Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What’s your pet hate at the gym?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Tito_Tim wrote: »
    Kmb4391 wrote: »
    At my gym we have this women who comes in two or three times a week and just hangs out to judge people. She'll plant her butt down on whatever she can find to sit on and just mock everything the rest of us are doing. On multiple occasions, I've seen her eating snacks and drinking what I'm pretty sure was a beer. I keep reporting her to management but I'm pretty sure she's sleeping with that guy.

Also....I workout at home...
    Don't tell my wife I brought her up on the internet.....

:smile:

That is funny (no, I am not a boomer). I told it to my wife - she thought it was funny, and she is a millennial...

Not that age is a barrier to a sense of humor. But some folks here seem to have none. So sad for them.

Replace old man with fat man or fat woman and see if there is a sense of humor about that.

The punchline still works.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    At my gym we have this women who comes in two or three times a week and just hangs out to judge people. She'll plant her butt down on whatever she can find to sit on and just mock everything the rest of us are doing. On multiple occasions, I've seen her eating snacks and drinking what I'm pretty sure was a beer. I keep reporting her to management but I'm pretty sure she's sleeping with that guy.

That is funny (no, I am not a boomer). I told it to my wife - she thought it was funny, and she is a millennial...

Not that age is a barrier to a sense of humor. But some folks here seem to have none. So sad for them.

Replace old man with fat man or fat woman and see if there is a sense of humor about that.

There was no "old man" in that story to replace.

0v3ftxwvcy9x.png

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member

0v3ftxwvcy9x.png

Ohhhhh - you meant the other reply to the post with the joke awhile back, not what was actually posted just now you replied to.
    That could be confusing to Tito_Tim since he said nothing about that other reply, and you responded to him about it.
  • Kmb4391
    Kmb4391 Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2021

In my few years of experience, fat people are always funnier lol I mean when I was heavier (much heavier) I was definitely funnier. I also drank more, so maybe I just thought I was funnier? O well, the internet world is full of all sorts and I hope someone can find a laugh from my post. If not, I recommend drinking a beer and coming back to read it again (repeat til funny) :)
  • Tito_Tim
    Tito_Tim Posts: 72 Member

0v3ftxwvcy9x.png

Ohhhhh - you meant the other reply to the post with the joke awhile back, not what was actually posted just now you replied to.
    That could be confusing to Tito_Tim since he said nothing about that other reply, and you responded to him about it.

Yeah, dude is lost. He is replying to me about a post a did even comment on. 😎🍹
  • Tito_Tim
    Tito_Tim Posts: 72 Member
    People that do not know what headphones (or earbuds) are. I love music, but I do not want to hear yours. This is a much bigger problem in the Philippines than in the US. 😎
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 146 Member
    People that do not know what headphones (or earbuds) are. I love music, but I do not want to hear yours. This is a much bigger problem in the Philippines than in the US. 😎

I'm with you on this!

For me, it's people who don't wipe down equipment (or do it with their sweat towel :anguished: ) and those that DON'T PUT THE WEIGHTS BACK. That used to drive me crackers.
  • heybales
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    I honestly thought that "the person who bicep curls in the squat rack" was a gym meme.

But no.

For two days running someone was curling in the squat rack at our gym. A different person on each occasion. We have ONE squat rack in the entire gym. They weren't even using the bar - they had taken a preloaded bar over to the squat rack. They weren't even using the safeties to rest the preloaded bar on - they were picking it up from the floor.

People who curl in the squat rack are now my pet hate in the gym.

Oh, and the woman who was face-timing in the changing rooms.

yikes and yikes!

Is the only mirror in front of the squat rack or something?
    Even then, not like curling requires that much form check.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    People who try to make light chitchat while I'm counting reps.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    oh boyyyyy
  • heybales
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    I honestly thought that "the person who bicep curls in the squat rack" was a gym meme.

But no.

For two days running someone was curling in the squat rack at our gym. A different person on each occasion. We have ONE squat rack in the entire gym. They weren't even using the bar - they had taken a preloaded bar over to the squat rack. They weren't even using the safeties to rest the preloaded bar on - they were picking it up from the floor.

People who curl in the squat rack are now my pet hate in the gym.

Oh, and the woman who was face-timing in the changing rooms.

xll8oop25ys1.png

Kinda wish I'd thought to do shrugs in the curl rack when the opportunity arose to make a point.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    i have a long list of things that annoy me.... from not wiping machines down (and i dont trust anyone which is why i wipe down not only after but also before my workouts) to not putting away weights or accessories but my #1 most hated offense, that i think should result in an immediate ban from every gym everywhere?

wearing perfume or cologne while working out.

just GTFO

OMG, I went on Tuesday night and this guy (teenager) I think took a bath in Ax Body Spray. I nearly vomited. I was already breathing hard and this crud just gets deep into your lungs.

No dude, it's not turning anyone on!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    I would love to remove the monthly membership fee from my budget, but not only do I not have adequate equipment at home for a home gym, but until my son moves out of my basement I don't have anywhere to put it anyway, so guess I'm stuck still going. One day I'll have the weights needed at home to stop going...but then I'll miss having access to the hot tub and sauna, so I'm also not in any rush, lol.