What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

Sent my MIL flowers for mothers day.
    This what she got versus what I ordered. Going to be a Karen in about 10 mins.

This is NOT ok! I support you, Karen!

I know a lady named Karen.

She looks like a Karen and has the blonde, short, I have 3 kids, Karen haircut.

Thing is, she isn't a Karen, she's awesome. She's the polar opposite of a Karen.

I think maybe I won't call her Karen anymore.... although, she might not appreciate it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    My former girlfriend's 50th birthday.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

Oh my gosh... I've just seen this. Did Karen speak to the manager? I know I would have!! Haha

I did speak to customer service in all my Karen-esque glory but I was only offered 10% off my next purchase. So I will call again tomorrow. However, I will no longer do business with FTD.com.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    On another note... my hair is growing super fast. It's kind of starting to look like a mullet in the back because some spots are growing faster than others. HOT

Is it coming in curly?
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

Oh my gosh... I've just seen this. Did Karen speak to the manager? I know I would have!! Haha

I did speak to customer service in all my Karen-esque glory but I was only offered 10% off my next purchase. So I will call again tomorrow. However, I will no longer do business with FTD.com.

10%?? That's it? *kitten* that! Time to find another place!
    On another note... my hair is growing super fast. It's kind of starting to look like a mullet in the back because some spots are growing faster than others. HOT

Is it coming in curly?

It is haha it's going to get out of control soon, hopefully hairdressers open soon so I can get a little trim. Thank God I have wigs in the meantime lol
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

Thing is, she isn't a Karen, she's awesome. She's the polar opposite of a Karen.

I think maybe I won't call her Karen anymore.... although, she might not appreciate it.

She sounds nice 😊
  • RidgelineFitness
    RidgelineFitness Posts: 11 Member
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

Um..... yeah, better hash that out over the phone with customer support
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    I'm slowly starting to feel like myself (whoever that is now) for the 1st time in over 1 year. It feels good that I'm starting to be able to enjoy life without fear. I'll always have fear that my cancer returns but I think I've learned to live with this and not think too far ahead. I'm lucky i'm typing this today and I am so grateful 🙏

You're amazing. Such great perspective. 😊
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

Call her K-sizzle
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member
    I'm slowly starting to feel like myself (whoever that is now) for the 1st time in over 1 year. It feels good that I'm starting to be able to enjoy life without fear. I'll always have fear that my cancer returns but I think I've learned to live with this and not think too far ahead. I'm lucky i'm typing this today and I am so grateful 🙏

This is fuggin awesome!
  • Motorsheen
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

She sounds nice 😊

She's delightful & her husband is just as solid as they come; they're good, good folk.
  • Motorsheen
    Mother's Day without Mom's are sucky. 😢

Dang... yeah, I understand this.

I feel the same way about Father's Day.

Thing is, she is still with you. <3

I hope you understand what I mean.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Looks like ima still be on lockdown for about another 3-4 weeks. I’m thinking about starting a body weight program tomorrow. Ugh. I hate motivating myself
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member

Dang... yeah, I understand this.

I feel the same way about Father's Day.

Thing is, she is still with you. <3

I hope you understand what I mean.

I do understand.

It just hurts.

💙
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

I understand how you feel, but let's think of our mothers and fathers every day of the year. I don't even remember when those two days occur on the calendar.
  • Motorsheen
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    dt3l71pk8rj0.jpg

Call her K-sizzle

Done.

..... and from now on, her husband will be J-Dawg.

thank you for your wisdom and insight.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I understand how you feel, but let's think of our mothers and fathers every day of the year. I don't even remember when those two days occur on the calendar.

You're absolutely right, and I do.

It's just very commercialized...can't escape it.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I think they were created to separate us from the commies or something 🤷🏽‍♂️