Intermittent fasting

Options
I would like to hear other people's experiences, I have been doing it for a month.

Replies

• SweetT1021
    SweetT1021 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of success with IF mixed with low carb. Anyone want to share experiences?
  • GeekDadCS
    GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I only just started (literally on Friday) and I've already lost 2 pounds. Shocked the crap out of me.
  • eacerda23
    eacerda23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have my time line for eating at 0700 until 1300 (1pm). I stick to the same foods each day. 3 hard boiled egg whites for breakfast. Grilled chicken and green beans for lunch usually around 0945 to 1000. My dinner is at 1230 which is also chicken and green beans. I do have some snacks around 1045 or 1100. That usually consists of 2 tsp peanut butter, almonds and a salad with no dressing.

I've done this for about two weeks and I'm down 10lbs.

This is all done just through the fasting and diet. I can't workout at the moment due to injuries.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    I started back on IF on 10/1 I have lost 17lbs so far :)
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Sometimes IF of some form works for me - from 'just skip breakfast' down to OMAD - sometimes it doesn't. When it does it's a very good calorie management tool for me. When it doesn't, it's pretty clear and I've learned not to try and 'tough it out' and just eat. Truthfully the lower my BMI has gotten the less well it works.

Re: Immediate loss with IF - remember your scale doesn't weigh fat. It weighs your body and everything in or on it. IF of some stripe often shows a sharper scale weight drop for me because:
    1-) My glycogen stores are more depleted by the time I step on the scale
    2-) Having gone longer than usual without eating means less actual food in my stomach or, erm, in transit through my body.

That's fun and all but do expect it to even out to match your actual caloric deficit.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I’ve enjoyed Dr. Fung’s books, especially The Obesity Code. I’m starting my weight loss journey again this week. Combining two 36 hour fasts per week with 16/8 three days a week and a Mediterranean style diet should lead me to my goals. I found keto too restrictive. Will keep y’all informed as to my progress. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I’m in a 36 hour fast right now and enjoying it. I was thinking about limiting carbs too 100 grams a day. It’s a work in progress for sure!