30 Day Shred Challenge?

Options

Replies

• RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the 30 Day Shred next Monday. I really want to start today, but I cannot afford to be stiff and sore for the weekend because I have a ball to attend, and swing dancing in heels is hard enough with loose muscles.

I'm just so inspired by seeing the before and after pictures from 30DS graduates... amazing and inspiring!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that I am not going to be able to do this consecutively. So, I will be completely behind everyone else, sorry. I am going to do my normal walks on M, W, F and Shred on T, Th Sa. I think I will still see good results! How is it going to far for everyone?
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Day 1 as soon as my son goes to bed......10 minutes until torture!!! I've never committed to exercising like this before but I need to work on my post baby figure!!!

Torture that's worth it!! I am still sore but feel energized and excited knowing I was able to work out and excited to stick with it! I hear it's unacceptable to use your almost 3 year old as an excuse for baby body so it's time to get into gear!

It could be worse...you could be like me and trying to blame your baby weight on your youngest...who will be turning NINE in less than a month LOL! Good luck to you!
  • goshagirl
    goshagirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 tonight. I want to join this group to keep me accountable. I am wondering how to log it, as cardio?? or what?
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Alllllrighty, day 2 level 1 down!!!! I'll tell you what, my legs aren't really bothering me that much but my arms/chest are sooooo sore already! Those push ups are roooouuugh, and to think I used to be able to do them with one arm hahaha. KEEP IT UP EVERYONE! :)
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im in, going to start tonight!

people taking before and after pics and measurements?
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing 30DS and I can not wait until its over!! Tomorrow is Day 3 of Level 3 and its HARD.

btw- good promo right now for the videos..
    https://www.jillianmichaels.com/register.aspx?promo=2318AD50-022C-43FA-87A8-55F1A8BD38CD&np=1&gclid=CImSxYmDnqsCFUoC2godVnqWjQ
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I log mine as 20 minutes of circuit training for now, but I've ordered a pedometer/calorie counter thing...so hopefully I'll get a more accurate reading.

Finished day six of level one today, but I have to go for surgery in 4 days so I'm not sure how long I'll be out of commission. :(
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just bought the DVD today & plan on starting tomorrow... so excited (although I know once I actually do it I wont be as excited)
  • ReggaeNurse
    Options
    I'll join in on the fun as well. I recently purchased it, and tried it once. It was tolerable, but definitely a workout. My biggest challenge has been bringing myself to do it. I'm hoping that a challenge like this will get me back on track. I'll start again tomorrow after work, and will post my stats at that time.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i'm starting as soon as my friend gets me her copy. hopefully tomorrow!!! fingers crossed! I have such a hard time sticking to things. So 30 days will be a MAJOR challenge for me! I'm determined this time. I can't give up!

Only broken limb or projectile vomiting will stop me from this. And even if i vomit I may just have to get right back into it!

:-)
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 3 DONE! Not as hard as day 2. However, I think I may question my plan for 30 consecutive days.
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    The way the program works is you stay on level 1 for 10 days then do level 2 for 10 days and leve 3 for 10 days. if you cannot get through level 1 by the 10th day that's okay you can stay on it until you are ready to move to level 2. The key is don't miss any days, keep doing it. The girls in the video are using 5 pound weights. If that is too much for you start with 1-3 pounds.
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 tonight. I want to join this group to keep me accountable. I am wondering how to log it, as cardio?? or what?

I log it as circuit training - general.

I meant to wake up early this morning to get another day in but that snooze button was just too tempting today. I'll be doing it tonight after work.
  • SherriSz
    SherriSz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2 last night - a little stiff today but hopefully nothing that day 3 won't fix :laugh:
  • RMonzingo
    Options
    Skipped it this morning - but I WILL do it tonight. It was SO cold this morning that I didn't want to get out of bed any sooner than I had to.

Since I'm starting Day 3 and I've done it before and know the moves, I think I'm going to 'mute' Jillian and blast some tunes instead - some of her comments drive me nuts such as "if you're looking for a modified version of a jumping-jack, you won't find it here. I've got 400 pound people doing this move, so can you". Bleh.
  • amandaplath88
    Options
    Skipped it this morning - but I WILL do it tonight. It was SO cold this morning that I didn't want to get out of bed any sooner than I had to.

Since I'm starting Day 3 and I've done it before and know the moves, I think I'm going to 'mute' Jillian and blast some tunes instead - some of her comments drive me nuts such as "if you're looking for a modified version of a jumping-jack, you won't find it here. I've got 400 pound people doing this move, so can you". Bleh.

I had read on another thread of someone doing this...so last night when i got home at midnight I turned it on and did it again (twice a day!) and muted it, turned on itunes and sped through the workout! I feel like it went so much faster.. I think it's because I put less focus on her talking and repeating which is annoying.
  • jjameli
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 of the shred. So sore, but I pulled through. Think I'll mute Jillian and blast itunes tomorrow, too. Anything to make it seem faster and easier. Thanks for the tip.
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    I'm hopping in as well. I'm on D2L1 and am feeling the aftermath-all over my body! I'm loving it though. I finally feel results from exercising that I wasn't feeling by running or bicycling. I took before pictures yesterday. I might post them after the 30 days, and I took measurements as well. I'm excited for the body changes that can happen by sticking with the program.

Good luck everyone!
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Mine came in the mail today gotta go buy some weights & the mat ... I only have resistance bands here I dont know if they will work with it.