Sweet tooth help

Kaelllla
Kaelllla Posts: 6 Member
I am a self-described sugar addict. Can y'all PLEASE post your favorite quick/easy healthy sweet snacks and/or recipes? Thank you! 🍬🧁🍩🍰

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    Not exactly quick but healthy and festive. Cambodian coconut custard cooked in a whole pumpkin or squash. You can replace sugar for splenda if you want to reduce calories. Most recipes call for baking or steaming but I do mine at 300 watts in the microwave.
    I normally use a cooks knife to make vertical gashes to remove the stem leaving a square or pentagon shaped hole that is big enough for you to scrape out seeds and pulp with a metal spoon. Measure the amount of water that fits into the cavity to calculate how much custard to make. For each 100ml coconut milk I use one egg (40ml) and a tablespoon of sugar.
    https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/pumpkin-custard-recipe
  • acpgee
    I've been making tropical fruit sorbets out of tinned fruit. Strain two tins of lychee, saving the syrup in a saucepan. Boil down with flavourings such as bruised lemongrass or kaffir lime leaves until syrup is half the volume. Meanwhile blitz the fruit in the food processor, then blitz again with the strained syrup. Add a few tablespoons of lychee liqueur or vodka which helps prevent the mixture from freezing too solid. A tablespoon of rosewater will heighten the floral scent of lychee. Freeze several hours. Cut frozen granita mixture into cubes and blitz in the food processor with an egg white to soften the texture and re-freeze. You should get a scoopable sorbet. Make a float with some diet 7-up.

You can do this with any tinned fruit. For example for tinned pears, infused the syrup with cinnamon and replace lychee liqueur with poire williams eau de vie.
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    I know a "few" but these get me in trouble.
  • queenfree28
    queenfree28 Posts: 4 Member
    Stevia will be your friend. Also monk fruit is a good choice. Try recipes substituting with any of those or even coconut sugar is healthier. I do vanilla stevia drops every morning in my coffee along with a squirt of chocolate and caramel flavored stevia. It’s soo good. Sometimes I sprinkle a bit of stevia powder on fruit—like strawberries or blueberries with a squirt of the chocolate too and a bit of cinnamon. There’s a sodelicious brand of ice cream that’s sugar free. I am also crazy about Lily’s brand chocolate (which uses stevia vs sugar). I do the chocolate chips in pancakes, or the Peanut butter cups as a snack. It’s not the same taste as a Reese’s but it’s very good and scratches that itch for me and helps me to enjoy a treat and not feel restricted. One other thing I do— I really don’t like apple cider vinegar but if I do a TBS in hot water with some stevia, it tastes more like hot cider. It’s a nice nighttime drink if I want something.
  • AZAlyssa
    AZAlyssa Posts: 22 Member
    1 or 2 dates, half a Rip Van Wafel stroopwafel, or chai tea made with unsweetened almond milk. Dark chocolate (85% or higher) with almond butter and sea salt is a treat, too. Chia pudding made with almond milk and fruit. Crustless pumpkin pie and baked fruit crumbles (top with rolled oats, spices, and nuts) can also work.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Built Bars/Puffs really help me since they have chocolate but a lot of protein as well.

Otherwise I enjoy some sugar free pudding with some whipped cream. Can also add some frozen fruits or nuts to spruce it up a bit. :)
  • acpgee
    If you have a blow torch, brulee no fat yoghurt tastes like a decadent treat. Put some yoghurt in a small bowl. Sprinkle on a tablespoon of sugar. Take the blowtorch to it and caramelize the sugar.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    edited January 2022
    Double-post.
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    Built Bars/Puffs really help me since they have chocolate but a lot of protein as well.

Otherwise I enjoy some sugar free pudding with some whipped cream. Can also add some frozen fruits or nuts to spruce it up a bit. :)

Microwaved for about 20sec :)
  • acpgee
    My recipe for yoghurt brulee should be a teaspoon of sugar, not a tablespoon on 100g-150g yoghurt.
    ndosr9u65hod.jpeg

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I love berries of all kinds. 🫐 ESP really ripe luscious blackberries or.. if my spouse will peel it.. lol a pomegranate. 😇
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    One of my favorite desserts is cut up strawberries with a tiny bit of sugar and whipped cream. When I was pregnant I had to avoid sugar so I used monk fruit instead.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Semi-sweet chocolate chips, a quarter cup measured out, then eaten one at a time. This slows you down, you get to savor it, and the semi- nature of the sweetness means by the time I get to the last chip I'm less inclined to serve more, since the last bite doesn't taste as sweet as the first.

Alternatively, I get the miniature Hershey's bars, each equivalent to about a quarter normal bar, and freeze them. Then I allow myself one or two bars, eaten while still frozen...slows my chewing down compared to room temperature.