Stained towels are the bane of my life! everything washed and ironed except for those towels, think I will bump them to tomorrow when it's meant to be better weather. Also, I will be at care home all morning and don't like to leave machine on when I'm out.
    One extra job cut (half of!) hedge in garden

Decided to cut my hedge yesterday. As my hands and arms don't do well holding an electric machine I just use hand shears, takes longer but the jobs get done. I was shocked that I couldn't finish the job in one go, my arms were shaking and I had to stop half way through. Last year I did it in one go. I think I need to add "arms something" to my list like Snowflake!

JFT Tuesday 31st August

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Sewing repairs
    Finish cutting hedge
    One extra job

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Stretch. Wear shoes to run after school inside because of rain.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch. Take Gluck and the dragon book.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Check email replies. Check online students and send progress notes.
    4. Pit Crew: Read Habits. Update Power of 10 list. Reply to emails. Dragon script.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email.
    6. English Class: Enter late work.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Shoot Dragon script? Telehealth meeting.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Habits?) while playing sleepy music. MT DSA 7PM!
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Mostly-empty classrooms are REALLY discouraging.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a happy Monday

JFT 08/30 (Mon)
    - 64 oz of water ✓ 72 oz
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log everything/200 calorie deficit ✓/✓ 500 calories!
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Vacuum the stairs X Did the dishes though
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11 ✓ I didn't sleep well though :(

JFT 08/31 (Tues)
    - Final monthly weigh-in
    - 64 oz of water
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Log everything/200 calorie deficit
    - Vacuum the stairs/Sweep the hallway
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe it's the last day of August. Where did the summer go? But September always feels like a fresh start, and I'm looking forward to cooler weather.

Monday 8/30
    • Log - :) Kept it simple and even stayed in the green
    • Water - :)
    • Primary care appt - :)
    • Prep for this week's meetings - :)

JFT Tuesday 8/31
    • Log
    • Water
    • Laundry
    • Short walk
    • Start compliance training modules
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Recap M 8/30 ~ first workday since vacation :p
    1) Walked dog 3.86 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (Fitbit working for now) :smiley: 14/14 boom! 14.4K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :/ more like maintenance+ -541 & 13c
    4) Review email backlog / start PA-E&T = 2/2 sort of
    5) Boil eggs / check DVR / hang up clean shirts on chair / wash dishes / drain rainwater from plant saucers / other ta-da's? several TA-DAs! = 4/6
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :p exhausted after early walk & first day back at work

JFT T 8/31
    1) Walked dog 3.67 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (Fitbit working for now)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) PA-E&T / print, sign & submit monthly PAR s/s / EHN update on Teams / more email backlog / check with AA on CPE certs for Fraud training
    5) Bank (farmers market cash) / gas in car / prep laundry & clothesline for tomorrow a.m. / wash dishes / hang clean shirts on chair / set out measuring tape & log (forgot today was end of month) / other ta-da's?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (take measurements, start washer, walk dog, hang laundry before work)

Sister is having second surgery today on ankle & keeping her in my prayers. Sunday afternoon she, her hubby & pup were riding bicycles in rural area and attacked by dog. She got the worst of it with badly broken ankle. First surgery on Sunday to stabilize the ankle & set mounting pins went well & doctor is pleased swelling has gone down. Sister in good spirits. BIL got bitten and pup had small injuries, maybe falling from bike basket. All on the mend, thank God.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2021
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So, JFT, Monday, Aug 30
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on water :/
    3. go out for a walk. Its hot again .. but I can go tonite after it cools down :/
    4. plan meals... eat only 1 portion :/
    5. light lunches :)

THe only thing I did successful yesterday was a lite lunch. but.. I am changing the way I think.Yes, yesterday I overate ... mostly out of boredem. I had some poptarts here .. I think I ate 2 packages .. which is 4 poptarts. And then I felt worse, so did not get out for my walk. But I have to listen to how I talked to myself yesterday. I was so down on myself, because I know if I had kept going, I could easily be at my ultimate goal weight.. instead.. the scale has gone up. So instead of sticking with my plan.... I just kinda gave up, saying I'll start another day.

So, JFT, Tues, Aug 31
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. go out for a walk -- :) 6 miles in today. Go for a bike ride tonite
    5. plan meals... eat only 1 portion
    6. light lunches
    7. work in yard
    8. end the month on a positive note. While I did not lose this month, and actually gained, I have only gained 4 pounds. THink positive .. I can get that off and still reach my goals.

So I listened to a podcast this morning while walking which was very good. I find myself too focused on the number on the scale ... thinking if I can just get to 178# ... and be in the normal weight range and no longer considered overweight, that things will change. They will not change. I will still have to watch what I eat, plan what I eat. I have been at 178 ... actually at 175, and no, it is not when you reach that goal that the work stops. being aware of when I eat, why I eat, and the reason is important.
    So trying to learn to eat only when I am hungry ... not for emotional reasons, for comfort, to ease boredom, etc. I have to not make this about the scale. . but more important... learning what to eat, when to eat, and when to stop when I am full. Food is nourishment ... not to be used for comfort, boredom, something to do, etc.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Check email replies. Check online students and send progress notes.
    4. Pit Crew: Read Habits. Update Power of 10 list. Reply to emails. Call nurse and schedule next appointment.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email.
    6. English Class: Enter late work. Create bumper sticker.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Write Clois.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Habits?) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Weight spiking in a distressing way. There's SO much going on.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this thread and to MFP too. I was on SparkPeople since about 2000 and one of the most important tools that helped me make a lot of progress over the years is to make a daily commitment and even hourly if needed. I've found over the years that making a "public" commitment works for me! Somehow I don't always keep commitments just to myself. Anyway, after looking through many of the threads on MFP, this looks closest to my Hour Commitment thread on SP. My history is that of binge eating, but I'm no longer a binge eater. I've worked on it for years and have now come to have a good relationship with food!

Overall I can eat anything, but I try not to have the same things every single day. I allow sweets several times a week in my commitments. Also, I like to have several hours in between "feeding times". So to end a meal, I sometimes make a quick commitment.

I'm not perfect, so sometimes I have to say I didn't make something... but that does not happen often!

I won't eat anymore today and my commitment for tomorrow is:

Tomorrow 9/1
    No desserts unless I want sugar free or no sugar. No candy corn or pumpkins (last had some 8/30). No yogurt bar or fudge cycles or acai. Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese (including string cheese). Up to 2 oz beef jerky if hiking. Sweet potato ok. No peanut butter (last had 8/26). Either walnuts or almonds or mixed nuts. No peanuts. No turkey sausage or hot dogs. No brazilnuts or pistachios. I will weigh my portion of yams and bananas and pears. I won't weigh again until Thursday, Aug Sep 2.

On-going commitments
    Leave for DH - rest of TJ brownies and TJ coffee cake. Rest of current bag of brazilnuts. French fruit pâtés, rest of nuts from gift, Reese's hearts

No nutella again until we make crepes again

Thanks!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT- Monday August 30
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🙂
    Arm something - 🙂

JFT- Tuesday August 31
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something

@littleblackskirt - I used to clean and do laundry at a motel, they did it then too. I think we just bleached them almost to death.

@cschmitz110515 - how scary for your sister and family.

@clicketykeys - I’m so nervous about my Grands starting school on Friday. I think it will be a tough year.

@mytime6630 - I read a Woman’s World article years ago that was all about learning your signals to eat and to stop. It also suggested using a smaller plate. I need to start those habits again.
    Boredom is my #1 problem a close 2nd, if not a tie, is I have only been craving high calorie comfort foods and junk. I need to change this again!

@jol1key2bol3 - I have been fairly regular on here since April 2018 and up until last Fall really only missed a day if It was a special event or something. I highly recommend it, I stay more on track when I’m here daily.

Where is @Bex953172, @PackerFanInGB, @bookmeister86, I know there are more I’m missing.

• mytime6630
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So, JFT, Tues, Aug 31
    2. log all food :)
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. go out for a walk -- :) 6 miles in today. Go for a bike ride tonite :/
    5. plan meals... eat only 1 portion :) But what I had planned we did not have .. hubby wanted to go to longhorn, and how can I turn down that! But, I had the parmesan Chicken breast, and instead of a potato, had the steamed brocolli.. and only ate half of it. Brought the rest home for our daughter to have. I love their sweet potatoes... of course, loaded with brown sugar and butter ... but I was proud that I had the brocolli instead.
    6. light lunches :)
    7. work in yard :/
    8. end the month on a positive note. While I did not lose this month, and actually gained, I have only gained 4 pounds. THink positive .. I can get that off and still reach my goals

So I listened to a podcast this morning while walking which was very good. I find myself too focused on the number on the scale ... thinking if I can just get to 178# ... and be in the normal weight range and no longer considered overweight, that things will change. They will not change. I will still have to watch what I eat, plan what I eat. I have been at 178 ... actually at 175, and no, it is not when you reach that goal that the work stops. being aware of when I eat, why I eat, and the reason is important.
    So trying to learn to eat only when I am hungry ... not for emotional reasons, for comfort, to ease boredom, etc. I have to not make this about the scale. . but more important... learning what to eat, when to eat, and when to stop when I am full. Food is nourishment ... not to be used for comfort, boredom, something to do, etc.

Goals for tomorrow, wed, Sept 1
    1. log all food
    2. a new month ... new goals. Limit my snacks in the evenings .. no snacks until I've had at least 2 glasses of water, and wait 10 minutes. My own personal challenge again for this month
    3. concentrate on water
    4. go for a long walk .. it is suppose to be 84 degrees out!! And low humidity!
    5. work in the yard.
    6. mow grass
    7. be positive in how I talk to myself... give myself credit for no longer weight 217 pounds, instead of beating myself up for gaining 4 pounds this month. I am going to get to my goal of 178 by the end of the year. This is doable .. do not self sabatoge.

• mytime6630
    edited September 2021
    Options

Where is @Bex953172, @PackerFanInGB, @bookmeister86, I know there are more I’m missing.

Yes .. where are you guys? Missing you all. @Bex .. I know you talked about going back to school.. we would all love to hear how you are doing? And @PackerFan001 Tracy, I know your retired. ....... what better time to come on here to chat! LOL!
    @Bookmeister.... not sure if you are back to traveling again? There are so many regulars who were here for such a long time. And like @Snowflake said ... so many others we are missing on here. Love you all .... and hoping you come back!

I know for myself even, I get burned out and somewhat complacent in coming on here. I have been doing this for a long time. But .. where would I be had I not been coming on here to be accountable.? Its is free .. unlike so many other programs... and such wonderful friends.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this thread and to MFP too. I was on SparkPeople since about 2000 and one of the most important tools that helped me make a lot of progress over the years is to make a daily commitment and even hourly if needed. I've found over the years that making a "public" commitment works for me! Somehow I don't always keep commitments just to myself. Anyway, after looking through many of the threads on MFP, this looks closest to my Hour Commitment thread on SP. My history is that of binge eating, but I'm no longer a binge eater. I've worked on it for years and have now come to have a good relationship with food!

Overall I can eat anything, but I try not to have the same things every single day. I allow sweets several times a week in my commitments. Also, I like to have several hours in between "feeding times". So to end a meal, I sometimes make a quick commitment.

I'm not perfect, so sometimes I have to say I didn't make something... but that does not happen often!

I won't eat anymore today and my commitment for tomorrow is:

Tomorrow 9/1
    No desserts unless I want sugar free or no sugar. No candy corn or pumpkins (last had some 8/30). No yogurt bar or fudge cycles or acai. Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese (including string cheese). Up to 2 oz beef jerky if hiking. Sweet potato ok. No peanut butter (last had 8/26). Either walnuts or almonds or mixed nuts. No peanuts. No turkey sausage or hot dogs. No brazilnuts or pistachios. I will weigh my portion of yams and bananas and pears. I won't weigh again until Thursday, Aug Sep 2.

On-going commitments
    Leave for DH - rest of TJ brownies and TJ coffee cake. Rest of current bag of brazilnuts. French fruit pâtés, rest of nuts from gift, Reese's hearts

No nutella again until we make crepes again

Thanks!

Welcome .. happy to have you join us. I so agree... somehow when we put goals in writing it is easier to keep the commitments.

I also suffer from binge eating. I am much better than I used to be, but I still have episodes (like this past week where I ate almost an entire carton of ice cream). I need to figure out how to stop this. I can be so in control for a long time, and I "think" I am ok buying ice cream and eating just one bowl, but most times I am proving to myself that I can't. I agree with what you said .. it does take years to undo this and get a healthier relationship with food.

I like you goals ... and how you list things that you will not eat.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 31st August

Log everything no
    Stay in the green no
    Back exercises some
    Foot exercises no
    Walk just to care home, about 30 minutes
    Sewing repairs no
    Finish cutting hedge yes
    One extra job cleaned window, and fed family

Like mytime, I pretty much gave up yesterday, did very badly. Logged breakfast, then got home from a fairly stressful care home visit and automatically ate some bread and jam before I even remembered that I should be weighing them. Then had a last minute request to make a meal for son and grandson, so my vague plans for what to eat were forgotten and I ate the same as them.

On the plus side, getting up early every day instead of just the days I need to is going well. I'm keeping busy and getting more done. I know some of you will understand the satisfaction of getting the dishes done quicker! I feel like I have a huge never ending list of things to do, so I suppose every little helps!

JFT Wednesday 1st September

Be sensible, keep below maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Sewing repairs
    Wash those towels!
    Garden
    Arms something
    One extra job

• Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    JFT 08/31 (Tues)
    - Final monthly weigh-in ✓ Lost 3.5 lbs over the month of August
    - 64 oz of water ✓ 70 oz
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Log everything/200 calorie deficit /X
    - Vacuum the stairs/Sweep the hallway X
    I have been so tired lately, I haven't been getting up early to do some of my normal morning routine...coming home at 6, making dinner, then having to do a workout, plus not sleeping great...

JFT 09/01 (Wed)
    -Vitamins & B.C.
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - 30 minutes of pilates
    - Log everything/200 calorie deficit
    - Vacuum the stairs/Sweep the hallway
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. As I said, I often do Hour Commitments too. Hope that's ok. Am having my coffee stuff. After I finish this cup of coffee, I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Thanks!