• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    dvmmcw8020 wrote: »
    Goals:
    1. Hit my macro numbers 145P 179C 62F
    2. 80oz H2O
    3. 7500 steps

Welcome! I hope posting here helps you achieve your goals.
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Nikki, 52 years old, 5'6"
    WL history: ups and downs for years
    Exercise: treadmill walk 5x/week (actual exercise not allowed yet, hope to be released from restrictions at the end of December)
    Goal: truly give up gluten and avoid it (not allergic, just pick up many pounds of fluid for days)
    Goal: put myself on the things-to-do list, and the take-care-of list
    Goal: lose it and maintain it
    Ultimate Goal weight: 145
    6/7/2022 goal (next oncologist appointment): 177 (-20lbs from 12/7/21 appt)
    December goal: 195

12/1 196.0 was a sticker shock this morning. A lot of inflammation still from surgery last month so my 12/31 goal is slightly possible but not very confident. I'm not shifting it though. Onward and downward!
    12/2 195.4 first day back to work (remote) was too long and I'm starting the day exhausted. Not sure why I worked 12 hours but so much to do and I'm running out of year. Didn't walk yesterday so my plan is a lunch treadmill walk today.
    12/3 - weighed but forgot to post
    12/4 - weighed but forgot to post, I did walk on the treadmill for 40m
    12/5 - 195.6 This week was rough and a definite reminder that even though I'm not in pain and back to work, that I'm far from healed. Simply exhausted by the end of the day. Today I'm meal prepping breakfast and lunch (egg cups and lasagna soup), dinners for the week will be hunk o'meat + veg. If I was smart I'd go walk now as it's 12:40p and I'm waiting on the soup to simmer, and then work for the afternoon.
    Week 1 loss - 0.4 from 12/1
    12/6 - ?
    12/7 - 197.6 oncologist appointment
    12/8 - 197.4 yesterday's oncologist appointment went well but was told that I need to take control and drop some pounds. My goal is 177 by 6/7/22, my next appointment. That's 20 pounds, 24 weeks. I have got to get my motivation and big girl panties firmly in place. I'm still limited to walking after my surgery but I haven't been doing very much of that. So a daily walk and better food choices is my future; not sure when I'll be released for more activity but maybe January.
    12/9 - 195.8 so hard to figure out my weight, I really need to find a trend app so I can ignore the ups and downs and just watch the trend. OK, looking now for one.
    12/10 - 196.0 (196.2 trend) - couldn't find Happy Scale so downloaded Libra Weight Tracker, but Libra counts in kgs and libres, and there isn't an option to switch it to pounds. So I know if I convert my 196 kilograms I'll be in completely shock and melt-down! LOL. Got my hair cut this morning, will have a lunch walk, and dinner out with my hubby (plan will be to order meat + veg).
    12/11 - 195.6 (196.18 trend)
    12/12 - 195.2 (196.08 trend) was hoping for lower this morning but it's still down so I'll take it. Dinner is beef roast and broccoli, and a glass of wine.
    Week 2 loss - 0.4 from 12/5
    12/13
    12/14
    12/15
    12/16
    12/17
    12/18
    12/19
    Week 3 loss -
    12/20
    12/21
    12/22
    12/23
    12/24
    12/25
    12/26
    Week 4 loss -
  • nikkit321
    Options
    Major holidays coming up - what are you meal plans?

Christmas Eve - my son's 22nd birthday. He wants sushi for dinner, which we'll buy, and I think I'll do egg rolls or something with it. Dessert will be peanut butter brownies (his favorite): bake a 9x13 pan of brownies. Put about a cup of peanut butter in a glass measuring cup and microwave about 90 seconds, stir and make sure it's all melted. Pour over top the brownies. Open a can of icing, peel off all the metal seal, and microwave about 90 seconds. Stir, and pour on top of the pb. You can swirl it and make it pretty. Yum. Pure yum.

Christmas - I'm thinking lasagna, garlic bread, 7-layer salad, green beans (or some other veg), leftover pb brownies and another dessert. Breakfast will be canned cinnamon rolls or something else that's easy.

New Years Eve - nothing, not really a thing for us and my oldest son will be chefing it up at the country club where he works lol.

New Years Day - still not really a thing, but last year I did a grazing snack day which was fun, and I'll probably repeat it this year. I'd make something, then yell and announce that "cheeseball is ready!". They'd come fill a plate and disappear. Then I'd yell "candied pecans are ready!" and they'd come back. LOL went on all day...although I don't think any of it was healthy so this year will be "veg tray is ready!" and will hear crickets instead of a stampede.

Goal: eat well, stay in control, and monitor the scale.
  • LuckiS32
    LuckiS32 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    UGW: 175
    Dec SW: 218
    Dec GW: 212

12/1: 218 Vacation Budapest🇭🇺
    12/2: 218.9 Vacation Budapest🇭🇺
    12/3: 217.8 I think I’ve been doing well on vacation so far since I’ve had an incredible amount of wine, Christmas treats, and Hungarian traditional food which means a lot of meat. I’m enjoying every bit of it but I know I’ll have to work to get back to the 216s that I hit in Nov.
    12/4: 218.3 On vacation in Prague 🇨🇿 It’s snowing 🌨 today! 😀 I haven’t put a sweater on in 2 years until today.
    12/5: 217.8 On vacation in Prague 🇨🇿 The walking throughout the day is a true lifesaver for my 2 food tours, wine tastings and more!
    12/6: 217.5 On vacation in Prague 🇨🇿
    12/7: 217.6 Last day of vacation in Prague 🇨🇿
    12/8: DNW - Traveling
    12/9: 218.6 This is what happens when you have to quarantine in a hotel room for a day upon entry into Thailand. Bad food and not enough water.
    12/10: 217.2
    12/11: 216.4
    12/12: 217.6 Fun weekend with friends!
    12/13: 216.8

December Tracker

weight.png
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    nikkit321 wrote: »

Christmas Eve - my son's 22nd birthday. He wants sushi for dinner, which we'll buy, and I think I'll do egg rolls or something with it. Dessert will be peanut butter brownies (his favorite): bake a 9x13 pan of brownies. Put about a cup of peanut butter in a glass measuring cup and microwave about 90 seconds, stir and make sure it's all melted. Pour over top the brownies. Open a can of icing, peel off all the metal seal, and microwave about 90 seconds. Stir, and pour on top of the pb. You can swirl it and make it pretty. Yum. Pure yum.

Christmas - I'm thinking lasagna, garlic bread, 7-layer salad, green beans (or some other veg), leftover pb brownies and another dessert. Breakfast will be canned cinnamon rolls or something else that's easy.

New Years Eve - nothing, not really a thing for us and my oldest son will be chefing it up at the country club where he works lol.

New Years Day - still not really a thing, but last year I did a grazing snack day which was fun, and I'll probably repeat it this year. I'd make something, then yell and announce that "cheeseball is ready!". They'd come fill a plate and disappear. Then I'd yell "candied pecans are ready!" and they'd come back. LOL went on all day...although I don't think any of it was healthy so this year will be "veg tray is ready!" and will hear crickets instead of a stampede.

Christmas Eve we usually have a large crowd of family and friends over for seafood gumbo, bread pudding, and appetizers with lots of champagne and wine. We picked this tradition up from my hubby's parents except they made cherries jubilee ... my family grew up with hot tamales for Christmas Eve since my grandmother lived in south Texas near the border.

Christmas Day we are having orange, cinnamon and raspberry rolls (3 different types). My sister is in charge of the menu after that!

New Years Eve ... I have no traditions.

New Year Day ... I usually make my
    New Year's Day Soup
    Ingredients:
    1-2 TB olive oil
    1/3 head cabbage, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1-2 cups ham, chopped
    1⁄2 lb dried black-eyed peas
    2 carrots, sliced
    1 celery stick, chopped
    1 TB oregano
    1 TB parsley
    1 TB basil
    Salt to taste
    Black, red and white peppers to taste
    8 cups water
    4 chicken bouillon cubes
    1⁄2 cup rice
    Instructions:
    Sauté cabbage, onion and garlic in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Cook 1 hour. Serve with cornbread.
    Ham for Health
    Cabbage for Wealth
    Black-eyed Peas for Luck

• nikkit321
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    nikkit321 wrote: »

Christmas Eve we usually have a large crowd of family and friends over for seafood gumbo, bread pudding, and appetizers with lots of champagne and wine. We picked this tradition up from my hubby's parents except they made cherries jubilee ... my family grew up with hot tamales for Christmas Eve since my grandmother lived in south Texas near the border.

Christmas Day we are having orange, cinnamon and raspberry rolls (3 different types). My sister is in charge of the menu after that!

New Years Eve ... I have no traditions.

New Year Day ... I usually make my
    New Year's Day Soup
    Ingredients:
    1-2 TB olive oil
    1/3 head cabbage, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1-2 cups ham, chopped
    1⁄2 lb dried black-eyed peas
    2 carrots, sliced
    1 celery stick, chopped
    1 TB oregano
    1 TB parsley
    1 TB basil
    Salt to taste
    Black, red and white peppers to taste
    8 cups water
    4 chicken bouillon cubes
    1⁄2 cup rice
    Instructions:
    Sauté cabbage, onion and garlic in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Cook 1 hour. Serve with cornbread.
    Ham for Health
    Cabbage for Wealth
    Black-eyed Peas for Luck

Your New Years soup sounds really good!