Keto Keto Keto!!

Options
Been on Keto for a about a month and a half, really trying to lose 20 lbs in a couple of months and would love the knowledge of other Keto peeps! Please, I would love to know routines, if you exercise and just start a conversation!! Thank you all!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lots of sodium, like 3500 to 5000mg a day. And adequate protein, 1.5 - 2.2g/kg of weight.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You should check out the Low Carber Daily Forum group - lots of ketoers there: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    It appears the OP, was struggling with Keto, just like people struggle with EVERY diet plan, and ended up probably quitting the diet, and the site.

Many people yo-yo like this.. it works for a while, then they don't want to eat what's for dinner, and t off plan, gain, and go up and down. That's why after 1.5 months, she still hadn't lost 20 lbs.

Of course, she wouldn't be ON Keto, if any of the OTHER diets, we all tried first, had worked ANY better. Few people decide that eating junk food is bad, so they will start a diet, but not just any diet.. a carb restrictive one, and not just low carb, but one of the most restrictive of THOSE ways of eating low carb..

This is usually someone's option, after exhausting all the diets which sounds so much more reasonable, but didn't even help them maintain.. they GAINED on those diets.. so far maintenance had been her best option.. whether on Keto, or some other.. if she had been on any plan where she lost consistently, she would have been on THAT plan, not Keto.

Nothing works for everyone, because we all are able to stick to different plans, and the one we do, which helps us lose weight, and be healthy, over long periods of time, is the plan that works for US.

Unfortunately, when someone puts themselves out there, and discusses their plan, and then fails, they are forced to slink away in failure, and not simply move on and try some other plan, because many people who think another plan is better, revel in their failure, and throw it in their face. So she simply never came back.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    https://scitechdaily.com/scientists-claim-overeating-is-not-the-primary-cause-of-obesity-point-to-more-effective-weight-loss-strategies/

In 2014 I didn't set out to do Keto because I didn't know about the Keto WOE.

I just understood I didn't what to depend on Enbrel injections for the rest of my life at the age of 63 for pain management.

My intuition each morning on waking would remind me to manage my Ankylosing Spondylitis pain to just stop eating or drinking foods containing added sugars and/or any form of any grain.

I had an appointment to return and start the Enbrel injections in 90 days. For 60 days I tried and failed and was in a panic. My life had taught me to trust my gut feelings.

So cold turkey I acted on my intuition for the next 30 but thought it was going to kill me. At the time I didn't know that the gut microbiome would be remodeling and how toxic that could be.

• KickinATakinNames
    Options
    Hi! I'm not new to Keto, but I've been on it 15 days now and am 15lbs down. I am kind of stuck at a plateau right now. I follow a very strict keto and I feel like I'm stuck. How do I get out of this plateau? Any advice would be appreciate :)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not new to Keto, but I've been on it 15 days now and am 15lbs down. I am kind of stuck at a plateau right now. I follow a very strict keto and I feel like I'm stuck. How do I get out of this plateau? Any advice would be appreciate :)

Hey. I don’t do keto.
    That said? There’s a good keto group here, do a search for it and I’m sure it will turn up.

@Lietchi is right. A stall of a couple weeks - definitely frustrating - but not a plateau.
    Plateau is five weeks at least.

Weight loss is not linear. And female bodies are especially not linear when it comes to weight loss.

Why have you chosen keto?
    Really, any method that restricts calories will lead to weight loss. Myself? I am eating whatever I want. I’m just choosing to eat reasonable portions.
    Almost 70 pounds down since February.
    Proof that keto isn’t the only way to go.