How much weight can you gain eating 10k calories 1 time

Options
Reonnn
Reonnn Posts: 21 Member
ive been bodybuilding/dieting for 1.5 years i went from 360 pounds to 185 me and a friend wanted to do a 10k calorie challenge for my bday coming up i agreed to it and bourt the food for it im a bit scared of the weight gain if its 2 to 3 lbs that's fine but ive seen people gain like 15+ pounds in 1 day doing it i cant bail out now iver ='( lmao so on average a man in his 20's who burns 2500 to 3000 a day threw bmr and exercise how much would a 1 time off 10k cal binge make me gain?

Replies

• Reonnn
    Options
    Are you sure you can eat that much? I'd have to tap out at about 4000 calories - but then I'm an older lady.

Good luck! Whatever weight shows up will be gone again in less than a week. Let us know how you do.

will do i think ill probs fail arround 7 k will post results tho as in calories eatin etc
  • Reonnn
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »
    Why would you want to do that?? Are you raising money for something?

Just a friendly challenge between 2 dudes we both been cutting weight for awhile and thought would be fun to see who could eat more were roommates we basically got the whole day to eat whatever we want only catch is we have to log it to see who ate more calories seems dumb but you know the things you do when ya young and bored LOL. my strategy is to match out sweet and savory threw out the day so i don't feel to sick to fast with sugar or too bloated from salt by going all out on savory or sweet. he decided to go full savory witch im pretty sure is gonna be his down fall that much salt his gonna need to drink witch in turn will make him fuller faster
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Seems wasteful imo, and counterproductive to health goals, and you're rightly concerned about that. Maybe you could pick a smaller calorie goal and shorter time window?

Anyway, sharing this funny video from Eddie Hall. He and his wife swapped their calories for the day. He had to make do with 1,200 and she had to struggle through 7,800.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdP1ejKBQ-A
  • Reonnn
    Options
    Seems wasteful imo, and counterproductive to health goals, and you're rightly concerned about that. Maybe you could pick a smaller calorie goal and shorter time window?

Anyway, sharing this funny video from Eddie Hall. He and his wife swapped their calories for the day. He had to make do with 1,200 and she had to struggle through 7,800.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdP1ejKBQ-A

Lmao seen this i love this dude this and the vid where he was locked in a cell for 24 hours lmao. it is wasteful and if i hadn't of hit my goal of 185 6foot i would of never even agreed to it its too late now tho got the food and its set for tomorrow
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    There's a stephanie buttermore video on this and the real answer is 'basically no fat, but except some scale weight jump'. If you search youtube you may find the video. There's a math breakdown.

Honestly, I'd kind of get a kick out of that kind of thing _once_ just for silliness, but I like ultimately harmless silly challenges just for the sake of them and for me this falls under that umbrella.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    There's a stephanie buttermore video on this and the real answer is 'basically no fat, but except some scale weight jump'. If you search youtube you may find the video. There's a math breakdown.

Honestly, I'd kind of get a kick out of that kind of thing _once_ just for silliness, but I like ultimately harmless silly challenges just for the sake of them and for me this falls under that umbrella.

I'd recommend her videos, too. I hate in-line videos here (yeah, I'm weird) so I won't link them, but they're easy to find. There are a couple that are relevant: One is a two parter where one video is the extreme eating day, and the other is a followup day with lots of lab tests to see what the physical effects were. Another is a big eating day, with a math-y breakdown of what to expect in that same video.

Excellent, informative stuff, easy to find on YouTube. Just make sure you get *her* videos, not other people OMG-ing about her videos.

I'm an uneven eater, though I've never done 10K. I've eaten as high as an estimated 5-6k calories, as a much smaller older person (female, 5'5", age 65 now, weight in the 120s pounds). I've never seen the full fat gain be as much the theoretical "3500 calories make a pound" level, but it does take a week or so for the water weight weirdness to settle out. Here's a personal report, and I think I linked to someone else's similar MFP thread someplace in this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603949/big-overfeed-ruins-everything-nope/p1

Don't do it just because you feel pressured. If you *want* to do it, I'd say go ahead, see what happens, give it a couple of weeks before freaking out about scale impact. Oh, and: Report back. Let us know what happened, if you do it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Reonnn wrote: »
    Are you sure you can eat that much? I'd have to tap out at about 4000 calories - but then I'm an older lady.

Good luck! Whatever weight shows up will be gone again in less than a week. Let us know how you do.

Ok the results i managed to get down 8k calories my god it was not as fun as i thought it would be going to gym with 3k calories worth in your stomach wasnt fun iver completely destroyed my friend who only got down 5k now the Weight at start of the day was 187 at the end of the day 205 LMAO! obviously food and water but my god LMAO

Sorry to hear it wasn't fun, but Happy Birthday regardless. That's a pretty impressive scale jump, but it'll be temporary of course. Will be interesting to see how fast or slowly it drops, maybe. Best wishes!
  • Reonnn
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Ok the results i managed to get down 8k calories my god it was not as fun as i thought it would be going to gym with 3k calories worth in your stomach wasnt fun iver completely destroyed my friend who only got down 5k now the Weight at start of the day was 187 at the end of the day 205 LMAO! obviously food and water but my god LMAO

Sorry to hear it wasn't fun, but Happy Birthday regardless. That's a pretty impressive scale jump, but it'll be temporary of course. Will be interesting to see how fast or slowly it drops, maybe. Best wishes!

thx ^^
  • Reonnn
    Options

Well, now you can say you did that. So...are you going to eat today? :lol: or do you never want to see food again?

Let us know when you get back to 187, it's an interesting experiment!

will do ill do daily weigh ins and post here and i never want to eat again LMAO but im sure i will eventually it is a interesting experiment

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »
    Why would you want to do that?? Are you raising money for something?

Just a friendly challenge between 2 dudes we both been cutting weight for awhile and thought would be fun to see who could eat more were roommates we basically got the whole day to eat whatever we want only catch is we have to log it to see who ate more calories seems dumb but you know the things you do when ya young and bored LOL. my strategy is to match out sweet and savory threw out the day so i don't feel to sick to fast with sugar or too bloated from salt by going all out on savory or sweet. he decided to go full savory witch im pretty sure is gonna be his down fall that much salt his gonna need to drink witch in turn will make him fuller faster

Ah, okay, then have fun.
  • Reonnn
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Before 10k 187
    After 205
    Day 1 191

Insaine lmao im thinkin im about 188 189 behind the water and food since im pritty bloated for 191 atm lmao
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,326 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

Here’s the thing, though. Now you have one heckuva story. And that’s not nuthin’
  • Reonnn
    edited October 2021
    Options

Here’s the thing, though. Now you have one heckuva story. And that’s not nuthin’

True <3

who knows maybe next year ill try beat that record lmao