November 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @martaindale I love that last photo!!!! Congratulations!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Congrats @sweetdaisy13 on your 50K PB! That is a tremendous effort!

Way to go on your Disney HM @martaindale! Great pictures! I'll bet it was fun.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    November 1 – 7.32
    November 3 – 5.30
    November 5 – 5.60
    November 6 – 3.06
    November 7 – 7.5
    Total – 28.78

It was 55F here at the beach this morning but very windy. Did some yoga after the run, had a facial, walked on the beach (5 miles) and then swam in the pool. Active day!

Well done @kgirlhart! Congratulations!!
    Great work @sweetdaisy13! Running for almost six hours and all that elevation gain is amazing!
    Congrats on your half marathon @martaindale! I’ve never run a Disney race but I’ve heard you have to get up so early and hang out in the corrals forever. Smart to wear the throw-aways!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great half, @martaindale !!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Awesome HM, @kgirlhart ! Congratulations on your AG win!

Wow, @sweetdaisy13 50 km from only running a couple of times a week? I wish I was as fit as you. Respect.

@martaindale Well done on your HM! So glad you enjoyed it! Big medal!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Great job @sweetdaisy13 and @martaindale !!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    A lot of big victories this weekend! @kgirlhart Congrats on your pr and Ag win! @sweetdaisy13 Congrats on your 50k PR! @martaindale Good racing! @katharmonic Congrats on your final peak!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,962 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sounds like a wonderful day was had at the beach yesterday! I'm still impressed that you are so active on vacation.

@rheddmobile Great run and walk. That is interesting about Strava. Who knows why it went cray cray. I hope it gets fixed. Also very interesting about the altered watches and times. I can see how thinking you were improving would make you want to work a bit harder than those who were working hard and getting slower instead. That would make me want to quit too. LOL
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile great topic!

I wonder myself since I often run the exact same route why my first or more can be off by .2 etc/ I think the GPS that the devices bounce off might be different and as the earth changes tilt sometimes maybe the GPS your device uses moves to another sat? There is also a dead spot in my neighborhood where XMradio doesn't work so I am sure that is part of it. But I totally agree that when I am running faster I am much more encouraged to keep going than when I think I am working hard and the split looks slow.
  • run_sara_run
    run_sara_run Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!
    Fell short of my weekly goal by 2.5 running miles, so hoping to make that up this week!

11/1 - 3.2 miles
    11/3 - 3.2 miles treadmill
    11/5 - 5 miles
    11/6 - 11 miles trail running
    11/7 - 5 miles treadmill

walked 3.5 miles

27.5/130 November running miles