• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    December Goal: 100 Miles

12/1: 5.11 miles
    12/2: 5.11 miles
    12/5: 10.03 miles

20.25/100 miles completed for December

I ran 10 miles this morning. The weather wasn't as nice as it has been. It was humid and cooler at the start than I expected,  but warm at the end. But it wasn't too bad. I was planning on 15 K, but when I got home I felt pretty good so I went up the street and circled the block to make it  an even 10 miles.

We got the Christmas decorations down and I was hoping to get that done today, but didn't get it finished.  Half the lights on my prelit tree don't work. But yesterday my four sisters and I met at my mom's new house to help her decorate.  We had a great time and it was nice to see her excited about the holidays.  So I did get some decorating done.

Happy Birthday @shanaber! Those trees are awesome!

Happy Birthday @Scott6255!

Great job on your 5K @marisap2010!

Welcome back @Noblsheep!

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children - 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon - PR 2:07:11 and 1st in AG
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @shanaber and @Scott6255 ! Wishing you both a great year of running!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @shanaber and @Scott6255 !
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Nice run. Glad you and your sisters got together to help your mom decorate. Sounds like you had a great time doing it.

@Teresa502 It really is a nice spring-like morning. I wish I had gotten up in time to go for a run, but, alas, that didn't happen. Glad you had a nice run. I hate it when I turn my watch off and forget to turn it back on. As for Run The World, I need to go back in and update my miles. It has been months since I posted them. Not sure why I quit. I think the last time was when we were in Hawaii. :lol: That isn't going to be 2,038 miles, but it may be a couple hundred.
  • run_sara_run
    run_sara_run Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    130 miles for December is the goal!

12/1 - 5.3 treadmill (speed pickups during commercials)
    12/2 - 1 treadmill #streakkeeper
    12/3 - 3.1 treadmill
    12/4 - 10.3 trail miles
    12/5 - 5.9 trail miles

@SummerSkier - I saw you mention URI, as in University of Rhode Island? That's where I went!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,067 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    and I was just taking it easy and nosying at the fab houses but managed to record the second fastest women’s time on this route, which was a Strava segment, and if I do it again anytime in the next 89 days, I’ll be the local legend.

This is what it is like in my new area as well. It’s me, my neighbor, and 1 other woman that hold all the records and local legends. My husband who has barely run out there at all even has a local legend. It is very different from my neighborhood here where there are so many runners around.

Happy birthday @shanaber and @Scott6255 !

Welcome back @noblsheep !

@Tramboman When I dream about running, it is always this effortless floating run that feels amazing! Usually I am running at night and there are stars out and very tall trees around.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Great comeback plan @noblsheep it's seeing you back!

I like this concept of a leaf moat. I may see if I can convince the wife, neighbors and city that I have such a leaf moat around the house as an alarm system. I'll report back if it is a success.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Great comeback plan @noblsheep it's seeing you back!
    ...so...that was supposed to say "it's great seeing you back", and I'm not even sure I can blame auto-correct on that one.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It is too bad that we can’t count really intense running dreams as exercise! 🤣 Dreams can sometimes leave you feel exhausted when you wake.

@martaindale I’m curious to know how the leaf moat worked as well! Also, very pretty pictures.

I’m not scheduled to run again until tomorrow, but depending on the weather tonight, I might get out briefly. Otherwise, I will do some strength training.