30 Day Shred Challenge?

Options

Replies

• ecbutter
    Options
    Did day one last night. It wasn't so bad but I did work up sweat. Woke up this morning and my legs were a little shaky. Boy, I am out of shape! So glad we are all doing this together
  • merceah
    Options
    This is my first time, I am buying the dvd tonight, wanted to start tomorrow as well. I do not now how these little groups work where everyone commits to the same activity, but I am game! I cant wait to see what happens.
  • merceah
    Options
    what all do i need for this work out DVD? Weights, mats, bands, jump rope ect.. ???
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    what all do i need for this work out DVD? Weights, mats, bands, jump rope ect.. ???

If you plan on working out on a hard surface, a mat would be best. If you have carpet, than you may not use a mat. And then you need some hand weights. I'm using 2 lb dumbbells right now. I hope to move up from that eventually. We shall see. :)

You pretend to jump rope, so a real one is not needed. :)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 and I have to say its getting easier.

The push ups are the worst thing for me. The first day I could only do one.
    I still cheat on them. I get about two full ones and then only go halfway down for the rest but I'm forcing myself to do them and NOT skip them.

Six more days of level one! I cant wait till 30 days are up and I can see the differences. Everyone says such good things about this.
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just finished my Shred for the day.

I hate the lunges, always have and I think I always will. I can do the push ups the entire time now, but I still have to do the modified version. I think those bicycle crunches will be the death of me, I still can't do them the entire way through, but instead of completely stopping I just do basic crunches I figure that would be better than doing nothing!
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    O.M.G. I just did Level One Day One .. I dont think I could do anything all the way through and I am not sure I even did one crunch excerise right I have never been able to do crunched or situps in my whole life even when I was skinny ... how much of you comes off the floor and should my neck feel a little sore ??
  • duramater27
    duramater27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2. And if you're like me and don't have hand weights, I'm using cans of kidney beans! 2lbs each. Can use filled water bottles for heavier weights over time...
  • SherriSz
    SherriSz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done - going well. I like the tunes idea, may try that tomorrow too.:tongue:
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Skipped it this morning - but I WILL do it tonight. It was SO cold this morning that I didn't want to get out of bed any sooner than I had to.

Since I'm starting Day 3 and I've done it before and know the moves, I think I'm going to 'mute' Jillian and blast some tunes instead - some of her comments drive me nuts such as "if you're looking for a modified version of a jumping-jack, you won't find it here. I've got 400 pound people doing this move, so can you". Bleh.

See, this is exactly why I never do exercise tapes for more than a few days. After hearing the same corny jokes and music for the 3rd or 4th time, I'm so over it! L1D2 completed this morning and I am going to push myself to keep going!

Funny enough it's my knees that hurt and my tailbone from the ab workout (and that is with carpet and a mat). I used to do tons of sit ups with no problem in ballet class on the cold hard floor when I was young! Aaah, it's fun getting older :wink:
  • ou8aslug
    Options
    What is that? I need 30 gone NOW!!!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    UGH! I couldn't pull myself out of bed this morning so my day 2 won't be until tomorrow. But I WILL NOT sleep in then. I think this drastic change in weather made it SO easy for me to sleep SO hard. I don't feel too terrible about it. I have done some sort of exercise everyday since Sunday. I will do better, I promise!
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy shredders!! Day 3 lvl 1, all done! I laughed when I saw your comments about jillian's "motivation techniques". I NEVER listen to her anymore! Usually i just put on a show and watch that while I'm listening to the 30DS on a lower volume level so I can still follow along. Muuuuuch better than listening to her talk, not to mention that lame music in the background :laugh:
  • inesblack
    Options
    What is your plan 30 dsd?:smile:
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Day 7 = DONE! I'm going to extend past 10 days of each level, especially since I've got some scheduling problems that have prevented me from doing on more than 3 consecutive days.

Yesterday when I did it I muted the tv and turned on my MP3 player. It doesn't bother me either way, I just try to stay focused on the thoughts that I CAN do this.
  • mysweetpeasx3
    mysweetpeasx3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day #8 L1 done :) Think I will try muting Jillian tomorrow and putting on my own music as well... I do Hip Hop Abs before my Jillian workout and it really gets me moving and motivated! :happy:
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    L1 D3 done! I'm definitely feeling the burn but I'm going to power thru! Has anyone compared HRM calories burned to what MFP says for circuit training? Just wondering how accurate it is since I don't have an HRM.
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    L1D3 Done! It's definitely getting easier. I was so sore and once I did the warm up, and began the work out, the muscles weren't an issue. The biggest part of it is keeping focus on the goal-and that is to shred my fat! :)

I hope you all have a great day!
    Keep going! Let's shred!!
  • duramater27
    duramater27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done! yay!
  • amandaplath88
    Options
    Excited to get home and do day 4 Level 1, I am getting bored already with it but know I need to just keep doing it..thinking about switching up to level 2 for a change of pace but not sure if i'll be able to handle it level 1 still kicks my butt!