What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Elliptical 240 minutes for 16.55 miles today.
  • Work_of_Art_
    Work_of_Art_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My workout today:
    3 sets of dumbbell curls 30lbsup to 40lbs
    5 sets of triceps pull down
    Cable workout for biceps and triceps
    27 mins on Stairmaster
    70 mins total
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    5K Lunch run - evening badminton
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Did 90 minutes (60 rowing and 30 LateralX) yesterday -- all pretty easy stuff and 60 today on the rower. Though today, something was off -- again -- with my HRM. It showed normal but I felt like I was working significantly harder than it was showing. It showed almost all the workout under 65% max and then right at the end spiked up 10 beats, which is where it felt like I was the entire workout.

Around 12K today. Planning a harder one tomorrow so hopefully the HRM blip won't hinder how hard I can go tomorrow. No biggie, I'll just play it by ear.
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 2 back in the gym. But this morning I did back and treadmill. It feels so amazing to be back!
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a 14 day streak of 15,000 steps a day.
    With cycling 10 - 15 miles 2 times per week.
    I'm doing well so far in 2022 🤣
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Rest day, so just a one mile walk at lunch.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    5 min walk
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    25 Dips
    25 Leg Raise
    25 KBell Swing
    25 Hand Release Push-ups

5 x 12
    Shrugs
    Lat Pulls Rev Grip
    Supported Dbell Row
    Seated Wide Row
    V Bar Pulldowns
    Smith Row
    Iso Pulldowns
    Meadow Row
    Straight Bar Sweeps
    Dbell Row

Sporty 40
    Situps/ Flutter/Obliques/Chopper (H)/ Rev Crunches/ Jack Knifes/ Choppers (L)

1200 Total Reps
  • Twistarella
    Twistarella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    96 minutes on my stationary bike. 26 miles. o:)
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    30 min. Elliptical at zone 3 and below, followed by my cautiously optimistic strength training routine. :smiley:
    Push-ups (I was able to do a lower incline today. I'll see how the shoulder feels tomorrow.)
    Dumbell rows - very light weight
    Planks and supermans with increased times.

So far, so good....
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yesterday, I did an hour's yoga; a morning walk; an hour's climb on my home wall; and finally an evening walk. The climbing was good. I think I kept my HR between 120 and 140 for 70 minutes, so I did work. (The home wall is more like strength training than cardio, so I am happy with this.) My crimp strength was good; my dynos were ropey although I eventually got everything I went for.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Around 20 minutes of yoga/stretch before breakfast.

6,831 meters rowing machine as 3x(2k on, 2' off/CD), easy pace, 2:32.9 and 19spm, focus on relaxing unnecessary muscles within adequate mechanics, Z3 & below.

26 minutes strength training, still light weights for conditioning reasons, but went to 3x10 on most sets rather than 2 x 10, increased weight on a couple. If things feel OK by next time, will start selectively increasing reps/weights.

Felt fatigued today for no obvious reason despite rest day Sunday, so put off the row/lift stuff until after 9PM, but finally convinced myself it wasn't optional. 🙄

Nicely done. I smiled as I read the part in bold, imagining the "self talk" that went on until you decided to get it done. I've had days where I decided early in the day to skip a session, then spent so much time fretting about the thought of missing it, that I gave in and did the workout late in the evening. :D
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Tuesday is a gym day. Worked on bike/swim muscle groups: KB deadlifts, rows, split squats, overhead band pulls while lying on floor, (band attached to weight bench), Also did some core stuff: mtn climbers, swimmers, etc.

Ran a slow 5k during the lunch hour to maintain my standing in a daily outdoor run/walk challenge.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Morning bootcamp, will get a 5K walk/slow jog in today evening
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, 240 minutes for 16.15 miles.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My rowing club has a 10K and a 6K this month to do. I've skipped the last two months with Covid and was debating doing the 10K today. Got around 5K in and just couldn't keep the pace so finished with 2K X 2 w/ 1 minute rests. HR hit 94% max on one interval.

If the HRM is accurate (and it seemed accurate today on HR at least), around 900+ calories for the hour today. It felt like it too. Full hour of pushing about as hard as I could.

Also trying to get back to lifting but working back slow. I'll try to get in around 6 rounds of pushups, either KB swings or deadlifts and shoulder presses. 3 already done, 3 more to do.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    My rowing club has a 10K and a 6K this month to do. I've skipped the last two months with Covid and was debating doing the 10K today. Got around 5K in and just couldn't keep the pace so finished with 2K X 2 w/ 1 minute rests. HR hit 94% max on one interval.

If the HRM is accurate (and it seemed accurate today on HR at least), around 900+ calories for the hour today. It felt like it too. Full hour of pushing about as hard as I could.

Also trying to get back to lifting but working back slow. I'll try to get in around 6 rounds of pushups, either KB swings or deadlifts and shoulder presses. 3 already done, 3 more to do.

Wow. That is a massive effort, my friend! Just thinking of 600cal/hr efforts on the bike has me sweating. A total body effort such as you performed for an hour would leave me on the floor. Very impressive.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4 mile treadmill jog. Nice way to get rid of some liquid stress. Clothes soaked completely.