What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2021
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Birthday cake sprinkles - they taste like little hard/waxy substances...

Yeeeesss!!
    I have never understood the love of sprinkles. I remember being so disappointed the first time I had them even as a child. They looked so exciting and promising.

• EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Agree! Birthday sprinkles look so good and then disapoint. It's like catfishing.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I don’t know why, but I actually like sprinkles. Only the rainbow ones, though.
    The brown ones look like mouse turds.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,668 Member
    Mussels... 🤢 enough said.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »

Someone got me to try a mussel once and it wasn't bad. It was also drowning in melted butter. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2021
    I grew up with canned green beans and they were my most hated veg. Once I tasted non canned, they became a favorite. I cannot imagine preferring anything with canned green beans. We never did a green bean casserole (although I hated all casseroles as a kid, esp with mushroom soup -- people would make some disgusting post T-giving turkey casserole which I never ate), but as an adult I added a fancy green beans dish to Thanksgiving (with fresh green beans, mushrooms, dill, and walnuts, sauteed in olive oil) and it has generally been popular and I love it.

Mussels are pretty good, I prefer clams and oysters.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Someone got me to try a mussel once and it wasn't bad. It was also drowning in melted butter. :)

I could eat pounds of mussels...but, yeah, they need the butter/white wine/garlic broth.

Raw oysters on the other hand...no...just slimy snot.
  • cmsienk
    Agree. Raw oysters=yuck.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Raw oysters=yum!
  • cmsienk
    Lol. Agree to disagree. Horseradish also = yuck!
  • glassyo
    Mushrooms. I don't like the texture. Except that one time, coincidentally enough, when a friend made some and they were drowned in butter. :)
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2021
    Mushrooms. I don't like the texture. Except that one time, coincidentally enough, when a friend made some and they were drowned in butter. :)

Did you eat them together with the butter drenched mussels? I don't like mushrooms either and it's totally a texture issue.
  • glassyo

Did you eat them together with the butter drenched mussels? I don't like mushrooms either and it's totally a texture issue.

Two totally different times and now I'm thinking about just cutting out the middle man and slurping up the butter all on its own!
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    Some people say bacon makes everything better.

No....they mean butter.

Definitely!

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I only like a fruit pie if it's cold
  • lemurcat2
    edited September 2021
    I love love love cooked mushrooms, dislike to tolerate raw ones (with dressing they are okay in a salad).
  • lemurcat2
    Raw oysters=yum!

Correct. Horseradish is also delish.

Snails are great, but mainly bc of the garlic+butter.