What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• molepigeon
    molepigeon Posts: 22 Member
    35 min interval training with weights via YouTube plus 30 min slow run. The penultimate run of couch to 5k!
  • Spam2000times
    Spam2000times Posts: 241 Member
    2 mile recovery day walk.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2020
    I joined Row House recently, which is like Soul Cycle, but with rowing machines. I LOVE it. I can burn 500 calories in 45 minutes and something about it makes the time fly by. Plus, it's not so bad on my knees.

I looked into starting a franchise of that in Tucson. It's a nice concept. Like OTF but with Concept2s, not WaterRowers, and it's all rowing and other complimentary exercises. Looks fun. I'd do it if one was close to me but their franchise fees were way over the top too expensive, IMHO. I have a friend in Tucson that teaches a similar style independent gym class but it's just so far across town.

Did a 5 minute X 6 interval session with 2 minute rests. Very hard one. Hit 93 or 94% of max HR. As hard as I've pushed in a while. Felt good. All on the LateralX and AD Pro. Weather finally cooling this week. When I say "cooling" for Tucson, it's finally going to be under 100 and lows under 80 at 5 AM. But the hot weather is coming to an end.

Will be back on the rower soon on the patio in the AMs.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    edited August 2020
    You guessed it, rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off with row/in out & CD), total 6743m, steady state; plus 37 minutes of mucking around with dumbbells.
  • catmama256
    catmama256 Posts: 38 Member
    Leslie sansone 3 mile walk away the pounds for abs
  • AnnPT77
    Suprise: A nice, easy, short (11.7mi), slow bike ride to then on the local paved trail system on my hybrid bike.

First bike ride this season, bizarrely. First, our hospitals were busy enough that I was avoiding road-riding risks. Then it was too darned hot & humid for my taste. We're getting a little very nice weather now, still humid but mid 70s F today.
  • Spam2000times
    8.5 mile walk.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2020
    I went scuba diving again 2 days ago. It was lovely.

I dived the Scylla, the site of my first UK dive in 2013. The bottom is 26m, which is too deep for me these days. So we meandered over the top. The life on it has become incredible - loads of pink sea fans, for example.

The dive was 51 minutes, 18m maximum. My surface air consumption rate was 13 litres a minute, which is pretty good. (I use 20 for planning, to allow for some stress should anything go wrong.) The visibility was 1 to 2 metres, which is poor by Plymouth standards, but still fine to dive.

Yesterday, I did a walk of around 24 miles. It was nice, although it drizzled a lot.

iq8gqj3gfjfu.jpg

ac2xpbvdtdsv.jpg

• Spam2000times
    2 mile walk before my 10 hour shift at the hospital. Then 30 minutes of inline skating in the evening.
  • sb0181
    sb0181 Posts: 3 Member
    Accumulated 3 minutes of L sits on hanging rings. Ran 400m every time I came down.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited August 2020
    Congrats Jim, that's a great month!

Just 40 minutes (LateralX and Assault Bike) for me today. Got a late start and had a bit of a headache, so I didn't push it. I did a lot yesterday. Didn't post, but did an hour of cardio (including just 2K on the rower), yard work, hit balls at the range and went swimming. Gee, I'm not sure why I'd feel a bit bad today ;)

We got like 5 or 6 hours of solid rain last night. Was really nice and temps dropped by 10 degrees literally overnight. First time I've felt low 70s in quite a while and it was so nice.
  • AnnPT77
    Another decent-ish day (closer to 80F, I think), so another bike ride through suburbs and trails, still slow and easy. (Most of it below 55% heart rate reserve! 😆) Added a few miles, 18.46mi this time, vs. Saturday's 11.7. Nice to be outside and seeing some scenery.

I'm contemplating whether I need to raise the seat . . . I don't remember whether I did so after weight loss, and remember I needed to set up my spin bike as if taller after losing (sit lower with less padding, so it's as if legs grew longer 😆.)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,162 Member
    I was able to climb up to (and around) Ambrose Island in my canoe. It was about three miles up, and then back of course.

j0m7lqokn2y1.jpg

lzwmlwlzhvb5.jpg

5rlydxnqw0q4.jpg

ms64cxmfe27h.jpg

I started about 1.75 miles upstream from where I usually start, so I avoided a couple climbs and the "crowded" part of the river. It was work. I don't know if it's worth the difficult put-in to avoid the extra upstream work.

db64adds4kev.jpg
  • frankiem1207
    frankiem1207 Posts: 18 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1, and a 20 minute walking workout. Both were on you tube.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1, and a 20 minute walking workout. Both were on you tube.

That’s great! That’s what I did before I started going to a gym. Walking and 30 Day Shred. Usually took me a couple months to get through though. lol.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    I went climbing on Sunday. It was a very poor session - I got a handful of V2s, but no V3s. It's possible that I did actually need a day off after my 25 mile walk in order to recover. It's also possible I've got worse - it was my first time back at this gym since lockdown.

I did actually take the day off yesterday, although I did sneak in a 7 mile walk. I listened to Surfa Rosa by the Pixies for some of it, which is so damn good that I did an unplanned run, probably for a couple of miles.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited September 2020
    16 short hard intervals. HRM is broken. I have a backup but I hate change. But I can't stand when I do a hard workout and there's no record of it either. I'm a data junkie when I workout.

I did 1 minute slow, 1 intermediate and one all out -- half on the LateralX and half on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). The HRM was showing Warmup most of the time but found the actual HR on two of the intervals -- one hit 92% of max so I know I was working. Based on feel alone, it was plenty hard enough. Hit 774 Watts on my Assault Bike, which is much easier to hit high Wattage than on the rower. But still, when you're pushing 800 Watts, even for a few seconds, takes a quick toll on you. My max on the rower (ever) was around 600 something, and I find the bike around 20% higher than the rower, so just for a point of reference. Both my C2 and my AD Pro are excellent on accuracy, but the bike is way more efficient than rowing.
  • Spam2000times
    6 mile walk.
  • copodym
    copodym Posts: 3 Member
    I am often going on to Instagram to get work out ideas, as I follow a few trainers who post videos. I work out 5-6 days a week and like to mix it up & try new things. I thought I would start a discussion and have people post their work outs. Maybe give each other some good ideas! If I stick with the same thing over and over I get booorred.

MY WORK OUT TODAY:
    30 min on treadmill, alternating speeds walking & running
    Squats with kettlebell
    Overhead press to squat with 40lb. bar
    Mountain climber/burpee/pushup circuit
    10 minutes of stretching to end

Total time: 1hr. 10 min.

Current weight: 162
    Goal weight: 142
    I am often going on to Instagram to get work out ideas, as I follow a few trainers who post videos. I work out 5-6 days a week and like to mix it up & try new things. I thought I would start a discussion and have people post their work outs. Maybe give each other some good ideas! If I stick with the same thing over and over I get booorred.

MY WORK OUT TODAY:
    Squats with kettlebell

MY WORK OUT TODAY:
    Squats with kettlebell

MY WORK OUT TODAY:
    Squats with kettlebell

MY WORK OUT TODAY:
    Squats with kettlebell