Gym Eye Contact

Options

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    i get a few stares and smiles but I always ignore them. Waiting for the day when they stare while on the adductor machine😍
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If anyone looks at me, I am probably going to look back. If they hit on me, or flirt with me, chances are I am going to flirt back. I like interaction with people, and I like to flirt and be flirted with. If they ask me out or try anything funny, I put a stop to it really quick, because social flirting and conversation is all it is.

Thats just me, and I understand that some people don't/can't feel that way. But IMHO, people should relax and quit looking for reasons to be offended or subjects to argue and complain about. If someone looks at you, throw them a quick smile of acknowledgement and get back to work. If they keep staring, walk up to them and say "Hi, I'm so and so.....and I noticed you staring. Do I have a bat in the cave, or what?" They will either laugh and you will have a new friend, or they will get the message and stop. At least, that's my experience.

• rm6335920
    rm6335920 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    when i get stare at or look at I look around and see i am doing some wrong with the machines lol--but then i will start a conversation how i get to meet new people
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    steelrod1 wrote: »

Thank you for sharing, that made my day in a way I don’t know how to explain
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Women can stare too, but men don't care, on the contrary.
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Eye contact is no big deal. It happens either inadvertently or you glance at someone attractive. Its human nature. Just dont invade someone's space and its a non factor. If you go to the gym enough you will come to know who are the chatty social types and who are the ones that dont want to be bothered. Friendships as well as romances are formed in gyms all the time....its usually happens over time seeing the same people over and over and forming a common bond enough so that a conversation is no longer a cringe thing.

Be careful now, let's not offend those who are seeking so hard to be offended.

Its never ok to look at anyone at the gym, don't-ya-know?
  • Sofiapilla
    Options
    Eye contact is no big deal. It happens either inadvertently or you glance at someone attractive. Its human nature. Just dont invade someone's space and its a non factor. If you go to the gym enough you will come to know who are the chatty social types and who are the ones that dont want to be bothered. Friendships as well as romances are formed in gyms all the time....its usually happens over time seeing the same people over and over and forming a common bond enough so that a conversation is no longer a cringe thing.

Wait, am I the offended one?
  • internationalplayboy
    Options

😂

Wait. What the heck am *I* laughing at?
  • Sofiapilla
    Options

😂

Wait. What the heck am *I* laughing at?

😅
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    steelrod1 wrote: »

I've been in the gym for more than a decade, i've never seen 3, 4 or 5, not even once. Maybe it's the demographics of my area, it's different than the US.
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Tell ya...I'm here to support and be supported. But I'm struggling to feel for someone offended by being looked at or making eye contact who's out in public unless it prolonged or repetitive. Sheesh... If it's a problem I'm not sure it's theirs.
  • internationalplayboy
    Options
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    Tell ya...I'm here to support and be supported. But I'm struggling to feel for someone offended by being looked at or making eye contact who's out in public unless it prolonged or repetitive. Sheesh...

Eye contact isn’t offensive. Taking it as a sign to initiate further contact might be.
  • internationalplayboy
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Here we go again...

I see what you mean now
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    Tell ya...I'm here to support and be supported. But I'm struggling to feel for someone offended by being looked at or making eye contact who's out in public unless it prolonged or repetitive. Sheesh...

Eye contact isn’t offensive. Taking it as a sign to initiate further contact might be.

You're not allowed to tell people what is and isn't offensive. Only the media can do that.
  • internationalplayboy
    Options
    I find eyes offensive

This feels biblical
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Here we go again...

I see what you mean now

Ohhhhhh it's been worse.