Shakeology

Options
1235»

Replies

• joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like Premier chocolate protein shakes from Costco. They don't have all the grasses and herbs in shakeology, but their macros are great, they taste pretty good, and the price is right.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    4 people x 3 meals a day = 12 meals a day. 12 x 7 days of the week = 84. $100 allowance divided by the 84 meals is going to be $1.19 per meal.
    I will eat crow and defer if you're speaking "per person". I spoke in terms "per meal" for a family of 4 at $3.57. I'm man enough to admit that I took your reference out of context and failed to see it as "per person" and not "per meal". My bad.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    4 people x 3 meals a day = 12 meals a day. 12 x 7 days of the week = 84. $100 allowance divided by the 84 meals is going to be $1.19 per meal.
    I will eat crow and defer if you're speaking "per person". I spoke in terms "per meal" for a family of 4 at $3.57. I'm man enough to admit that I took your reference out of context and failed to see it as "per person" and not "per meal". My bad.

eh it happens
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    one of the biggest problems you are gonna find getting honest answers about shakeology is that it is part of the beachbody pyramid scam/scheme. i love beachbody, p90x and insanity are completely transforming my body. i dont doubt that shakeology is likely damn good both nutritionally and in taste. BUT. beachbody has this whole coaching thing where if you get to be a coach you can get it and sell it for cheaper and get profit if people buy it under you, and the coaching thing requires no qualifications what so ever. it is flooding the internet with a bunch of mindless shakeology selling zombies. beware!

its nearly impossible now to hop on to a beachbody website and post without getting a ton of messages from motivational "coaches" who focus on shakes more than motivation.

the reality is, it is expensive. the question, is it worth it? you might be able to find better options, but if you are actually using it to replace meals it is not so bad. It is just a matter of planning properly. no harm in trying it and finding out. BUT. what they dont tell you is that more often than not, these shakes are recommended to be made with more than just powder, but rather other ingredients for recipes. which definitely alters the math they give you for cost per shake.
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    one of the biggest problems you are gonna find getting honest answers about shakeology is that it is part of the beachbody pyramid scam/scheme. i love beachbody, p90x and insanity are completely transforming my body. i dont doubt that shakeology is likely damn good both nutritionally and in taste. BUT. beachbody has this whole coaching thing where if you get to be a coach you can get it and sell it for cheaper and get profit if people buy it under you, and the coaching thing requires no qualifications what so ever. it is flooding the internet with a bunch of mindless shakeology selling zombies. beware!

its nearly impossible now to hop on to a beachbody website and post without getting a ton of messages from motivational "coaches" who focus on shakes more than motivation.

the reality is, it is expensive. the question, is it worth it? you might be able to find better options, but if you are actually using it to replace meals it is not so bad. It is just a matter of planning properly. no harm in trying it and finding out. BUT. what they dont tell you is that more often than not, these shakes are recommended to be made with more than just powder, but rather other ingredients for recipes. which definitely alters the math they give you for cost per shake.

1 banana and a scoop of peanut butter or a hand full of berries hardly alters the math. :laugh: And not all coaches try to push products on people. Some do, some don't. I will admit I send a lot of messages. But I never push anything or lie to anybody just to make a couple bucks. Nor do a lot of the coaches I know. Not to mention while yes we make money, it doesn't cost anybody anything extra. And a lot of coaches are very helpful. And their help is free so.. don't see any harm there either
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    no, i havnt seen any issues with lying. just lots of product pushing. i think the coaching system is alright and i definitely respect the core philosophy behind it! encourage over all fitness to everyone. its a great idea, but i have seen many coaches who get very much so caught up in the selling and less the motivation. its a bummer. and if people are skeptical of the cost as is, then a banana and peanutbutter and berries is definitely an increase and still something to factor in.

im definitely not advising against shakeology one way or the other, just giving my honest opinion. unfortunately, with this or any other product on the internet it is difficult to get an unbiased answer, because half of the information being provided is by people who want to sell you their product.

and to be clear, i absolutely love. LOVE. beach body. it has been life altering for me. the core message and those that are sincere and properly dedicated are some of the most helpful and amazing people this world has to offer. its just a bummer, but in any group of people you will find the fringe type that just don't live up to the example set before them.
  • zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    It is expensive period.

It is way overpriced compared to other meal replacement/protein shakes, if u dont mind overpaying, prefer the taste,and/ or are part of the MLM scheme then buy it.
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    no, i havnt seen any issues with lying. just lots of product pushing. i think the coaching system is alright and i definitely respect the core philosophy behind it! encourage over all fitness to everyone. its a great idea, but i have seen many coaches who get very much so caught up in the selling and less the motivation. its a bummer. and if people are skeptical of the cost as is, then a banana and peanutbutter and berries is definitely an increase and still something to factor in.

im definitely not advising against shakeology one way or the other, just giving my honest opinion. unfortunately, with this or any other product on the internet it is difficult to get an unbiased answer, because half of the information being provided is by people who want to sell you their product.

and to be clear, i absolutely love. LOVE. beach body. it has been life altering for me. the core message and those that are sincere and properly dedicated are some of the most helpful and amazing people this world has to offer. its just a bummer, but in any group of people you will find the fringe type that just don't live up to the example set before them.

Yeah beachbody products are amazing! I've always been into fitness.. but never to the point like I am now. Which is why I jumped aboard and starting coaching. I do agree there are some shady coaches out. But it is a brilliant move by Beachbody.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options

Yeah beachbody products are amazing! I've always been into fitness.. but never to the point like I am now. Which is why I jumped aboard and starting coaching. I do agree there are some shady coaches out. But it is a brilliant move by Beachbody.
    Well, at least Beach Body can keep the presses rolling on their shakes by having the coaches purchase them each month. And yes a brilliant move, but more so for the Beach Body owners and stock holders.