🐈‍⬛ 🎃 October Daily Log & Weigh in Challenge 🎃🐈‍⬛

Replies

• staceymcmd
    staceymcmd Posts: 652 Member
    Hi, would love to jump in mid-month too. I've been on MFP off and on for a few years, and I find the challenges really help to keep me motivated :)

Highest Weight: 182
    Current Weight: 155.6

October 16 155.6
    October 17
    October 18
    October 19
    October 20
    October 21
    October 22
    October 23
    October 24
    October 25
    October 26
    October 27
    October 28
    October 29
    October 30
    October 31
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,676 Member
    Highest Weight: 204
    October Start Weight: 185
    October Weight lost so far:

October 6 184.5lbs ⬇️ Wednesday is my normal weigh-in time. I have been focusing in on dinner portions. Happy about the weather, continued prayers 🙏 for discipline and gratitude for family and friends including the new support shown to me by the members of this challenge. Thank you.

October 13 193lbs ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
    OK my Wednesday weigh-in. Something is definitely going on with my body. I gained 8.5 lbs in a week. If my clothes didn't fit I would be more depressed. 😤
    October 14 190lbs ⬇️⬇️⬇️
    October 15 189lbs ⬇️
    October 16 187lbs ⬇️⬇️
    October 17
    October 18
    October 19
    October 20
    October 21
    October 22
    October 23
    October 24
    October 25
    October 26
    October 27
    October 28
    October 29
    October 30
    October 31
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 61 years old and from the Midwest USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Sept 30th): 186.2
    Goal: 181.2 (Five lb Loss)
    End Of Challenge Weight:

******************************th?id=OIP.wymjGPTasxKavbu0sBNaPAHaEy&pid=Api&P=0&w=361&h=269******************************

10/01-…...187.0 Well, there I am, off to a bad start. I had a full-on binge last night so this is not surprising. Today I will try to compensate as best I can but tomorrow may be a travel day. That means restaurant meal and less than normal movement. Ugg, why does it have to be such a rough road?

10/02-.…..185.0 I worked outside yesterday on painting and staining. Over 16,000 steps back & forth into the house. 6 flights of stairs and 2900 calorie burn overall for the day. That helped. I stuck to my guns and avoided over-snacking last night which is my #1 downfall. It all paid off. Today is travel so tomorrow the scale will be up again due to restaurant meal and lots of car sitting/driving but no worries. I will quickly turn it back around.

10/03-.…..187.0…..Well there is the uptick I expected. My goal today is to work it back down and not let it pull me in the wrong direction any further. Rain all day and thunderstorms expected too. Lots of workers will be here today again. No privacy until late tonight after 9:00 but I will try to go up & down my steps in the house, at the very least.

10/04-.…..187.2…..Some unexpected travel yesterday which took me away for about 4 hours late afternoon until evening. However, the shorter trip did not blow my dietary goals. I just lacked movement and as much water as I would normally drink. I hope today goes smoother.

10/05-.…..186.8…..I did sneak in a few extra calories last night after I closed out, but not enough to hurt the scale. I’m so glad to see a drop today. It’s time to see 185 point anything again. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

10/06-.…..184.6…..Body functions worked good yesterday (finally). Nice to see a drop on the scale and find out where I really am.

10/07-.…..184.8….. A normal fluctuation. All is well and yesterday was a good day. I am so happy to hanging around in the 184 range. Aiming for another good day today!

10/08-.…..185.6….. I have no idea in this world of ours why there was a gain. My macros were good, my calories were in the green, I had even more exercise than I logged. Nothing too salty to eat. Perhaps my body is just compensating a little for the large recent drops. In any case, I am still down from this round’s start so I’ll not sweat it and just trust the process.

10/09-.…..184.0…..After the strange weight yesterday, this is the adjustment that is overdue. It was another good day. It rained all day so my exercise level was low. However, my diet was on point and I got to babysit my 3 yr old DGS. That is always a plus! And the bonus was lots of steps up and down the stairs chasing him. I honestly just can’t get enough of his face and his bright eyes!

10/10-.…..185.6…..I didn’t expect that big of an uptick. I did go over calories by the cost of a small yogurt last night but that wasn’t so bad. Daughter and DGS moved back in late last night after trouble at home. She brought Chinese which we split and fit into my calorie allowance (at the time). I’m thinking sodium. I’ll have to really watch it today which will be difficult with others here. I’ll have to readjust things.

10/11-.…..185.6…..(Trend Weight 188.1)….. My daughter brought in over $150.00 worth of Halloween Candy she had at home. OMGosh. I’m in trouble! Doing my best but my willpower is not the greatest. It’s like me being in a restaurant where I actually have to practice restraint, and we all know I haven’t mastered that skill yet. Oh Boy! She bought the candy for a costume Halloween party she was going to have which is now cancelled due to her current circumstances. I will try hard to do good today.

10/12-.…..185.6…..(Trend Weight 187.9)…..I had a talk with my daughter about that candy. She made a wonderful plan to GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE. Good day yesterday all around. I wish the scale had reflected it. Travel today so I expect a bit of an uptick tomorrow. I always do better at home with more movement and less extravagance in my eating. I’m taking it in stride. It’s all part of the process.

10/13-.…..187.0…..(Trend Weight 187.8)…..Started the day horribly with my grandson age 3 who wouldn’t stop screaming, writhing on the floor and kicking. He was not in a good mood at all. I already feel drained. Today is not going to be a good day. That is clear. Poor little fella has been uprooted from his home and so I understand his frustration. But it doesn’t make it any easier, especially physically. It took two of us getting kicked in the face, just to get him standing to get his clothes on. I’m already reminding myself about every 3 minutes that I will not emotionally eat today or that I will not take the easy way out and eat something that doesn’t require a lot of planning due to exhaustion. That usually has more calories and carbs. Uptick on the scale is from travel yesterday. I’ve got to try to offset that today while figuring out how to deal with 4 different people and 4 different eating tastes and habits including my Autistic son and his white food. 7 workers expected throughout the day today, overlapping. Last one will leave about 9:30 pm. I’m not looking forward to this day. DGS sets the whole tone for all of us in the morning.

10/14-.…..186.2…..(Trend Weight 187.6)….. I love love love all the posts since yesterday. So funny, so inspiring, so caring. Love all the pics too. Thanks everyone for the inspiration!

10/15-……185.6…..(Trend Weight 187.4)….. Nice to see a drop. Travel today . Here comes the yo-yo.
    10/16-……185.8…..(Trend Weight 187.3)….. Not bad after travel. I’m hoping it’s finished with it’s final vote. I don’t see the possibility of my making goal this month unfortunately, but I do know I can make more progress. Going for it!

10/17-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/18-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/19-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/20-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/21-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/22-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/23-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/24-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/25-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/26-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/27-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/28-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/29-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/30-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/31-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……

145320379.png
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    Highest weight: 293 (01/28/21)
    October SW - 206.4
    October GW - 198

10/1 - 206.4
    10/2 - 206.2 (11605 steps yesterday and while I tracked every bite I had a special meal out so I always tend to make sure I overestimate when that happens... looks like I was successful in doing so since I saw a loss today)
    10/3 - 206.6 (18883 steps yesterday as I golfed 18 holes and walled the course. Had another meal out so the slight uptick isn't surprising.)
    10/4 - 207 (13060 steps yesterday - tried HIIT for the first time, got out for a walk, and did my yoga)
    10/5 - 208.4 (11011 steps yesterday, did a nice hike of Tunnel Mountain in Banff National Park, later supper and lots of sodium)
    10/6 - 208.6 (14954 steps yesterday, we got to Kananaskis Nordic Spa in the mountains and had a lovely dinner out last night and then today we spent the day at the spa - couples massage, steam rooms and pools, 11 hour car trip tomorrow to my dad's house so it will be a more sedentary day tomorrow I imagine)
    10/7 - 207 (10042 steps yesterday, controlled day of eating and it paid off on the scales. 11 hour car trip today but I started the morning with exercise.. still hoping to make my 10K steps, wish me luck!)
    10/8 - 204.8 (8880 steps yesterday, fell a but short but considering I was in a car for 11+ hours and the end of the trip was a visit with family and a large meal, i will take this massive weight drop!)

Week 1 loss - 1.6

10/9 - 204.4 (8961 steps yesterday, a bit harder to hit my 10K goal while I'm on holidays but still making effort to do so! Just so happy to see yesterday's drop is holding)
    10/10 - 206.4 (12820 steps yesterday, we had Chinese food.. enough said)
    10/11 - 206 (5264 steps yesterday, had Thanksgiving dinner #1 and was happy with how it went)
    10/12 - 205.6 (7819 steps yesterday, Thanksgiving dinners are officially done and I lost weight on the trip.. woo hoo! Looking forward to getting back to my normal activity levels but I had a great time visiting family.)
    10/13 - 204.6 (10991 steps yesterday, we drove 11 hours to get home but I was then able to ride the bike and take my dog for a walk.. feeling good settling back into my routine.)
    10/14 - 205 (16023 steps yesterday, chose to walk to my eye doctor and rode the Peloton. Still feels good to be back in routine. Going to the mountains to hike today for our last day of vacation.)
    10/15 - 207.4 (21615 steps yesterday, long hike in the mountains with an elevation gain of 700m. It's my first day back to work today after a long vacation and I couldn't sleep! I weighed in much earlier than normal but I always do it first thing so the result appears to be a bit wacky. Moving on!)

Week 2 gain - 2.6

10/16 - 205.4 (9910 steps yesterday and my first day back to work. The last few days is exactly why I weigh daily!)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    Hello friends!

Welcome to @donnapow45 and @staceymcmd for joining… and anyone else I may have unintentionally missed. Think of this as an early start to November.

We’re at the midway mark for October, so even if you’re not on track for your October goal… don’t worry… we’re in this for the long game. Each day can be a fresh start if you need it.

Happy Saturday!

Jill
  • SalluR
    SalluR Posts: 180 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    Welcome to the October Daily Log and Weigh in Challenge!

If you’re new or returning from the September challenge just jump in and get started by posting your goals for October.

We’re here to share our successes and our setbacks by encouraging each other along the way.

Welcome to your challenge!

Jill

Kindly remove me from "October Daily log & weigh in challenge" because i am having severe calves pain due to varicose veins and i am not well and on medication. Best of luck everyone for weightloss journey. Keep eating within calorie deficit. . You will reach your goal soon .
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    SalluR wrote: »
    jm216 wrote: »
    Welcome to the October Daily Log and Weigh in Challenge!

If you’re new or returning from the September challenge just jump in and get started by posting your goals for October.

We’re here to share our successes and our setbacks by encouraging each other along the way.

Welcome to your challenge!

Jill

Kindly remove me from "October Daily log & weigh in challenge" because i am having severe calves pain due to varicose veins and i am not well and on medication. Best of luck everyone for weightloss journey. Keep eating within calorie deficit. . You will reach your goal soon .

Not a problem! We hope you feel better soon. ❤️
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 61 years old and from the Midwest USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Sept 30th): 186.2
    Goal: 181.2 (Five lb Loss)
    End Of Challenge Weight:

******************************th?id=OIP.wymjGPTasxKavbu0sBNaPAHaEy&pid=Api&P=0&w=361&h=269******************************

10/01-…...187.0 Well, there I am, off to a bad start. I had a full-on binge last night so this is not surprising. Today I will try to compensate as best I can but tomorrow may be a travel day. That means restaurant meal and less than normal movement. Ugg, why does it have to be such a rough road?

10/02-.…..185.0 I worked outside yesterday on painting and staining. Over 16,000 steps back & forth into the house. 6 flights of stairs and 2900 calorie burn overall for the day. That helped. I stuck to my guns and avoided over-snacking last night which is my #1 downfall. It all paid off. Today is travel so tomorrow the scale will be up again due to restaurant meal and lots of car sitting/driving but no worries. I will quickly turn it back around.

10/03-.…..187.0…..Well there is the uptick I expected. My goal today is to work it back down and not let it pull me in the wrong direction any further. Rain all day and thunderstorms expected too. Lots of workers will be here today again. No privacy until late tonight after 9:00 but I will try to go up & down my steps in the house, at the very least.

10/04-.…..187.2…..Some unexpected travel yesterday which took me away for about 4 hours late afternoon until evening. However, the shorter trip did not blow my dietary goals. I just lacked movement and as much water as I would normally drink. I hope today goes smoother.

10/05-.…..186.8…..I did sneak in a few extra calories last night after I closed out, but not enough to hurt the scale. I’m so glad to see a drop today. It’s time to see 185 point anything again. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

10/06-.…..184.6…..Body functions worked good yesterday (finally). Nice to see a drop on the scale and find out where I really am.

10/07-.…..184.8….. A normal fluctuation. All is well and yesterday was a good day. I am so happy to hanging around in the 184 range. Aiming for another good day today!

10/08-.…..185.6….. I have no idea in this world of ours why there was a gain. My macros were good, my calories were in the green, I had even more exercise than I logged. Nothing too salty to eat. Perhaps my body is just compensating a little for the large recent drops. In any case, I am still down from this round’s start so I’ll not sweat it and just trust the process.

10/09-.…..184.0…..After the strange weight yesterday, this is the adjustment that is overdue. It was another good day. It rained all day so my exercise level was low. However, my diet was on point and I got to babysit my 3 yr old DGS. That is always a plus! And the bonus was lots of steps up and down the stairs chasing him. I honestly just can’t get enough of his face and his bright eyes!

10/10-.…..185.6…..I didn’t expect that big of an uptick. I did go over calories by the cost of a small yogurt last night but that wasn’t so bad. Daughter and DGS moved back in late last night after trouble at home. She brought Chinese which we split and fit into my calorie allowance (at the time). I’m thinking sodium. I’ll have to really watch it today which will be difficult with others here. I’ll have to readjust things.

10/11-.…..185.6…..(Trend Weight 188.1)….. My daughter brought in over $150.00 worth of Halloween Candy she had at home. OMGosh. I’m in trouble! Doing my best but my willpower is not the greatest. It’s like me being in a restaurant where I actually have to practice restraint, and we all know I haven’t mastered that skill yet. Oh Boy! She bought the candy for a costume Halloween party she was going to have which is now cancelled due to her current circumstances. I will try hard to do good today.

10/12-.…..185.6…..(Trend Weight 187.9)…..I had a talk with my daughter about that candy. She made a wonderful plan to GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE. Good day yesterday all around. I wish the scale had reflected it. Travel today so I expect a bit of an uptick tomorrow. I always do better at home with more movement and less extravagance in my eating. I’m taking it in stride. It’s all part of the process.

10/13-.…..187.0…..(Trend Weight 187.8)…..Started the day horribly with my grandson age 3 who wouldn’t stop screaming, writhing on the floor and kicking. He was not in a good mood at all. I already feel drained. Today is not going to be a good day. That is clear. Poor little fella has been uprooted from his home and so I understand his frustration. But it doesn’t make it any easier, especially physically. It took two of us getting kicked in the face, just to get him standing to get his clothes on. I’m already reminding myself about every 3 minutes that I will not emotionally eat today or that I will not take the easy way out and eat something that doesn’t require a lot of planning due to exhaustion. That usually has more calories and carbs. Uptick on the scale is from travel yesterday. I’ve got to try to offset that today while figuring out how to deal with 4 different people and 4 different eating tastes and habits including my Autistic son and his white food. 7 workers expected throughout the day today, overlapping. Last one will leave about 9:30 pm. I’m not looking forward to this day. DGS sets the whole tone for all of us in the morning.

10/14-.…..186.2…..(Trend Weight 187.6)….. I love love love all the posts since yesterday. So funny, so inspiring, so caring. Love all the pics too. Thanks everyone for the inspiration!

10/15-……185.6…..(Trend Weight 187.4)….. Nice to see a drop. Travel today . Here comes the yo-yo.
    10/16-……185.8…..(Trend Weight 187.3)….. Not bad after travel. I’m hoping it’s finished with it’s final vote. I don’t see the possibility of my making goal this month unfortunately, but I do know I can make more progress. Going for it!

10/17-.…..186.2.....(Trend Weight 187.2)….. I am still upticking from the travel the other day, which I expected. No TMI x2 so that is not helping either. Yesterday was an all-around good day. Hoping to stick to my guns again today even with my daughter home all day eating, cooking, snacking and munching. No sir, no me!

10/18-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/19-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/20-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/21-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/22-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/23-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/24-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/25-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)…..
    10/26-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/27-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/28-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……
    10/29-.…..xxxxx(Trend Weight xxxxx)……