Women 200lb+, Let's Shine This September!!!

Options

Replies

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're enjoying maintaining @girlinkaz that's brilliant that u feel so great!

I had a few binge days oops but I've put it behind me, moving on and letting it go, I hope! Time to get serious again.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @sandielewis2001 what an extremely good gorl!! thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful monster doggo.

Happy Friday, everybody. We made it.

I think I'm gonna shake things up for breakfast next week and try a baked oatmeal - The Algorithm keeps serving me recipe posts for various pumpkin or apple-cinnamon baked oatmeals, so heck, I guess I can give it a try. Now that it is actually autumn I'm ready for All Pumpkin Everything Forever, so I'm gonna try a pumpkin recipe. Haven't decided yet if I'll make some kind of drizzle for the top, but I think the plan is going to be to cut the finished oatblock into individual bars and figure out how many of those constitute one breakfast. I think I'll use my 8" square baking dish, plan to make eight 2x4" bars - that's a manageable size for a breakfast item, and depending on the calorie breakdown, two of those might make a perfectly cromulent breakfast.

Keep us posted on how they are!!! I'm curious!
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Deanner03 wrote: »
    Goal for September is to be at 250.- MET

Congratulations!
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have a question, and I figure you guys are safe to ask without getting a bunch of suggestions that I can't possibly do, lol.

100% of my exercise thus far has been cardio (mostly walking with the dogs outside). I'd like to start with some weight training. I have a bowflex (that I really don't know how to use), but don't know where to start with a program. Any suggestions?
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @goal06082021 baked oatmeal! What a great idea. I’ll make some this weekend too.

@Deanner03 I started using Shona Vertue (I purchased her 12 week fitness program but she’s got a lot of free videos on YouTube) in March of 2020 and have never looked back. The key I think is to be ok with starting with whatever level of fitness/non-fitness you are at and build from there. When I started, I was using 2lb weights and even then sometimes I could barely get through the exercise. Now, a year and a half later, I’m up to using 25lb weights! What I appreciate about Shona is that she always talks about quality over quantity, isn’t all about getting skinny but rather about getting strong, and talks a lot about how to protect yourself from injury. She’s pretty intense but if you are ok with modifying down for a while, I would recommend her stuff!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Original starting weight: 257.8 1/14/21

September Start Weight: 219.2 (8/31/21)
    September Goal Weight: 216.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Sept 4: 218.9 -(0.3)
    Sept 11: 217.6 -(1.3)
    Sept 18: 216.4 (-1.2)
    Sept 25: 216.1 (-0.3)
    Sept 30:

A little disappointed with this week’s loss, but I guess it’s still a loss. I’m only 0.1 lb from my monthly goal! It seems like I rarely ever reach it. Lol. Tomorrow is my daughter’s birthday so I will be having some cake. I’ll just try to keep it small. The funny thing is I barely ever crave sweets anymore. That’s all I used to eat!
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @renewed2021 ((((hugs)))) back to square 1 you may be, but you know how to get to square 2. I really really really believe in you! Have you successfully changed 1 habit? Maybe cling to that success until you are able to take that next step. Have you ever been stubborn or tenacious? Maybe apply that to your 1 good habit change. Re-center on that 1 good habit. I believe you were the one habit building? Sometimes when you build, it all falls down but you DO learn something. This thing worked, this thing didn't work. You can do this, it is very easy to give up. It is harder to keep plugging away after so many failures. Failure always comes before success, I think my favorite example of HWPO is Colonel Sanders. He failed 1,009 times, I don't think I can count that high!! And yet, if any of those 1,008 attempts he quit, he would NEVER have succeeded. No one would have heard of KFC chicken. Failure is normal, it takes real character to keep going after failure to get to the success that comes afterward. I had someone post this on my MFP thread once, "Sacrifice for what you want, or what you want will be the sacrifice."

❤ I feel like you were also talking to me today. Thank you!!! This was awesome!!!
  • drj63
    Options
    @Renewed2021 I'm so sorry you're feeling that way right now. And I know random tidbits of advice or encouragement may not be helpful or welcomed right now. But, my two cents, I don't think you're back to square one. 250 but making better fitness and nutritional choices is not the same as 250 and being sedentary/eating junk food. It's hard to roll with the punches, but if it makes you feel better, I gained 2.5 pounds one week this month- only half a pound less than yours. I log my weight every day for trend analysis and by random luck, my check in day for this forum wasn't on the day that showed a 2.5 pound gain.

I know the phrase "healthy at every size" is controversial, and I get why, but I have chosen to interpret that phrase as "making the daily commitment to choose one's health, regardless of weight." Some days, that commitment is harder than others. Maybe we on MFP need to do better about celebrating the commitment and process rather than just the results. So that's what I'm going to do. I am SO PROUD of you. You've dealt with blow upon blow in your health journey and have picked yourself back up again and again. You've put in the research to find out what's best for your body and self, and you've put that research to action. You've even allowed yourself to be vulnerable and put yourself out there in order to connect with women in a similar place in their weight loss journey. These are huge!

Today's a hard day. Tomorrow's probably also going to be a hard day. Not everyday is going to be a hard day. You've got this. Choose healthy at your goal weight. Choose healthy at 250. We're making that choice right beside you.

Beautiful!!! You spoke to me, al ad o! Thank you! ❤
  • drj63
    Options
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 2021: 271.1
    SW this month: 203.0 (8/31/21)
    GW this month: 197
    GW for 2021: 180 (changed from 199)

9/2: 203.0
    9/9: 202.2
    9/16: 204.0
    9/23: 201.0 (70lbs loss to date!)
    9/30:

Congratulations!!! Wow!!! The discipline and hard work you have put in to living a healthy lifestyle!!!!👏👏👏❤
  • drj63
    Options
    Deanner03 wrote: »
    It's FACE THE MUSIC FRIDAY!

Height: 6'0"
    SW: 277.7
    GW: 185(ish?)
    Weigh in day is Friday
    9/1: 259.6
    9/3: 259.0
    9/10:257.4
    9/17: 251.6
    9/24: 248.9

Goal for September is to be at 250.- MET

Awesome!!! 👏👏👏
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I would put it up in side dish portions and that way you can work out how much a half cup or whatever is calorically and just warm up a bit when you can use it with some meat.