Women 200lb+, Let's Shine This September!!!

Replies

• I'm doing much better than I used to do on the shopping day. It's all put away, and I've started the precooking. Mostly this is cutting meat and putting it in marinade and freezing it, but I'm making a chicken bacon ranch quichecake to follow on from the bacon/spinach/mushroom one that's in the fridge being eaten on. (I like to keep one in the freezer so no matter what breakfast is handled.) So that involves cooking ground chicken with spices. Also I need to cook more hamburger for ground beef in various Mexican dishes. Two batches, as two of the four of us have Midwestern palates and the other two grew up in California and like it hotter than we can take.

But that way it's all ready, and even if I didn't remember to get some hot taco meat out of the freezer, 1:45 in the microwave has it hot and ready to use, and that makes life much easier for me since I have chronic foot pain.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Weigh-in day!

I *am* looking forward to this weekend's cooking projects, though. There's a lot of soup on the docket, LMAO - besides the Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli for lunch, I'm making a lobster bisque, chicken stock for chicken noodle soup, and a very autumnal caramelized onion, apple, and sausage soup with orecchiette that I'm REALLY looking forward to. I do kind of wish I had some kale or spinach for that last one, but I also like to make recipes as directed at least once before I start tweaking them.

how was the onion, apple & sausage soup? I would love the recipe - or a link if it is online. Did it need the spinach? it sounds like it would. and the lobster bisque sounds divine!!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    Weigh-in day!

I *am* looking forward to this weekend's cooking projects, though. There's a lot of soup on the docket, LMAO - besides the Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli for lunch, I'm making a lobster bisque, chicken stock for chicken noodle soup, and a very autumnal caramelized onion, apple, and sausage soup with orecchiette that I'm REALLY looking forward to. I do kind of wish I had some kale or spinach for that last one, but I also like to make recipes as directed at least once before I start tweaking them.

how was the onion, apple & sausage soup? I would love the recipe - or a link if it is online. Did it need the spinach? it sounds like it would. and the lobster bisque sounds divine!!

It's great! LOL I misread the recipe - the onion and apple cooks down into more of a sauce, it's not as soupy as I was expecting. But it IS delicious (and would also be awesome with something leafy wilted into it, def doing that next time)! And the lobster bisque was as well, though it was more trouble than it was worth if I'm being honest - next time I start jonesing I think I'll just go to a restaurant, LMAO.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @roz0810 Happy Birthday! 🎉
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hey girlie's. Hope you're all doing well. It's my birthday on Thursday so I've been spoilt this week so far already and spoiling myself too. Going for a meal out tomorrow with some friends. I won't be weighing in till next Wednesday at least I think because I know it won't be good!

Happy birthday!!!🎉🎂🎈
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Thank you girls for the birthday wishes ❤️😁 I had a lovely day, now back to it! Keeping it simple with logging food, staying within calories and drinking 2+ litres of water daily
  • goal06082021
    @swanjun let me know if you want recipes, I have a pretty solid rotation of 6 preppable lunches. I'm making cabbage rolls for next week, those are impressively low-calorie if I do say so myself, LMAO.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member

Height: 6'0"
    SW: 277.7
    GW: 185(ish?)
    Weigh in day is Friday
    9/1: 259.6
    9/3: 259.0
    9/10:257.4
    9/17: 251.6
    9/24

Goal for September is to be at 250.

After gaining/losing the same pound or so OVER AND OVER again for the first half of September, I had a whoosh down for the last couple of days. Sometimes this is all super frustrating/confusing.

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member

... and the higher-sugar/higher-carb breakfast of mini muffins made it just that much harder to say no to another (sugary, carby) doughnut.

I TOTALLY get what you mean by that. That's why I try to avoid most carbs. I don't think being in ketosis is magic, I just have no control once I get started. For the first couple of months, I try to avoid the carby sugary things entirely, then I start reintroducing them (within my calorie goals) as long as I can control it.
  • goal06082021
    Deanner03 wrote: »

... and the higher-sugar/higher-carb breakfast of mini muffins made it just that much harder to say no to another (sugary, carby) doughnut.

I TOTALLY get what you mean by that. That's why I try to avoid most carbs. I don't think being in ketosis is magic, I just have no control once I get started. For the first couple of months, I try to avoid the carby sugary things entirely, then I start reintroducing them (within my calorie goals) as long as I can control it.

I don't think I've ever been in ketosis - I don't intentionally try to be, anyway - but when I made a batch of homemade marshmallows earlier this summer, I noticed a clear difference in how I felt after eating one (because marshmallows are basically just sugar-flavored jello). The compulsion to keep snacking was MUCH stronger after even just the equivalent of half a teaspoon of sugar. Not even to keep snacking on sugar, specifically - just, you're in the kitchen, eat six slices of lunchmeat straight from the container while standing in front of the open fridge. I'm still not intentionally trying to cut out sugar, or at least not going out of my way to do that thing, but feeling that difference so clearly was eye-opening. I'd be fine, not in a craving/binging headspace at all. In fact, I set aside calories and planned to have a mug of hot chocolate with a couple of homemade mini-marshmallows in it for dessert that night. And then suddenly I'd find myself raiding the fridge/cabinets for no reason. It did not feel good - agitation, disappointment, anger at myself. Took me longer than I care to admit to make the connection to the marshmallows, because I have been budgeting in a little somethin' sweet for dessert for the last little bit and the Fudgesicles and raspberry cream bars and ice cream sandwiches didn't have nearly that effect - and those weren't fake diet sugar-free Fudgesicles, etc., either.
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    @swanjun let me know if you want recipes, I have a pretty solid rotation of 6 preppable lunches. I'm making cabbage rolls for next week, those are impressively low-calorie if I do say so myself, LMAO.

Yes, please! Hubby and I actually make cabbage rolls all the time. That's a great idea. I will suggest it to him. :)