What irks you today?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,656 Member
    Oh no, how will I ever figure it out? 🙄
    😝
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    My whole lower body and my legs ache in a bad way, not the good way.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,728 Member
    Someone took a perfectly acceptable not out of paper yet roll of toilet paper off the holder to put a new one on and didn't even use the new one.
  • We had a cyber attack last week at work and our systems still aren't up and running all the way.. Ahhh.
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    steelrod1 wrote: »
    dawnfire72 wrote: »
    Being female and the mess that goes with :s (contemplating filling the prescription for the meds to control bleeding).

TMI

Men who can't handle it when women talk about normal bodily functions.

Right there's always one or two. Women who don't think modesty is a thing.
  • steelrod1 wrote: »
    Being female and the mess that goes with :s (contemplating filling the prescription for the meds to control bleeding).

TMI

qhs1askd2mnp.gif
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,966 Member

TMI

+ 1 - unless op is 12 years old

Even the 12 year olds in my circle understand what’s what and don’t skwick out over a basic statement of female bodily facts.
  • steelrod1

TMI

qhs1askd2mnp.gif

I seen it coming, should have watched out for that tree.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,782 Member
    edited October 2021
    My bank. They merged with another bank. All new account numbers and I am unable to transfer money between accounts online today. 😤
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,782 Member
    edited October 2021
    Thinly veiled hostility. Just come out and say it. EDIT: Completely unrelated to this thread in case it was construed that way.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Also, when people let their kids run all over merchandise and the store and are just sitting there, tootling away on their phone instead of monitoring their five billion children. I mean, if you aren't going to watch them.. or appropriately discipline them for STANDING ON MERCHANDISE and tearing up shop displays, maybe don't have so many kids?

I feel it does a huge disservice to families who do have more than one child, but appropriately discipline and manage them (believe me, I get that it's hard watching even one kid sometimes), but also, it's entirely disrespectful to the shop/storefront you're in and to all the other customers patiently waiting in line or who might want to buy that thing your ill behaved child is standing on.
  • steelrod1
    Ok off topic: Understanding a TMI post aggravated some, my comment had nothing to do with women or men for that matter. Just think a personal topic of discussion should be on a private news post and not for all to view. Hidden valgarity and hostility should not become part in a venue established for a common goal to all of us.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Nothing so far today 😃
  • KosmosKitten
    Also, when people let their kids run all over merchandise and the store and are just sitting there, tootling away on their phone instead of monitoring their five billion children. I mean, if you aren't going to watch them.. or appropriately discipline them for STANDING ON MERCHANDISE and tearing up shop displays, maybe don't have so many kids?

I feel it does a huge disservice to families who do have more than one child, but appropriately discipline and manage them (believe me, I get that it's hard watching even one kid sometimes), but also, it's entirely disrespectful to the shop/storefront you're in and to all the other customers patiently waiting in line or who might want to buy that thing your ill behaved child is standing on.

Mine work as a team to do this. I mean they aren't that bad as what you're describing here, but I swear they conspire through the isles and someone gets designated to be the initial distraction so they can draw my attention then the other(s) gets free reign. Sometimes it turns out to be some pretty slick maneuvering and I can't even pretend to be mad at it.

Totally understandable; I am a parent, so I get it. But this guy wasn't paying attention at all.. he was staring at his phone, distracted the entire 20 minutes we were waiting in a checkout line while his one child was running off in a crowded store.. and his other was trying to precariously balance on a large pumpkin that was for sale (going for 50+ dollars, even.. it was a massive pumpkin). His other child (or a child he was watching since I noticed they were part of a sizable group of adults) was just ripping displays up for no discernible reason.. he saw this and said and did nothing. NOTHING. Just went back to his phone. He was just very... not there? He was also pushing a stroller and the only child who was behaving was, of course, the one asleep in the stroller, lol.

My partner is from a family of five so he can definitely corroborate the type of shenanigans you're describing; apparently it was common tactic for them. :joy: This wasn't that, which I honestly would have found either endearing or amusing (while trying to stifle my laughing so I don't irk a (probably) already frustrated parent). It was just.. absentmindedness? Laziness? I dunno.

In any event, it was my cue to skedaddle from the store before I blew up at someone who did nothing to deserve my anger/frustration.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,216 Member

Mine work as a team to do this. I mean they aren't that bad as what you're describing here, but I swear they conspire through the isles and someone gets designated to be the initial distraction so they can draw my attention then the other(s) gets free reign. Sometimes it turns out to be some pretty slick maneuvering and I can't even pretend to be mad at it.

Totally understandable; I am a parent, so I get it. But this guy wasn't paying attention at all.. he was staring at his phone, distracted the entire 20 minutes we were waiting in a checkout line while his one child was running off in a crowded store.. and his other was trying to precariously balance on a large pumpkin that was for sale (going for 50+ dollars, even.. it was a massive pumpkin). His other child (or a child he was watching since I noticed they were part of a sizable group of adults) was just ripping displays up for no discernible reason.. he saw this and said and did nothing. NOTHING. Just went back to his phone. He was just very... not there? He was also pushing a stroller and the only child who was behaving was, of course, the one asleep in the stroller, lol.

My partner is from a family of five so he can definitely corroborate the type of shenanigans you're describing; apparently it was common tactic for them. :joy: This wasn't that, which I honestly would have found either endearing or amusing (while trying to stifle my laughing so I don't irk a (probably) already frustrated parent). It was just.. absentmindedness? Laziness? I dunno.

In any event, it was my cue to skedaddle from the store before I blew up at someone who did nothing to deserve my anger/frustration.

Did you say “$50 pumpkin”? Like a produce item pumpkin?🤢

I do have to say I only really started using a phone in the past few years…I’m glad I didn’t distract myself with that then (like I do more now🙈)
  • KosmosKitten
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Did you say “$50 pumpkin”? Like a produce item pumpkin?🤢

I do have to say I only really started using a phone in the past few years…I’m glad I didn’t distract myself with that then (like I do more now🙈)

Yeah, it was a monster pumpkin on this farm I went to. Monster as in.. you would need a wheelbarrow to get it to your vehicle and probably two people or a wheelbarrow to cart it around because it was MASSIVE.

Like competition in a fair massive.
  • MelG7777
    edited October 2021
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I agree. I definitely kept my 5 (billion) children in line for the most part in public. Thankfully they just didn’t really act up like that. And we weren’t dealing with any “spectrum” difficulties. I feel for parents in those situations when it just appears to be a discipline thing. I was always over the top hyper vigilant about “ruining others time” at a restaurant. If a baby was whiny and couldn’t be consoled I would go to the car. But I have a huge complex about not wanting to inconvenience anyone ever in any situation as much as I can. But I will say….my youngest? Screamed every time I would leave my oldest at basketball practice. Always me, carrying him sideways under my arm because he was massive and screaming. And I wanted to also cry but just didn’t react at all. People would always say “you’re always so calm and patient”. It was really more like “hold your *kitten* together because it’s not gonna help if you’re crying too so just don’t react at all”
    I don’t miss those days. At all. I like my kids getting older.
    And not to brag but the times I was alone with them at a restaurant and people would come up to me and compliment them really made my day. I know they expected a *kitten* show when they saw us coming. We had those times too but usually not in public. Thankfully.

I'd 100% give leeway to a child who is either on the spectrum or has behavioral/mental health issues. That's also understandable. I doubt any of these children were in that category, they were just kinda bored and unruly and distractable like children tend to be.

And maybe that's why it bothers me; I am like you, Mel. If it could possibly ruin someone's time out in public, I'd remove myself (and my screaming child) from the situation. Or be hyper vigilant about them running around and touching stuff (and I was). And yeah, that kind of anxiety is EXHAUSTING. And it ruined a lot of otherwise good times, but I accepted it because that's kinda what happens when you become a parent. I would 100% have empathy for a parent in that situation, but it was very, very obvious that this dude was just kinda "phoning it in" while his partner was trying to run around the crowd in other parts of the store to get stuff while he waited in checkout. He wasn't watching these kids at all.. or disciplining them or even acknowledging that they existed. Almost like he didn't recognize that he was a dad and was supposed to you know, be doing parent stuff.

I, also, do not miss those days one bit and that's why I only ever had one child. I like my son now a lot more than I did when he was little. Terrible, but true.

Totally. I get it. We’ve all seen that happen too. I’m sorry but when you’re responsible for other humans you don’t get the luxury of zoning out on your phone when you need to pay attention to them. It’s probably why I’ve always stayed up so late….I needed zone out time but could only do that when they were asleep for many years.

I don’t think it’s terrible. You loved your kid but enjoy them more now. It’s just being honest. I feel like I’m the only mom who doesn’t feel bad thinking about “those little days”. Too many too spread out to feel that way. I had a baby/toddler for the better part of 15 years. I enjoyed most of it but don’t want to relive it. I like my kids getting older.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,966 Member

TMI

Even the 12 year olds in my circle understand what’s what and don’t skwick out over a basic statement of female bodily facts.

I agree it’s no big deal to talk about these sort of things but it seems to me maybe one’s personal newsfeed would be a more appropriate platform than the community forums. 🤷🏼‍♀️ js

It’s literally the “what irks you today” conversation. 🤷🏼‍♀️ js
  • MelG7777
    It irks me to fully realize how little stamina I have since returning to the gym. Strength is coming back slowly but, omg, today was terrible. “World Burpee Day”? Having to incorporate 120 various burpees into the workout was brutal. I sat on one of the soft jump box things in between stations instead of holding a plank. The trainer took me aside and was like “what are you doing?!” Ugh. It was like I gave up early on today but didn’t totally quit. I don’t even think I know how to get it back.
  • honey_honey_12

TMI

I agree it’s no big deal to talk about these sort of things but it seems to me maybe one’s personal newsfeed would be a more appropriate platform than the community forums. 🤷🏼‍♀️ js

It’s literally the “what irks you today” conversation. 🤷🏼‍♀️ js

And……?
  • honey_honey_12
    08gfq4exj8np.gif

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    These fruit flies this time of year. damn aggressive too, flew up my nostril 😭wtf