Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Congratulating undereating

124»

Replies

• Why not just ignore the colors, and be happy when you are around 100 g of carbs? I set mine for 5% carbs.. which is 21 grams... and today I ate 9 grams. I'm sure it says I am too low, but then my goal was below 5%.. 2% is OK for me.

All the colors are saying is that based on numbers you gave, you are over.. so set it for 110, or 1% higher, if you want the color to be what you want it to be.

Just remember that in the end.. the number of calories, and macros matter.. color codes do not. as long as the numbers are right.. be happy. Ignore the color codes. You can be healthy, even if you have red warning codes.

Ranges on Spark were better, but you can do the same thing here. The numbers are still the same.. you are simply worried about a red bar. If you thought 90-110, and got 103, you should be happy, even if there is a red bar.

:)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,116 Member
    Why not just ignore the colors, and be happy when you are around 100 g of carbs? I set mine for 5% carbs.. which is 21 grams... and today I ate 9 grams. I'm sure it says I am too low, but then my goal was below 5%.. 2% is OK for me.

All the colors are saying is that based on numbers you gave, you are over.. so set it for 110, or 1% higher, if you want the color to be what you want it to be.

Just remember that in the end.. the number of calories, and macros matter.. color codes do not. as long as the numbers are right.. be happy. Ignore the color codes. You can be healthy, even if you have red warning codes.

Ranges on Spark were better, but you can do the same thing here. The numbers are still the same.. you are simply worried about a red bar. If you thought 90-110, and got 103, you should be happy, even if there is a red bar.

:)

I do ignore the colors. And the red “Your goal for today was to stay below XXX sugar”
    Because my goal wasn’t actually to stay below that level of sugar. It was to get to or slightly above it.

I just wish
    1) I didn’t have to ignore it
    and
    2) I wasn’t getting “yelled at” every time I actually do the good thing and hit my goal.

It is mildly demotivating.
    It is not a dealbreaker for me. But it could be for others.