WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka – It is not actually raining this minute, but the sidewalks and deck are wet. Hummingbirds are at the feeders and I’m back to poisoning ants with Raid. I keep the spray well away from the bird feeders. :star:

Mary from MN/AZ - Welcome back! :bigsmile:

Heather – Taking time off with your brother is brilliant. I hope you have a grand time together. :flowerforyou:

Lisa – Congrats on meeting all of your September goals. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Terri – It is good to see you posting! :star:

Dr. Katie – Thank you for defining doughty! Brave and persistent are excellent qualities. :flowerforyou:

Carol in GA- I hope that October is a happier month for you, and a good one for all of us. :heart:

DH & I live in Halloweentown, a block or so from the entrance to Old Town St Helens. We will have to pay to go inside if we want to go. I am grumpy about the notion that I have to pay to walk down a public sidewalk a block from our house. I think I’ll call the city today to find out whether we can get passes to come and go.

Katla the Grouch
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Barbie, thank you always, for starting bus off on the right foot, and mindset. Its truly a reset, and I look forward to turning another page with the lot of you, my merry band of ladies!

My weight has gone down some over the summer, but presently I haven't been losing. I was 248 lbs back in August and now I'm 239. Nothing to really notice. My digestion has been an issue, but I have a doctors appointment on the 12th.

October goals
    - to exercise Mon thru Thurs with husband at gym.
    - hydrate!
    - Fast cleanly 20/4
    That should be enough for now!
    Rebecca
    Thankful for you all in
    Whidbey
    Washington
    npd2dzt811j5.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    I decided to change the plans for today. :D
    As DH was finding company a bit wearing , I thought it would be a super idea to take my brother and wife out into town and let them buy me my birthday lunch out, while DH stayed at home and had a cheese sandwich. Great plan! :D
    We went to a posh fish restaurant that I know has NO music. We shared a bottle of white wine and I had oysters for starter, followed by garlicky scallops and creamed spinach. Just about my favourite lunch and actually the best scallops I have ever had. :D<3 Everyone enjoyed their choices.
    After a browse around the Lanes, lots of walking, we headed for M&S where we stocked up with starters and dessert for dinner. They also bought DH'S birthday present of a small Christmas cake and a posh bottle of wine. :D
    All marvellous. Then we caught the bus home for a nap.
    So, tonight's menu is - nibbles and aperitif - wild boar chorizo, hummus, tzatziki, anchovy olives.
    Dinner - chilli con carne, tortilla wraps, creme fraiche, guacamole, fresh salsa, refried beans, lettuce.
    Dessert - tarte au citron, fresh mango and pomegranate.
    Wine of choice.
    :pB)<3

Tomorrow's breakfast is my birthday breakfast of bagels, scrambled eggs and bacon. No lunch and then tea and cake with the family. Edie is making the cake with Daddy's help.
    Evening will be champagne and faux caviar blinis and iberico ham. :D

Happy me! I will be waking them up soon for our extended tapas session! Will get salsa and lettuce chopped first.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    PS - Loved your post Terri! :p<3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka-I think the airfare to/from Canada is due to COVID. It's irrationally high because they want to discourage tourism. I priced it for a work trip and it was over $20K to Australia from California, which is not the norm. I think that'll change as borders start to open up again.

Welcome back, Janet and Mary.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    I decided to change the plans for today. :D
    As DH was finding company a bit wearing , I thought it would be a super idea to take my brother and wife out into town and let them buy me my birthday lunch out, while DH stayed at home and had a cheese sandwich. Great plan! :D
    We went to a posh fish restaurant that I know has NO music. We shared a bottle of white wine and I had oysters for starter, followed by garlicky scallops and creamed spinach. Just about my favourite lunch and actually the best scallops I have ever had. :D<3 Everyone enjoyed their choices.
    After a browse around the Lanes, lots of walking, we headed for M&S where we stocked up with starters and dessert for dinner. They also bought DH'S birthday present of a small Christmas cake and a posh bottle of wine. :D
    All marvellous. Then we caught the bus home for a nap.
    So, tonight's menu is - nibbles and aperitif - wild boar chorizo, hummus, tzatziki, anchovy olives.
    Dinner - chilli con carne, tortilla wraps, creme fraiche, guacamole, fresh salsa, refried beans, lettuce.
    Dessert - tarte au citron, fresh mango and pomegranate.
    Wine of choice.
    :pB)<3

Tomorrow's breakfast is my birthday breakfast of bagels, scrambled eggs and bacon. No lunch and then tea and cake with the family. Edie is making the cake with Daddy's help.
    Evening will be champagne and faux caviar blinis and iberico ham. :D

Happy me! I will be waking them up soon for our extended tapas session! Will get salsa and lettuce chopped first.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Happyyyyy bdayyyyyyyy in case I forget tomorrow
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Almost home!!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Terrri where did you find the habit tracker? I’d like to do something like that.

RvRita
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, practiced WBW, DM and 7/8 of Grand Daddy Long Legs, learned last eighth of GDLL.
    Bonus: beach walk with Joe and the dogs, happy hour with C, T & Re, called power then communications company to report falling tree stretching line.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, wrap T’s gift, practice WBW, DM and all of Grand Daddy Long Legs, T’ai Chi today text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: Silver Linings, All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Tuesday: USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    October
    1: Write down three things you can look forward to this month: 1=our 34th anniversary Sunday. 2=apple cider pressing at church on the 13th. 3=glorious October weather.

Thank you Barbie!

Sunny, breezy, blue sky October morning. Like Kay, October is my “favoritest” month.

Pip “dogs not allowed on the beach” Fooey. When Joe and I went to Olympia National Park, we found out the dogs could not go past the parking lot, even on leash. Would have been nice to have been told that BEFORE we paid the entry fee. I can understand how some trails should be dog free, but to forbid them from entire parks makes me crazy.
    Flea admire you for working throughout the treatments. Can’t be easy.
    Terri I :love: your habits tracker, and Machka’s pens. Much more attractive than my spreadsheet :laugh: Are the colors/patterns a code? Really :love: the “read 1 book from the ‘to read’ pile…” I need this! Was “building better habits” a book or a class or ???
    Julie yes our county’s covid case numbers are still too high for me to return to inside T’ai Chi or Line Dancing. Round trip to the powerline with the dogs is 15-20 minutes, not enough! One of my walking buddies is busy with out of town guests, and the other is out of town dealing with inlaw health issues. Time for me to pull up my big girl panties and walk myself! Daily step average edged up to 7228 for October ;)
    Tina safe travels!
    Mary was delighted to see your smiling face pop up this morning! Really admire your and JanetR’s farming adventures, but sounds like too much work for me… ;)
    Machka hope your Dr.'s consultation and test results point to quick, complete and easy resolutions.
    Lisa “…stay with what works” Yes! V. glad to hear you feel significantly better, and wowed by your mortgage payoff ahead of time success.
    Heather :love: how your solution to Johnny’s reaction to the overexcited extended family talk time ;) What a nice bday present from your DB! Oh, how I wish I could go to M&S!
    Allie I’m with you. Never Ever let repairers in your place when you’re not there… especially with Alfie. Be safe!
    Carol, ((hugs))
    Rita Couragia! and safe travels.
    Carla from MN Hi!
    Vicki congrats on the SV!
    Katla yes, residents should have passes, included with your property tax. Go get ‘em!

September Summary and October Plan
    Backslid a little on vitamins, logging, CI<CO, mfp, up hill, dancing.
    Way back on step days, CI<250<CO, cleaning, AF, T’ai Chi.
    Weight UP 1.3 lbs, no surprise.
    Sit with Joe, pack walk, average steps, Tumble and Shadow time held steady or improved a little.

Adjusted weekly goals to show at least 30 mins activity every day.
    Need this structure since still abstaining from indoor T’ai Chi and Line Dancing ;’(

September results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 100%/94%, steps=average: 7228 vs 7222 step days:61%/77%, vits=97%/98% log=97%/100% CI<CO= 90%/94% CI<250<CO=55%74% Tumble 5/10=84%/71% Shadow 5/10=97%/60% mfp=90%/103% AF=48%/61% outside= 116%/97%, up hill=90%/113% cleaning40%/73%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3=28%/100%, dance=50%/75% walk with T or Joe and the dogs or pack walk x2=89%/89%, rx=100%/120% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant=0/2
    Sept 30: 141.3 Aug 31:140.0 July 31:140.2 June 30: 141.5 May 31:142.4 Apr 30:141.5 Mar 31:145.3 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31:141.3 Jan 1:145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3
    Waist: 42.0/42.0 thank goodness.

October resolve- .
    Re-commit to daily: BB&C or TC and daily 10 mins cleaning before solitaire.
    Continue to be really present with Joe, and to get those dogs down to the powerline rain or shine.
    Weekly: Mon=15 mins BB&B. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games..
    Encourage Joe to walk or bike.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Octber: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:31, weigh/wii: 29/0/0; steps>7222=9457 vits=30, log=30, CI<CO=28, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=26, Shadow=30, mfp=28, outside=36, up hill=28, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=1.5, Wed:TC=1, PW=3, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12:139.8 9/19:142.2 9/26:140.7 9/30:141.2
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=15, play=1.25!!! sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • redcatwhite53
    redcatwhite53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the encouragement! This motivates and encourages me daily!
  • Katla49
    Options
    (((Janet))) - Your pride in your granddaughter’s generosity is well founded. Your tears touch my heart. I am sorry for your loss. ❤️
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    (((Janet))) - Your pride in your granddaughter’s generosity is well founded. Your tears touch my heart. I am sorry for your loss. ❤️

Thank you, sweet friend. She and I did so much together. I miss her terribly.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbara So Oregon ..."JanetR’s farming adventures, but sounds like too much work for me…" oh dear, I didn't mean to be misleading. We do not take care of the property nor the animals. It belongs to our son and DIL, and their two boys 13 and 12. They do the work, we enoy!!! Lol

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Beth thanks for the welcome! I do the 19:5 fasting and love it! It's the only way I can keep from over eating. It's easy for me to wait until 3:00pm then 1200 calories goes a long way!
    Barbara I love the farm life! My daughter took in an abandoned baby squirrel named Chloe. She's quite an addition to the household! I have trouble doing things like walking and biking alone. I prefer to do it with my husband. Enjoy your walk!
    Janetr your DGD was extremely generous and the Honor Walk is a very special way to honor your DGD <3
    Tina thanks for the welcome back! After we get back to Arizona we will be heading your way to see the grandkids!

I'm now at the horse ranch and will be very busy for the weekend! Have a great weekend ladies!

<3Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Mary- i think they gave me a pig valve im not sure it is not a mechanical or else i would have to be on warferin the rest of my life,they have me on Eliquis now,which is great
  • pipcd34
    Options
    We’ve been home, putting the homestead back together, unpacking, etc…