What irks you today?

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    My body being in pain and caffein not doing anything other making me live in the bathroom.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,695 Member
    Nothing. Got to hold and cuddle a sleeping 7 week old baby for a little while today - what a great way to slow down and enjoy the moment.
  • School administrators
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    The parking situation in D.C.

Was told recently that the parking near the school where we're supposed to conduct language lessons is $120 per month (no daily fees) and that no one will validate it. That leaves taking the Metro (which is not an issue for me), but it's already a drive to get to the Metro to park and ride and then the school is a few blocks away from the nearest Metro.. so I've gotta figure out how to get our son to his bus stop in the morning, how to get to the Metro in a timely manner (in the middle of morning D.C. traffic) just so we can get to the class on time.

There's a lot of cool stuff in this city, but man are most things a hassle.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    The sound of my dog licking himself.. give it a rest already.
    qffv88vlufk2.gif

Oh my gosh yes!
    That used to drive me crazy! 🤪
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,281 Member
    My darling, sneaky, cat.
    Won’t leave me alone while I am eating tuna salad and crackers.
    And the little furry little a whole is allergic to fish. So I can’t even give him a taste if I wanted to.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,695 Member
    edited October 2021
    Apparently my song title needs approval first... 😑

fl8rvlnvnou3.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited October 2021
    Also, when people let their kids run all over merchandise and the store and are just sitting there, tootling away on their phone instead of monitoring their five billion children. I mean, if you aren't going to watch them.. or appropriately discipline them for STANDING ON MERCHANDISE and tearing up shop displays, maybe don't have so many kids?

I feel it does a huge disservice to families who do have more than one child, but appropriately discipline and manage them (believe me, I get that it's hard watching even one kid sometimes), but also, it's entirely disrespectful to the shop/storefront you're in and to all the other customers patiently waiting in line or who might want to buy that thing your ill behaved child is standing on.

It can be especially irksome happening in restaurants as well.

I swear some parents give their children a bad name.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    When you get one of those headaches that just sorta.. creep up on you. Insidious and slow-like.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Unorganized and uncoordinated
  • MargaretYakoda
    “Helpful” people.

Scene: Me. A disabled person, shopping for milk. I am holding onto one of the handles on the cooler door.

Suddenly a woman comes up behind me, says “Here let me help you!” and simultaneously yanks the door out of my hand. Causing me to lose my balance, scream, and almost fall down.

Tip: Get verbal consent from the person you are trying to help. Every time.
    Every. Goddamn. Time.

Thanks.
  • 1martinimomma
    1martinimomma Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2021
    A buyer wanting you to move out in two weeks from a 2600 sq ft house that you have lived in for 25 years.

The caveat is he offered $6000 over asking, which the asking price was already $20,000 to high. Ugh, away we pack 14 hours a day, but it's still irking me. But, of course, I will be singing all the way too the bank if I can pull this off.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    A buyer wanting you to move out in two weeks from a 2600 sq ft house that you have lived in for 25 years.

The caveat is he offered $6000 over asking, which the asking price was already $20,000 to high. Ugh, away we pack 14 hours a day, but it's still irking me. But, of course, I will be singing all the way too the bank if I can pull this off.
    don't flush the toilet the last time you use it

but maybe that's just me lol
  • MargaretYakoda
    My deteriorating body is irksome again today.
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    The mf audacity of people.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    Needing to say this.
    Dude! Please stop asking, the response will not change.
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    Needing to say this.
    Dude! Please stop asking, the response will not change.

Ha, glad it ain't me. Wrath of a woman an all.
  • Ilovecereals82
    Ilovecereals82 Posts: 135 Member
    People that are giving away free keto cookbooks 🤷🏻