Welcome New Members!

Replies

• tiradoperry2189
    tiradoperry2189 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hello! New member here! My name is Imani I'm 5'0 and 27 yrs old. I am starting my fitness journey at 206 lbs with my goal being around 130. I’ve had a tough year and put on a lot of weight but I know I got this!! I’m excited to start losing some pounds🙌🏽🙌🏽
  • Saphirre_Shrinks
    Saphirre_Shrinks Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone! Back on here again 😎

Let's be friends! Looking to support others on their health journey!
  • paulberardi1962
    paulberardi1962 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello All,
    I’m a new “Premium” member who is trying to turn my 59-year-old dad bod into what it was pre pandemic when I played racquetball almost daily and did HIIT 5 times/week. I don’t notice any visible changes in the three weeks since I refound the inside of a gym and started eating healthily again, but I already feel much better. I’ve only got 10 to lose. Motivation to exercise will not be my downfall. My challenge will be sticking to a healthy “diet” regiment, so I’m counting on your success stories to keep me out of the chip bad.
  • tmann9434
    tmann9434 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! My name is Tiffany and I just started. I am 5'6 around 190. My goal weight is 160. When I was in college I was working at a gym and was at 160 and that's my happiest weight. When I got my office job and got into a serious relationship the weight started to pile on. I lack motivation and consistency. Any tips and tricks would be much appreciated!
  • natasha_haywood
    natasha_haywood Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! New to this forum but not this app. Hoping to keep it up :smile: and maybe make some new friends
  • gigi24_7
    gigi24_7 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I joined the beginning of October 2021. I'm happy to be here. I love the diary where I log my daily foods; however, whenever I can't find exactly what I'm needing to log, I just put in a higher amount of calories. So it's probably way over sometimes. I have lost a few pounds but put it back on during the Canadian Thanksgiving. I"m not stressing about that. But I decided to do things like not eating the crust of the pumpkin pie. The few pounds I put on will come back off. I will achieve my weight loss goals. Anyhow, it would be great to meet new "supportive" friends. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Deew7
    Deew7 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm a newbie and I cannot believe I just discovered MyFitnessPal. It's awesome, looking forward to going on this healthy journey with you all.
  • MellieBellie1982
    MellieBellie1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello once again! I am not new, but a returning member. I've gone off and on again from this site over the last 10 years. I was unable to access my old account, so I started this new one. I have tried so many diets, but find that low carb works for my body and curbs the cravings. I am just starting to get back into it again. I am 39, 5'4", and my highest ever weight was 370-380 lbs. I went low carb and I lost 92 lbs. I gained back some and I am now currently 285 from my 270 I got down to on my own. In 2018 I took an Applied Nutrition Science course and received my diploma. My dream was to be a Nutrition Coach and then my home life spiralled. I am starting over and trying to become the woman I want to be, but I know it is going to take some time to feel good about myself again, inside and out. <3
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Welcome to all the newcomers! Have been on MFP since 2013 and find this a great site for tracking food and fitness. Have lost 80+ lbs AND kept it off...tracking works. As for adding friends, that feature has been restored. Because of all the trolls I will only add friends who send me a note briefly letting me know how they "know" me; e.g., read my posts on message board. Not accepting male requests unless their page looks legit. Good idea to add a picture to your page and a little about yourself; that makes it more likely that folks will accept your friend request - or at least it does for me.
    good luck and stick with it. Remember this is for life!
  • Winston2040
    Winston2040 Posts: 8 Member
    I am back. Again. I really need help this time. Car accidents sure do make you eat so much. I woke up this morning and today was the day I decided to get back on the horse and get the ball rolling again. I'm 45 and don't want to be fat. Any of you feel the same add me. I am desperate, lol!
  • silverchild99
    silverchild99 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys! Im finally ready to stop succumbing to cravings and boredom eating…I finally want to take control of my diet! I love Silverchair with a vengeance and I’m counting on them to help me through this!!!
  • craftylocks77
    craftylocks77 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I am having gastric by pass in three months and was told myfitnesspal is a great place to count calories but also I am looking for motivation and encouragement!
  • Tdavenport0110
    Tdavenport0110 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello everyone! I’m back again and trying to lose some weight! Good luck to everyone!
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Hello, I am a old member starting over. I started in 2015 but life got in the way and I haven't been on site since 2017. Now I'm ready to start over. Here's to renew beginnings.
  • MyFitJourney20
    MyFitJourney20 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello and good luck with your journey 😊. I’ve been a member since 2020 and I too have recently came back.
    Looking for tips, recipes and a positive workout buddy then don’t hesitate to add me 😊.
  • jeevaslover
    jeevaslover Posts: 3 Member
    hii !! :3

• ce_carroll
    ce_carroll Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hi All! I am just starting on MFP after being on and off WW for the last year or so. It's just not working for me so I decided to try something new. I am hoping to lose that pandemic pizza weight and develop healthy habits.
  • Tdavenport0110
    Tdavenport0110 Posts: 8 Member
    ce_carroll wrote: »
    Hi All! I am just starting on MFP after being on and off WW for the last year or so. It's just not working for me so I decided to try something new. I am hoping to lose that pandemic pizza weight and develop healthy habits.

This question may sound stupid but……
    What is WW?
  • ce_carroll
    ce_carroll Posts: 2 Member
    This question may sound stupid but……
    What is WW?

WW is Weight Watchers but they rebranded to WW last year.

• wolfyana
    wolfyana Posts: 1 Member
    Hello
    The names Anastasia, call me Ana
    I used to be on here way back, but I've returned and I'm glad, so newly new again I suppose. Nice to meet you all.