Zero Carb eating

Options
Zero Carb ( ZC ), is not really 0 carbs. I get some carbs from eggs. So 0-5 grams of carbs. I see Keto posts, and other forms of low carb spoken about, but not this way of eating.

So I felt I would post, and see if anyone else eats this way, and also post about my food, and results. I understand this isn't for everyone. We'll see if it is for me. If I can't stick to it, I won't just disappear. I'll let you know I can't follow it.

Today, I had a sausage and cheese omelet for breakfast, lunch will be a lb. of chicken thighs.. skin & bone included. Dinner is 9 ozs. of sirloin tip steak.. thin sliced. I don't need much variety, so you may see a lot of the same meals, with changes from week to week, but not so much, day to day.

Since today is the first post, that's about it. I'll have more to say tomorrow, if anyone else decides to respond, or I see some results. That could be weight loss, or blood sugar, since I am diabetic.

We'll see how this develops.

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    WOW! I couldn't do this or at least not for but a few days. I do 15 + or - 3 Net Carbs/day along with 1200 calorie max. That at least has let me have a few veggies (low carb ones) and a peach per day during the season.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow! That sounds very restrictive. I hope you keep posting and let us know how you do and how your energy levels out. I hope it works out for you.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Try looking at the "carnivore" threads:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=1&search=&title=carnivore&author=&cat=all&subcats=1&tags=&discussion_discussion=1&comment_comment=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=

The Buff Dudes tried carnivore for 30 days and both gave it a "No Flex" (thumbs down.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4OmsKEWC10&t=2s

Notes:
    1. They were eating wild caught/organic/grass fed.
    2. They mentioned the importance of eating "snout to tail" - so got in some offal like liver.
    3. Chicken breast is normally a staple for them, but since on this diet you get all your fats from meat/eggs, skipped chix breast for higher fat options.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo: have you done zero carb/carnivore?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    lunch will be a lb. of chicken thighs.. skin & bone included.

youre going to eat the bones?

mmmm yummy.
    Boil them for a while and make a soup.
    Delicious!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a runner and also does carnivore. He is a type 1 so being fully keto adapted means less insulin needed.

You should expect to feel a little under the weather during the adjustment period. Stay hydrated and up your electrolytes and it should help.