Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 161

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,838 Member
    Options
    @_JeffreyD_ My first purchased health device was a Polar watch. It required wearing a chest strap and synced with the equipment at the gym. It even tracked my heart rate. I tried several pedometers but found them all to be inaccurate and eventually switched to a Garmin Vivofit 3 watch. It is small enough to not look like I’m wearing a sundial on my small wrist. It doesn’t do HR so eventually I bought a newer Polar H10 chest strap and the accompanying transmitter. I use it when I go/went to the gym (with the Polar Beat app) which has been awhile! You can save the session in the device or directly to your phone. As I said elsewhere yesterday, I need to get my happy @ $ $ OUT OF THE CHAIR!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    DW is in the market for a smart watch. Any recommendations? It looks like you can spend $$ to $$$$.

I love my Fitbits! Been a consistent customer since about 2014-2015 time. Customer service was fantastic the one time I had to call them and that definitely made me happy with my decision to stick with Fitbit.

I upgraded to Versa2 when it came out (guestimating about 2 years ago or so) and I LOVE it. I also work in a power plant and it gets rough, dirty, and I get banged up a lot. No cracks, damage, nothing. It's still perfect and completely usable (that, alone, is a miracle 'cause my phone only lasted about a month and a half at the plant and it doesn't get near the abuse my watch does).

My friend, an AVID Apple user, even considered switching to Fitbit. So much so, she applied to a job at Fitbit! (win for me because as the only Android user in our group, she's CONSTANTLY trying to convert me to Apple. The tables have turned :D ) Granted, I think she's tired of constantly breaking her Apple Watch and having to replace it because we are both clumsy... Mine has held up well enough to get her notice.

Even my grandma uses one now that I've introduced her to it. It's her pedometer so she has the most basic one. But, hey, it's helping her stay as healthy and active as possible in her 70's so I'm happy to indulge her with a new one every few years for her birthday or Christmas (: She loves that we both can have one despite our differences in physical capabilities. I love that I can check on her progress and cheer her on (or kick her butt into gear hah!)

I also love it syncs with just about Everything. Strava, MFP, my HealthMate scale app, etc. I can see so many details and it keeps me on track. When this one finally gives up on me, I'll be comparing everything out there I find to Fitbit to see if it holds up to what Fitbit offers me. Maybe I'm biased, but I love it.

Hope I didn't info-blast you too bad (: Good luck with whatever choice you make! (and let us know if it's something different, I'm always curious to learn more about other options)

Okay, a vote for the Fitbit! Thanks.

@_JeffreyD_ 100% fitbit girl here though I haven't tried the others. Fitbit does everything you can imagine and syncs to trendweight.com and many other sites. I love mine, there are many models to choose from and the customer service is Phenomenal. You wouldn't be sorry!