Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,160 Member
    Options
    @MayGrammato6 UGW is ultimate goal weight
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Surgery was almost cancelled as my glucose was at 366 Fasting that morning. They pulled in a total of 5 anesthesiologists to confer. To give me an insulin shot (which I don’t normally take, just pills) would constitute the start of a “treatment plan”.

@deepwoodslady
    I'm happy to hear that surgery was able to proceed, but your description sounds horrible. I'm very concerned about your sugar level. I understand you don't want to begin insulin shots, but I hope you have an appointment to discuss diabetes options and a plan going forward. You need to take care of your entire self; one issue directly affects another. Hugs, and prayers for quick and complete healing and an excellent pathology report!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,016 Member
    Options
    nikkit321 wrote: »

@deepwoodslady
    I'm happy to hear that surgery was able to proceed, but your description sounds horrible. I'm very concerned about your sugar level. I understand you don't want to begin insulin shots, but I hope you have an appointment to discuss diabetes options and a plan going forward. You need to take care of your entire self; one issue directly affects another. Hugs, and prayers for quick and complete healing and an excellent pathology report!

@nikkit321 The University Hospital really gave me a "talking to" in regards to seeing an endrocronoligist. I googled for one anywhere near me and there is one about an hour away so I am happy to see that. The main hospital he works from is about 2.5 hours from my home, but unless there is an emergency most appointments should be in his office. I go to my PCP in early November and will discuss getting the Insurance pre-auth for a visit with him. It's time to get down & dirty with this T2D. There are probably so many options that weren't there when I first became diabetic. It will be interesting to see what may help. I know I need to take this as serious as my doctors do.