What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• SL62814
    SL62814 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tofu sandwiches <3
  • Misoisprettycool
    Misoisprettycool Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    100% dark cacao chocolate
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    I never understand a disagree in forum topics like this. Lol
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    “Crunchies”, aka chips, pretzels, popcorn, crackers, etc. I think it’s in conjunction with how much we’ve been gaming with my BIL and SIL though, so I need to bring it to a halt. Chips at 10 pm just aren’t a good idea lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Pineapple habanero sesame sticks soooo good. Sweet with a hint of spice. ssi3j5j45ey4.jpeg
    e4rqaknrh6cd.jpeg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    SL62814 wrote: »
    Tofu sandwiches <3

There is a local Chinese restaurant that does a killer tofu banh mi. It is to die for. I don’t even want to know how many calories they slather on it in orange sauce.

My husband couldn’t find my low cal bread so be brought home a loaf of Pepperidge Farms “thin slice” white.

The slices are tiny and wafer thin. 40 calories per slice. I was pretty aggravated. But my chicken sausages were wonderful rolled in them.

I just can’t figure out what else to do with them. Too tiny for sandwiches, French toast would be laughable, but as a bun they were OTT good.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessed with tempeh hash and gravy in the morning! It's SO good! I'm thinking I might have to meal prep a bigger batch next time.

Also, I've been having the weirdest cravings for salty-sweet stuff, like peanut butter pretzels or salted caramel granola. Not sure why, since I haven't had those since I was a teenager *shrug*
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Coconut flavored Greek yogurts. I like the ones that aren’t overtly sweet.

It started with the Oikos Triple Zero yogurts. They don’t have sugar or artificial sweetness. I can eat the Salted Caramel or Coconut Creme in the evening and it is a filling, rich dessert. And I love the Lemon anytime. Unfortunately these 3 flavors are the hardest to find. ☹️

I recently bought the Don Lee Farms Organic Chipotle Black Bean burgers (Costco). I’d had them before at a friend’s and really like the flavor and texture. Great for a quick meal alongside a giant serving of cooked veggies. So I had one for dinner last night and again today for lunch. Will this replace the salmon burgers as my go to? 😋
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've started making overnight oats and those are pretty awesome. Also, went to QFC yesterday and found out that Bolthouse Farms makes a ranch dressing that's only 45 calories for a decent serving and I'm thrilled. Most ranch is more than double that!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I've started making overnight oats and those are pretty awesome. Also, went to QFC yesterday and found out that Bolthouse Farms makes a ranch dressing that's only 45 calories for a decent serving and I'm thrilled. Most ranch is more than double that!

I really like the bolthouse dressings. The balsamic vinegar goes a loooooong way.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    9x0ty6cqqa2t.jpg

Figs, Sunflower Cream cheese, sugar free maple syrup and no added sugar strawberry preserves!

https://www.treehugger.com/are-there-really-wasps-your-figs-4868822

fun fact "So yes, there is at least one dead wasp inside the figs that we like to eat.

Don't worry! We don't end up chomping on wasp exoskeleton. The figs produce ficin, a special enzyme that breaks down the insect's body into proteins that get absorbed by the plant. So the crunches you feel when you are chewing a fig are simply the seeds, not sacrificial wasps."
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    ^^^😆
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    9x0ty6cqqa2t.jpg

Figs, Sunflower Cream cheese, sugar free maple syrup and no added sugar strawberry preserves!

fun fact "So yes, there is at least one dead wasp inside the figs that we like to eat.

Don't worry! We don't end up chomping on wasp exoskeleton. The figs produce ficin, a special enzyme that breaks down the insect's body into proteins that get absorbed by the plant. So the crunches you feel when you are chewing a fig are simply the seeds, not sacrificial wasps."

Wait... sooo a plant that essentially "eats" bugs? Is that vegan??? :#
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Iced chai lattes with pumpkin cold foam from starbucks.🤷‍♀️

Also, Casava and roasted okra
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Icees.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    9x0ty6cqqa2t.jpg

Wait... sooo a plant that essentially "eats" bugs? Is that vegan??? :#

I’ve looked this up before and there is a school of thought that strict ethical vegans do not eat figs, since in order for the fig to be pollinated a female wasp has to die.

I’m in two minds, personally, is it an act of nature and can’t really be considered cruel to the wasp or exploitative? On the other hand, since I imagine figs are farmed for market it’s possible that it could be less ‘natural’. I don’t know enough about fig farming I guess! Are figs hot housed and captive wasps ‘injected’ into the fruit? 🤷‍♀️

Your figs look good though! I love fig season and as I’m vegetarian/plant based rather than an ethical vegan I’m still going to roast them with goat’s cheese and eat them! 😋

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    HELLO
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    lately, rotisserie chicken...