What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Dilly beans.
    No idea why
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Lidl frozen hash brown patties. 120 cal apiece, have enough oil already in them that you don’t need to spray them. 10-12 minutes in an air fryer. Shockingly tasty.

20 nice sized hash browns for well under $4.

Skyr, mixed with chocolate protein powder, topped with Walden Farms zero cal chocolate syrup, Lidl peppermint whipped topping and a few grams of milk chocolate hagel. A shed load of protein for 286 calories and tasty, too!
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    q4u4s1w0r303.png
  • springlering62
    NVintage wrote: »
    q4u4s1w0r303.png

Now stop that, you!!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    q4u4s1w0r303.png

OMG those sound AMAZING!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    q4u4s1w0r303.png

I'm very very happy I'm too scared to bite into nuts right now. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    These are sooooo good made in the air fryer. One bag is a huge size and only 240 calories. The breading is so good. The hot sauce flavor is great and not super spicy. 6l6ihevp3ci5.jpeg
    fnvab6ck0xwo.jpeg
    noelv985st5r.jpeg
    btti8wf9bapg.jpeg
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    These are sooooo good made in the air fryer. One bag is a huge size and only 240 calories. The breading is so good. The hot sauce flavor is great and not super spicy. 6l6ihevp3ci5.jpeg
    fnvab6ck0xwo.jpeg
    noelv985st5r.jpeg
    btti8wf9bapg.jpeg

I loved these too!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Also these! I like these soo much more than the old version which was made with potatoes. They don’t have much flavor on their own so I add my own spices and dip them in hot sauce or balsamic vinegar . o2zvvtx9uiq1.jpeg
    p3yyhow3dxd3.jpeg
    sv7mqvie4h0o.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2021
    accw8qs1cpqj.jpegxy968o3wedef.jpeg

4ig559uoj625.jpeg
    5pkky2hk7lrg.jpeg
    I thought the other cauliflower wings were good but these are even better! They are way crispier and the breading is sooo thick and crunchy. Better than any chicken nugget breading I’ve had. The reason they are so good is bc they are mostly breading 😅.

They are a lot higher in calories. This whole thing is 600 and only a little bit more than the birds eye portion. I also bought the buffalo but I have yet to try it.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    I have been very into custom personal gluten-free pizzas. Usually I concede to sharing a pizza with husband but he loves tomato sauce and I have ALWAYS disliked it on my pizza. We also prefer different toppings generally so it’s a lot of compromise for both of us. But I’ve been bougiee lately and just getting my own dang pizzas with no sauce and all the stuff I like and it’s just been so, so good lmao
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Right now, anything smothered in NM red chile sauce. NM red chile sauce just screams "the holidays". Made baked potatoes with greek yogurt and bacon smothered in red chile and topped with cheddar on Friday. Red Chile Chicken Enchiladas last night and leftovers for lunch this afternoon. Fried eggs topped with red chile sauce this morning for breakfast and I still have a big container of the red chile sauce I made over the weekend sitting in the fridge. Posole and tamales Christmas Eve.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited December 2021
    50x4s2auhf6p.jpg
    6a0agt2oz3s3.jpg
    Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread.. 2 pieces toasted with one powdered peanut butter made with sugar free maple and other piece has cashew, almond or regular peanut butter. Topped with Good Good preserves
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    ‘Red shell’ miso dressing. More sugar than I’d like to admit and some questionable oil (soy) but so. Dang. Good.

A Tbsp goes a looooong way. Like half a giant tub of greens, if you are a diligent mixer upper.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs.

Same. My daily breakfast lately! I discovered a new (to me) method of cooking them this morning that led to them being PERFECT between medium and hard boiled and not dry. I'm already excited for breakfast tomorrow.

and what would this be? curious!

I’m a huge fan of the perfectly custardy yolk. I find steaming them (not actual boiling), full rolling boil, 7.5 mins, then a dunk in ice water as a stop-bath (about a minute), then submerged in the boiling water (few seconds) then back to ice for a minute - perfectly cooked, and easy to peel. The steaming helps with the peel, but the ice-hot-ice finisher makes them contract away from the shell and stops the cooking process. I always thought I hated boiled eggs. Turns out my whole life I’d only had them cafeteria style overdone, also known as ‘grandmas deviled eggs.’ The powdery yellow is super gross to my taste, but when cooked less, I love the very center to be custard and the whole yolk avoids the powdery death sulfur effect that is the fate of most ‘boiled’ eggs.
  • Wlhopes
    Wlhopes Posts: 2 Member
    Ginger paste (comes in tubes). Add to coffee for good taste only 15 calories. Speaks fall to me like pumpkin spice.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Rhythm brand crunchy cauliflower is back at my Costco! I bought 2 bags. I was so sad when they stopped carrying it last year.

I also got a big bag of Meyer lemons and have been adding them to pretty much every drink. They’re my favorite for hot lemonade, which is usually a ‘sick person’ drink in my house but I have been craving lately. Had a big cup the other night and it was awesome :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Cabbage. I just can't stop eating it, it's an obsession. I add it fresh to all salads, I munch on whole leaves for snacks, I make shredded cabbage braised with mushrooms and tomato sauce almost weekly. I just can't stop. Christmas eve is near, it might nudge my mind away towards other foods, or so I hope because I'm sick of shredding cabbage every day.
  • springlering62
    Halloumi. Yet again. Happily, it’s pretty high protein and I can use the fats. I’m just clearing room in my diary for three servings at a time.

Easily available, since there seems to be a feta and blue cheese shortage locally, and I do like cheesy something in my giant salads. Probably because nobody understands what halloumi is, so that makes it all for meeeeeee!!!!!!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited December 2021
    Cabbage. I just can't stop eating it, it's an obsession. I add it fresh to all salads, I munch on whole leaves for snacks, I make shredded cabbage braised with mushrooms and tomato sauce almost weekly. I just can't stop. Christmas eve is near, it might nudge my mind away towards other foods, or so I hope because I'm sick of shredding cabbage every day.

@amusedmonkey Good to see I'm not the only one obsessed with cabbage! I went through a phase of eating it almost every other night for dinner for well over a year and did not tire of it at all! I like making it as a stir fry (no oil or anything) and just add different additions like lima beans, potatoes, soy curls, etc. Then I add vinegar and hot sauce to the bowl....instant smiles. :smiley: