What's on your mind?

Replies

• Lady_ov_leisure
    Lady_ov_leisure Posts: 99 Member
    It’s so cold 🥶
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    What a *kitten* day. My mom is very unexpectedly undergoing triple bypass surgery all day today. She’s the best, most compassionate and positive person, and we could only be so lucky to strive to be even an iota more like her.

Sorry to hear this. I hope the surgery is over and done quickly, its successful and she's back on her feet in no time 🙂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Is it just my imagination or did participation in yon' forums crash dramatically after the new forum was updated? Like people took that as the "nail in the coffin" as it were and just vanished? This place seems more like a ghost town than it did the last time I went away for awhile and came back.
    Is it just my imagination or did participation in yon' forums crash dramatically after the new forum was updated? Like people took that as the "nail in the coffin" as it were and just vanished? This place seems more like a ghost town than it did the last time I went away for awhile and came back.

I know, seems empty.
    The change was such a bummer,
    hope they come back.
    I still don’t like the changes overall but I am slowly getting used to navigating around.

Yep..
    k1cud3ajropn.gif

My dust bunnies! They're getting away!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    What a *kitten* day. My mom is very unexpectedly undergoing triple bypass surgery all day today. She’s the best, most compassionate and positive person, and we could only be so lucky to strive to be even an iota more like her.

Oh no :( Will be thinking of you and your mom, please keep us updated?? It's so hard not to worry and stress but keep in mind how successful they are with these surgeries.

Sending good and peaceful thoughts and lots of ((HUGS))
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I know, seems empty.
    hope they come back.
    I still don’t like the changes overall but I am slowly getting used to navigating around.

Yep..
    k1cud3ajropn.gif

I think they're under my couch... I'll keep em safe for you. 😂
  • KickassAmazon76

Hoping it goes well and smoothly and that her recovery is speedy! ❤️
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member

Sorry to hear this. I hope the surgery is over and done quickly, its successful and she's back on her feet in no time 🙂

Oh no :( Will be thinking of you and your mom, please keep us updated?? It's so hard not to worry and stress but keep in mind how successful they are with these surgeries.

Sending good and peaceful thoughts and lots of ((HUGS))

Hoping it goes well and smoothly and that her recovery is speedy! ❤️

Thank you guys so much - I know, as far as open heart surgeries go, it's a pretty routine one to undergo. It was just so unexpected and discovered by dumb luck. My poor dad is a wreck - luckily my 2 other sisters are local to my parents and they're both right by his side being rock stars. My mom's an incredibly strong person. Everyone at the hospital has been saying over and over how she's a perfect candidate because all of her other health markers are fantastic 💝

She'll be fine, I know - it's just so nerve-wracking.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    There's growing unrest in my department, and my boss' boss is asking for individual meetings with each of us to discuss said unrest. For context, my boss is the head of the department, and his boss is #2 in the division.

What it comes down to is us talking poorly about the boss and about the division, but I'm not sure she realizes that. So, what to do... Talk honestly and potentially burn bridges, or keep my mouth shut but enable the bitterness and resentment.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I know, seems empty.
    hope they come back.

Yep..
    k1cud3ajropn.gif

I think they're under my couch... I'll keep em safe for you. 😂

Until your kitten decides to "play" with them, that is. :smirk:
  • KickassAmazon76
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    There's growing unrest in my department, and my boss' boss is asking for individual meetings with each of us to discuss said unrest. For context, my boss is the head of the department, and his boss is #2 in the division.

What it comes down to is us talking poorly about the boss and about the division, but I'm not sure she realizes that. So, what to do... Talk honestly and potentially burn bridges, or keep my mouth shut but enable the bitterness and resentment.

This is so tough. I think, if it were me, I might test out the waters with something relatively small / safe to gauge the reaction.

Why are people talking poorly about the boss / division? Is it a personality conflict? Ineptitude?
  • Lady_ov_leisure
    Lady_ov_leisure Posts: 99 Member
    How the hell do you work anything on here now? Can’t even add friends 😭
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member

Some might call that a feature...
  • slimgirljo15

Go up the top to Find members Tab.. click on that , add persons profile name.
    Im pretty sure they'll make it easier but for now thats what you have to do.
  • slimgirljo15
    Putting this here instead of in the serious thread because it's more an internal quandary and less something that would lead to serious issues (for me, anyway):

Why is it that I don't hate myself (either in what I can do or how I appear) until I see other people and realize how drastically short of the non-existent goal post(s) I've fallen?

I don't not like my appearance or how I feel about myself.. until I see people my age and how much better they all look than I do.. and how frumpy/fat/slouchy/insert whatever you want here I am in comparison.

Same with everything else. What I *should* be doing with my life vs. how my life actually is going. I don't *mind* my life or how it's going.. until I see other people and all the cool things they've accomplished by my age.. and again, how drastically short I am in comparison.

I know comparison is the thief of joy and all that, but why do I not feel like this *all* the time? It's only when I'm around other people. When I'm alone, working on a project, exercising, watching films or playing a game I don't feel this way at all. I'm (mostly) content. So why does it change *just* by pure introduction of a person?

All it's telling me is that I should be a hermit in the woods.

Maybe its that when you are doing things that occupy your mind like a project, watching a movie etc your mind doesn't focus on what you perceive as shortcomings...its busy concentrating at the task in hand. 🤷‍♀️
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

Tell the truth. Whatever that might be.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    edited November 2021
    The gas station where I get my nightly soda is sometimes locked up so the person working can take a little break. Last night it was locked when I got there but the lock was flimsy or loose and the doors moved easily and the had they sign on the door apologizing and saying they'd be back.

I usually do laps around the gas station until the cashier comes back from break and I see the sign gone or someone going in or out of the convenience store. After a few laps, I saw a couple people going in and followed.

The cashier wasn't there.

The sign was still on the door.

(No, this isn't a murder mystery.)

There were 3 of us in the store, two getting gas and me getting my soda.

I'm there every day so I feel like it's ok for me to go where people aren't supposed to go so checked in the back room after one of the guys knocked on the bathroom door to see if she (or he...sometimes there's a guy cashier) was in there.

Nope!

We still waited around for a bit but, honestly, the main girl is always telling me to just take the soda because I'm doing the drink a day for $5.99 per month deal so I really was good to go if I wanted. One of the guys kept saying that I'm only getting the soda and I was ok (meaning I could leave) and I eventually did.

But now I'm a tiny bit worried that I'll find the place burned down or completely ransacked or at least find out money was taken or something when I stop off tonight.

I had a taser. I could have taken those boys down! :)

(I probably could have gotten away with taking a Twix too but I'm too honest for that. :))