October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @shanaber. wishing Hobbs all the best for his surgery!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, liking and hugging as appropriate :)

@AlphaHowls praying for your mom (and you)!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    Nice running everyone.

Thanks @kgirlhart for the information on the watch. You are going to do great in your race.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Help!!

I've had a couple of runs recently where during a slight down hill I've felt a pop behind my right knee. It doesn't hurt, but last time it happened - about 2 weeks ago - I had discomfort for the next 2 days. Not pain, just, altered sensation. Then was all good. This morning I felt the same pop.

Anyone had this? Part of me thought it was old shoes, but I was wearing a different pair today.

Never had exactly that but I have wonky knees with all sorts of things wrong - there’s a massive nerve behind the knee that goes to the entire lower leg, and it’s easy to tweak it. Does the sensation go in any particular direction? Big toe feel weird?

Do you have any bulging behind your knee? Before it ruptured, my Baker’s cyst would move around and pop. Check when both knees are fully extended, move your feet around and see if the backs feel identical.

Could be a bit of cartilage being weird in your knee.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Orphia I don't recall where you live, but it sounds like here. If you run outside, not on a track, there is really no place to run that is flat. It's just the nature of the beast. You are doing great with the C25K.

@rheddmobile Nice running. You are doing great to shave that much time off of your previous loop. Those downhill portions don't seem to be conducive to running at all. Those wetlands pictures remind me of Louisiana swamps. I'm surprised they are near Memphis. I have seen ring neck snakes here. My mom is deathly afraid of snakes, but she actually said one she saw was "cute." I had just hatched, as it was only about 2 inches long. They are cute. I figure they couldn't bite humans because they are so small. I don't think they could open their mouths far enough. LOL

Beautiful pictures @polskagirl01 . I'm glad you found your water flask. It is weird about it being empty though. I'm with you, I'd make sure to sanitize it very well before using it again. I looked up the symbol. It means it's "food safe." Well, of course it would be since you are drinking from it. I'd continue to hand wash it.

@Tramboman Enjoy your day. I love old covered bridges.

Glad you had a good run this morning @Scott6255 .