Women 200lb+, Let's Shine This September!!!

Options

Replies

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @girlinkaz - congrats on losing weight while on vacation! That's amazing!

@kenziestabes - Keep on keeping on, but also try moving your calories around a bit - up a little for a few days, then down a few for a few days to see if that gets you moving. Or eat at maintenance for a few days to a week, then cycle back down to the level you've been eating.

@justanotherloser007 - that's an amazing NSV!!!! I hear you on having a larger chest....even at my smallest I was in a larger cup size. As I transition back into jogging, I've found my SheFit bras are worth every penny. I've never had a bra keep me so locked and loaded before!

@roz0810 - Happy Birthday!

@goal06082021 - pre-logging is amazing. I don't do it weekly, but I do meal plan and come to a rough figure in my head that way, so that I know where I have leeway. I'm glad you've found a method that works for you!

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    jeepkat1 wrote: »
    Hi I’m 61 and 5’4”.
    Original starting weight: 245.0

September Start Weight: 211.4 (8/31/21)
    September Goal Weight: 208.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165

Sept 1: 211.4
    Sept 7: 210.4
    Sept 14: 209.2
    Sept 21:
    Sept 28:

Wooo It's working staying on track. I have a long way to go but I'm getting there one day at a time.

Back in April when I was on vacation we went to the Cracker Barrel. They had such cute blouses but none in my size. I can want to go from an XXL to a L ! One day I might even have a waist again.

I am inspired by just being here. Thank you!

Oh man, we had a whole discussion about this at work today. They ordered some new polos and my boss was going around asking for sizes - four separate people asked, "are they men's or women's?" Because it matters! The shirt that fits on my actual human body, if it's cut one way, will have a label that says "medium," but if it's cut another way the label will say "XL" or maybe even "XXL" - but if I just tell you I need an XL, you might come back with a shirt that fits (perhaps a little tightly), or you might come back with something that might as well be a dress. And let me tell you, it feels SUPER DUPER GOOD AND GREAT to be told that a medium-size man is equivalent to an EXTRA EXTRA LARGE woman. SUPER GOOD AND GREAT. /s
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    September Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 26
    Height 5'10"
    SW 246.9 on 7/13/2021
    CW 234.8
    GW for September: 228
    GW for end of 2021: 205
    UGW 180

9/1: 235.1
    9/8: 233.5 (-1.6 pounds)
    9/15: 232.7 (-0.8 pounds)
    9/22:
    9/30:
    Total month loss: 2.4 pounds

Non-weight progress: Although the pounds have definitely slowed down, I lost an inch off my waistline so far this month. Also went kayaking this past weekend and had enough energy to take several flights of stairs afterward and walk around the city a little bit.

My hope is to still get under 230 by the end of the month, but I don't think I'll get down to 228 as planned. I think 1.4 pounds each week over the next two weeks is reasonable.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    swanjun wrote: »
    Age 47 5’6”
    Goal: Resist temptation, particularly in the evenings. I do well until then, generally.
    Goal: For bloodwork in November, I want to make sure my A1C is still in normal range (5.4% when last tested).

UGH. Feeling very down on myself right now. At dinner, I still do well replacing carbs with more veggies, and I did eat a Lean Cuisine yesterday for lunch, but I also ate some other crap like Pop-Tarts. Maybe I am doing this because of stress and worry, which seems to be never-ending. It's always something. This morning, the ceiling fan/light in our living room died. That is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's one more item on my massive to-do list.

Hey there @swanjun - I started brushing my teeth earlier in the evening as a way to remind myself that I was done for the day. I have dinner, maybe a little snack later (if I eat early), and I usually brush my teeth by about 8:30.

I'm sorry you're feeling down on yourself. It can be hard to forgo an "all or nothing" mentality and accept each day as it comes. There's nothing inherently wrong with a Pop Tart...it's just making sure a Pop Tart is a part of the bigger picture. And if you eat 2 or 20, log it, and chalk it up to learning.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    September Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 218.8
    GW for August 214
    UGW 145

9/1: 218.8
    9/8: 219.0
    9/15: 219.4
    9/22:
    9/30:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -Continue logging on MFP
    -Work out 5x per week – 3 cardio & 2 strength
    -64 oz of water each day

Yea not going in the right direction at the moment. Some high sodium and not enough water.
    Gotta get back to more vegetables and fruit with as many meals as possible.

Yesterday was my work's volunteering day. Spent the day in a garden area pulling vines. Always very nice to do so. But ordered restaurant food afterward so high sodium. I have too much foods from my produce pickups at the moment so I have got to start using more.
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @seltzer_lover I actually do do that with the toothpaste, but it doesn't seem to help me. :neutral:

@sarah12277 I probably have the same thing -- too much sodium, not enough water. I am going to drink two big glasses of water every day this week and see what happens.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @jeepkat1 the 2oz bags of Cheetos in the vending machines here at work are 330 calories. The smaller 1oz bags are about 175. Sometimes you just need some gorram cheetos, but most of the time it's not worth it, IMO.

It's good that you're developing this awareness - it's nice to realize there are no bad foods, you just have to be honest with yourself about what you're eating and make choices that serve your goals. Sour pickles are another good "snack hack," to coin a phrase - they're *basically* free. Cucumbers are basically crunchy water, pickled cucumbers are crunchy water marinated in spicy water. They do technically have SOME calories (the jar in my fridge says it's about 5 cal per 28g - an average pickle spear is about 20-30g), but unless there's a lot of sugar in the brine, not enough to really worry too much about even if you ate the entire jar. I've made myself a little ratchet charcuterie plate before, with some little gherkins, a few crackers, some lunchmeat, and a little bit of cheese - about 300cal for the lot, most of that was the cheese.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Thursday is my birthday (tomorrow) I've had my meal out with friends at my favourite restaurant. I've had my cake. I'm starting fresh again tomorrow after treating myself for a few days!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Thank you!

Thursday is my birthday (tomorrow) I've had my meal out with friends at my favourite restaurant. I've had my cake. I'm starting fresh again tomorrow after treating myself for a few days!

Happy Birthday!! :)
  • patriciafoley1
    patriciafoley1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    SW 6/1/21 212

September 1 181.6
    9/5 180.6
    9/10 180
    9/13 179
    9/14. 178

total weight loss 34
    total september weight loss 3.6
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much ❤️ I'm currently having a slimfast shake for breakfast and lunch, snacks in between is fruit and then a healthy dinner. Hello day 1! My neighbour is also losing weight with me. We're aiming for 15lbs by end of December but I'll be aiming for about 20! I can do it!