What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    The gas station where I get my nightly soda is sometimes locked up so the person working can take a little break. Last night it was locked when I got there but the lock was flimsy or loose and the doors moved easily and the had they sign on the door apologizing and saying they'd be back.

I usually do laps around the gas station until the cashier comes back from break and I see the sign gone or someone going in or out of the convenience store. After a few laps, I saw a couple people going in and followed.

The cashier wasn't there.

The sign was still on the door.

(No, this isn't a murder mystery.)

There were 3 of us in the store, two getting gas and me getting my soda.

I'm there every day so I feel like it's ok for me to go where people aren't supposed to go so checked in the back room after one of the guys knocked on the bathroom door to see if she (or he...sometimes there's a guy cashier) was in there.

Nope!

We still waited around for a bit but, honestly, the main girl is always telling me to just take the soda because I'm doing the drink a day for $5.99 per month deal so I really was good to go if I wanted. One of the guys kept saying that I'm only getting the soda and I was ok (meaning I could leave) and I eventually did.

But now I'm a tiny bit worried that I'll find the place burned down or completely ransacked or at least find out money was taken or something when I stop off tonight.

I had a taser. I could have taken those boys down! :)

(I probably could have gotten away with taking a Twix too but I'm too honest for that. :))

So you’re saying you’re definitely NOT the Great Twix Bandit, then?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    The gas station where I get my nightly soda is sometimes locked up so the person working can take a little break. Last night it was locked when I got there but the lock was flimsy or loose and the doors moved easily and the had they sign on the door apologizing and saying they'd be back.

I usually do laps around the gas station until the cashier comes back from break and I see the sign gone or someone going in or out of the convenience store. After a few laps, I saw a couple people going in and followed.

The cashier wasn't there.

The sign was still on the door.

(No, this isn't a murder mystery.)

There were 3 of us in the store, two getting gas and me getting my soda.

I'm there every day so I feel like it's ok for me to go where people aren't supposed to go so checked in the back room after one of the guys knocked on the bathroom door to see if she (or he...sometimes there's a guy cashier) was in there.

Nope!

We still waited around for a bit but, honestly, the main girl is always telling me to just take the soda because I'm doing the drink a day for $5.99 per month deal so I really was good to go if I wanted. One of the guys kept saying that I'm only getting the soda and I was ok (meaning I could leave) and I eventually did.

But now I'm a tiny bit worried that I'll find the place burned down or completely ransacked or at least find out money was taken or something when I stop off tonight.

I had a taser. I could have taken those boys down! :)

(I probably could have gotten away with taking a Twix too but I'm too honest for that. :))

So you’re saying you’re definitely NOT the Great Twix Bandit, then?

I can neither confirm nor deny.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    This is so random but I saw a post on the internet about how a lady uses 6-8 containers of 20lb cat litter a month for four cats and I think she must be insane.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I have to place a call to Medicare today. I detest calling places. Unless they're my family.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Took my son to the ER yesterday due to ongoing and painful stomach issues. Looks like he has stomach sensitivity issues that mean I need to put him on a strict diet and start eliminating all sorts of foods to try and identify what is making him sick.

I am so glad it's nothing more serious, and yet feel nervous palpitations when it comes to what I need to do now. Food prep / diet management - especially for my teen son - is one of my weakest areas. He's so picky when it comes to food that's GOOD for his body, and yet has no problem consuming all sorts of spicy, high sugar foods.

I'm sure this will be a good thing in the end for all of us.. it's just...one more thing to manage. One more thing in an area I struggle with. sigh.

Can they refer you to a nutritionist that can help make up a plan for him and his needs?? And have they addressed his stress and how that might be affecting his stomach issues as well? :( We all know what stress can do to a body.

Hugs to you dear lady and hoping you can get some support with this. One more thought, he's a teen, maybe get him 100% on board with it all as far as making a food plan. They must've given you some idea of what kind of foods can be the worst culprits, which ones to eliminate first? Good luck!!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    The poor little chickadee that bounced off my windows and was still laying out there later. I placed him in a bush and put some sunflower seeds with him. But something was definitely broken. :(
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,557 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The poor little chickadee that bounced off my windows and was still laying out there later. I placed him in a bush and put some sunflower seeds with him. But something was definitely broken. :(

Often, if you can get to them right away, with a little bit of water... dip your finger in the water and put it to their beak. Sometimes a few of those are enough to wake them up and snap them out of the shock. Sometimes it's the shock that kills them.

Big hugs. It's so hard to see their tiny little perfect bodies.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Negative pull-ups are so much fun, can't evenimagine the rush I would get doing real pull-ups.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Negative pull-ups are so much fun, can't evenimagine the rush I would get doing real pull-ups.

Getting that first one done is sooooo huge! It's an awesome feeling!
  • happimess01
    Options

haha I had a feeling you would chime in. I am waiting till I can do 5 sets of 15-20 sec negatives and then I am gonna go for it :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

haha I had a feeling you would chime in. I am waiting till I can do 5 sets of 15-20 sec negatives and then I am gonna go for it :)

Haha! Glad I didn't disappoint!

I don't know if I can even do a single now. But the thing that really got me there was doing weighted negatives. Add 25lbs and take ten seconds to drop. It was a game changer.
  • happimess01
    Options

Haha! Glad I didn't disappoint!

I don't know if I can even do a single now. But the thing that really got me there was doing weighted negatives. Add 25lbs and take ten seconds to drop. It was a game changer.

damn, that is badass! I am definitely going to try it one day. Also, this
    v52kufta48wu.gif

• ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Pennyloafers How are you doing? How is everything going?? Just been thinking about you.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Pennyloafers How are you doing? How is everything going?? Just been thinking about you.
    oh reenie, are you talking to your shoes again :(
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with this new MFP design? I managed to get into this thread somehow, but literally every chat room I try looking at comes up completely blank:

21kyphykbr4q.jpg
    its like in the movies where you see the geriatric version of your parents through some large bay windows

and you wave to them with giddy excitement but they don't see you

then you run over to a mirror and the person looking back at you is a complete stranger

you are in the nightmare that is your life