JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone hope you don't mind me joining you but one day at a time sounds like just what I need.

I'm erika, 37 and a tortoise when it comes to losing weight (I can't exercise due to brittle asthma coupled with a prolapsed lumbar disc) so I am doing just calorie counting alone... but I live with a bottomless 15yr old son and have my partner Dan around most of the time who can eat continuously (mostly the wrong things) and barely puts on an ounce 🤦‍♀️ so there is a kitchen fu of temptation in the next room while I am working all day 😳

Today's goal is to weigh myself (already done 217.6lbs) and track everything that goes into my mouth ... let's see how they goes 🤦‍♀️ xx

Hey welcome! Of course we don't mind you joining!
    I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and that you can't exercise.
    But weightloss is mostly to do with our food!

I have 3 children ages 3, 5 and 7 and I swear they all have hollow legs.
    And I have a partner similar to yours, can eat what he wants, he does put weight on now but he can lose it in a snap of his fingers. How frustrating right?!

I learned a while ago (something I have to relearn now) that the best way to do it is to learn to say "no" to yourself!

It's hard and sometimes you do give in, but my partner used to offer me the treats and I had to say no no no no no and eventually he stopped offering the good stuff lol and believe me, it was hard saying no, because obviously you WANT to eat the good stuff! But you have to remember what will happen in the long run!

Good luck and glad your taking your journey with us, were all a lovely bunch :)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Monday JFT 01/03/2022:

✅ AM Me Time (didn't feel too well today so I started my day with a nice hot bath)
    ✅ Review and post MFP
    ❌ Prelog diary (stick to what is logged!!) ➡️ went over a bit due to a few extra snack'ems 🙄
    ✅ Morning self-care routine
    ✅ Breakfast
    ✅ Kiddos "Saturday Chore Day"
    ✅ 3_hr Study Session
    ✅ Lunch
    ❌ Yoga and BBL DVDs
    ❌ Gym: 30 min elliptical, weights-arm day
    ✅ Dinner, etc
    ✅ Evening self-care routine

➡️ I did not exercise due to some stomach issues and the need for the closeness of a restroom, Lol 😅 I guess my body is detoxing from this past weeks' illness and medications. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you ALL for your kind comments and wonderful support!! It means more than you know!! 🧸

Tuesday JFT 01/04/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Mid-day errands: Costco, supermarket, and mailbox
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_leg day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Let's see how the day goes. 🌷🧘‍♀️🌷

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    - Up early to help V get dressed :smiley:
    - Take V to school and carry in her Project, she can’t drive yet. :smiley:
    - Come home and go back to bed :smiley:
    - Take down tree :(
    - Exercise :(
    - Shower :(
    - Maybe go watch Spider Man :(
    - Pick up V from school :smiley:
    - Crab Legs for dinner :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Need by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a stellar Monday y’all!

Hubby was pissy yesterday, and complete squashed my good mood. I comfort ate all day... didn't log, didn't weigh, didn't exercise, didn't clean, you get the gist. Today didn't start well, as I had a pastry for breakfast, but I'm going to turn the day around. At least that is the plan. I'm still pretty down about yesterday, which makes it hard to do better today. Of course, if today goes like yesterday, tomorrow will suck too.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up by 6:00 :(
    - Work by 7:00 :(
    - meetings at 8:30 & 9:00 :smiley:
    - Take script to V at school she forgot it this morning
    - Pick up lunch on the way back to work
    - Work until 4:30 or so
    - Pick up V after theater practice
    - Cook remaining crab for dinner for S & I
    - Cook up some veggies for V
    - Drag Christmas boxes up stairs and work on the tree
    - Log food
    - Stay Green
    - No Alcohol
    - Shower
    - Bed by 11:30

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    JFT for 1/4 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 1/3), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/2)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/6
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/3)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, up to 1 oz of nut gift OK today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 12/13)
    8) None of DH's treats today.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hello JFT friends!

I missed yesterday due to appointments and such, but am back on today. I woke up this morning at 2:00 a.m. and was not able to get back to sleep so as I type this, I know my goals will be small today because I foresee a nap in my not too distant future! ;)

I have so many people I want to reply to later, but for now I want to say:

@cschmitz110515 Thank you for the walk/race info! I'm hoping to do at least one walk this year. It's my goal. That would be awesome to meet up in person and maybe do one together! Just meeting in person would be fun!

@littleblackskirt Again, I love the view of the sea from your beach! That boat doesn't look like it's out very far from shore, and it looks so small with those waves! Ahhhhh...I would love to wake up to that view. It's my dream.

Just for Today:
    1. 24H plan and *kitten*. Follow the plan. Eat only when hungry and stop at 'enough'.
    2. Update 1st of month data
    3. 64+ oz water before 6 PM.
    4. Close activity circles on my watch
    5. Gentle Yoga - try this per MD orders
    6. Meditate (10-15 minutes, also per MD orders)
    7. Watch Module 1 of No BS course (Mission Possible Challenge)
    8. Read/Podcasts (self-care)
    9. Bed early tonight

2022 JFT
    About Me: Tracie
    Ht: 5' 4"
    CW: 184.4
    GW: 140 lb
    Green Bay, WI, USA

Goals for 2022:
    1. I would like to weigh 140 lbs by December 31, 2022.
    2. Take measurements on the 1st of each month and update on MFP. Lose inches this year.
    3. NSV's: Be able to wear my wedding ring again. Be able to shop in regular sizes, not Plus. Lipid panel - better cholesterol numbers. A1C - lower. Glucose lower.
    4. Incorporate 2 meatless meals per week by end of year. Try new veggies and recipes.
    5. Take a road trip somewhere I've never been.
    6. Overcome anxiety (gotten worse since all the shutdowns and not being more social) and decrease Rx
    7. Hike the Sturgeon Bay section of the Ice Age Trail
    8. Make an effort to get in touch and/or stay in touch with family & friends either by phone or in-person visits. Enough with the texting. I want to hear voices and see smiles.
    9. Work up to consistently doing 30 minutes of intentional activity 5/7 days per week. (80% of the year)
    10. Read daily chapter from Simple Abundance and do some of the recommended activities
    11. Gratitude Journal every night

Word of the Year - Resilient. I am strong and resilient, which allows me to easily correct course and thrive in any situation.[/quote]

• Bex953172
    Options

Monday JFT 01/03/2022:

✅ AM Me Time (didn't feel too well today so I started my day with a nice hot bath)
    ✅ Review and post MFP
    ❌ Prelog diary (stick to what is logged!!) ➡️ went over a bit due to a few extra snack'ems 🙄
    ✅ Morning self-care routine
    ✅ Breakfast
    ✅ Kiddos "Saturday Chore Day"
    ✅ 3_hr Study Session
    ✅ Lunch
    ❌ Yoga and BBL DVDs
    ❌ Gym: 30 min elliptical, weights-arm day
    ✅ Dinner, etc
    ✅ Evening self-care routine

➡️ I did not exercise due to some stomach issues and the need for the closeness of a restroom, Lol 😅 I guess my body is detoxing from this past weeks' illness and medications. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you ALL for your kind comments and wonderful support!! It means more than you know!! 🧸

Tuesday JFT 01/04/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Mid-day errands: Costco, supermarket, and mailbox
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_leg day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Let's see how the day goes. 🌷🧘‍♀️🌷

Great day you've had there!!
    Laughed at your "need to be close to the toilet" comment. I know that feeling all too well hahaha.
    I had to do the school run in that state once. I made it back home quicker than ever in my life hahaha

Can I ask... How do you manage chores.. and how do you get them to ACTUALLY do it 😂 as a parent this is the one thing I can't manage at all.
    My eldest Saskia is the only one who helps. But then her sisters leave her too it which puts her off doing it because she always has to do it by herself.
    Marley does anything to not do chores. She'll cry, complain of tummyache or that she's tired and if im still telling her to do it, she just goes to sleep to avoid it.. argh.

Casey helps every now and then. But there's no like... Routine.
    One mother to another, how do you do it lol!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Monday
    - Up early to help V get dressed :smiley:
    - Take V to school and carry in her Project, she can’t drive yet. :smiley:
    - Come home and go back to bed :smiley:
    - Take down tree :(
    - Exercise :(
    - Shower :(
    - Maybe go watch Spider Man :(
    - Pick up V from school :smiley:
    - Crab Legs for dinner :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Need by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a stellar Monday y’all!

Hubby was pissy yesterday, and complete squashed my good mood. I comfort ate all day... didn't log, didn't weigh, didn't exercise, didn't clean, you get the gist. Today didn't start well, as I had a pastry for breakfast, but I'm going to turn the day around. At least that is the plan. I'm still pretty down about yesterday, which makes it hard to do better today. Of course, if today goes like yesterday, tomorrow will suck too.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up by 6:00 :(
    - Work by 7:00 :(
    - meetings at 8:30 & 9:00 :smiley:
    - Take script to V at school she forgot it this morning
    - Pick up lunch on the way back to work
    - Work until 4:30 or so
    - Pick up V after theater practice
    - Cook remaining crab for dinner for S & I
    - Cook up some veggies for V
    - Drag Christmas boxes up stairs and work on the tree
    - Log food
    - Stay Green
    - No Alcohol
    - Shower
    - Bed by 11:30

You can turn it around, you can.
    You might not feel like doing it, and you're right it will be hard. But deep down you can do it.
    Sorry your husband's being pissy.
    I've had that daily for the last 2 weeks and it was hard (still is) but I've realised I can't let him affect my mood that way, I need to press on with what I need to do!

Come on! I believe in you!
    And if it doesn't work out, start again! Let it all out and give your head a shake!
    We're all here for you
    *Big hugs*
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Today started with a mad dash to the Urgent Care facility where my son managed to snag a Covid test appointment. He only had 15 minutes to get there, so I drove while he filled out the forms on his phone. (Rapid test was negative. He won't get the PCR results until he's back in NC.)

Fortunately, it's right next to a Lidl, so I was able to pick up some groceries while I waited. Slim pickings - the delivery truck had apparently broken down - but I was able to get some fresh produce and cover meals for the rest of the week.

Stepped on the scale again this morning and was happy to see I'm back down within a pound of my pre-Christmas weight, a nice little jump-start to the year. I'm still being lazy about logging, but I'm watching my portions and at least considering healthier choices.

JFT Tuesday, 1/4
    Mindful eating
    Stay hydrated
    30 min walk or stationary bike
    Recycling
    One chore
    Lego project
    Catch up with JFT posts
    Bed by midnight? We'll see.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    First day back at work today and I ended up having to scramble home to make an emergency vet appointment for my cat this evening. Got home late and was so hungry and tempted by snacks but stuck to the plan and am well within goal - yay!

But I am now behind on other tasks and a bit disorganised at work. It will be a bit of a ‘wing it’ effort for the next three days I think!

Forgot to post goals this am so am catching up below. Must do better tomorrow. I’m determined to stay consistent on here so need to make sure I fit in time to post and log.

Sending hugs and high fives as needed and will catch up on my reading of posts tonight x

Monday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 2.4m
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Water ✅
    Online shopping return ☑️ Label sorted but need to send
    Prep topic document for next term ✅
    Pack and prep for work ✅

Tuesday goals:
    Morning run ✅ 2m
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Water ✅
    No staffroom treats ✅
    Call vet ✅
    Leave on time ✅
    Phoebe to J at 6 ✅
    Order plants before discount deadline ❌ I think I have a day or so…
    Return lampshade ❌😕
    Planning ☑️ Enough to cover tomorrow, but need to do more.
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm except my dose of metamusal.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oops, I was still posting on the old thread :D
    Guess I'm still mentally out of it

I just recovered from Covid, so I'm a little late starting off the new year, and I gained a few pounds back while sick

I hope you all had lovely holidays

JFT 01/04
    - Log everything
    - 64 oz of water
    - 15 min of cardio
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - tasted a little while I was cooking. I do allow that, but just wanted to mention that it was a little outside my previous commitment. Now I won't eat again until after 5 pm.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - Remote would be preferable to a revolving door of quarantines and sickness.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/4 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 1/3), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/2)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/6✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/3)✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, up to 1 oz of nut gift OK today✔️
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 12/13)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today✔️

JFT for 1/5 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 1/3), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/2)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/6
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/3)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, up to 1 oz of nut gift OK today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 12/13)
    8) None of DH's treats today.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - January 3
    Log all Food - 🙂
    1.5 L of water - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 🙂
    Exercises - 👿

JFT - January 4
    Log all Food
    1.5 L of water
    Gratitude journal
    Exercises
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I’ve read through but didn’t have time to make notes. It was a long day today. I’ll try harder tomorrow night.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday Jan 4
    get up with alarm ❌
    devotional early 🌺
    music only, be productive 🌺
    pack pack pack, be nice if DH doesn't pitch in🌺 sort of, really tried to get DH to pitch in, DH still sick and bummed about the car seat being stuck
    don't forget regular chores!! 🌺 laundry yay
    eat late 🌺 woohoo, was going to get sidetracked by snacking but stuck to packing
    dishes before bed 🌺
    less than 1600 calories 🌺
    music, tea, crafts? 🌺 did tea now, no room for crafts...
    device free evening, try 9:30pm

JFT Wednesday Jan 5
    Devotional A.M.
    get up with alarm, nap later
    music playing and focus on packing or cleaning out garage
    find more boxes
    *mail item***
    take in skirt before dinner
    eat late
    dishes before bed
    <1600 calories
    device free at 9:30pm

@Bex953172 Snow was one thing I thought I'd never see, since I grew up in the south of USA. One year we had slush in the south and I made a "snow man" that was a couple of inches tall! The first time I arrived up here in the Inland Northwest, there was snow everywhere! It was so wonderful!! Now I've gotten to not only see it but live in it for several years. I hope you get that for your kids too someday. Maybe one day if you are in a place with lots of snow and it's powder snow, you should make them snow icecream (powder snow, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla). It has to be powder snow, because you can't make your snowman and eat him too! :tongue: Oh I'm sorry to hear about your giant snowman rolling away from you! I'm sure your mom thought she was helping.
    I hope your new routine/school goes well, and that you do a little something to destress.

@serendipity_84 Welcome! Congrats for getting started on finding what little habits work for you in your own journey to health. You can get healthy even if you can't really exercise. Tracking my food has had a lot more impact for me than I thought it would (especially compared to my exercise progress). It is hard to say "no" when others are so busy snacking! Good for you for making your health a priority! You can do it!

@ZizzyBumble 8 glasses of water! I'm still working at 5. Nice job!
    Yeah, we've had to move in a hurry once when our apartment was uninhabitable (roof leak they wouldn't fix --> black mold). I'm already happier that I can actually organize things into labeled boxes. We have to be strategic with what we're taking, even planning for some building supplies here rather than there, depending on what's available (there appears to be a shortage at our destination for some of the things in our "must have some variation of this" budget). It appears that God is arranging things as items get ticked off our list. And yes, decluttering is nice too, but also hard. I think for me it's dealing with disappointment. So often, so painfully often, I try something and it just doesn't work out for me even if I see others being so successful. So that's the challenge for me at the moment. That and getting everything to fit in the truck. But I'm looking forward to it. Some of the dreams we've had that we'd given up on are looking possible now!

@MLHC1 Feel better soon!

@cschmitz110515 Pretty sunset!

@pridesabtch Here's to hoping that something happens to stop your snowball effect (happens to me to), that this day and then on starts to get better! (((hugs))) I hope you find a way to destress no matter the stormy mood in the other room. Sometimes it's hard to ignore. Headphones and a favorite tune?

@more_freggies76 I admire your consistency and specific goals!

@beachwalker99 @Faebert @Janele0627 @Snowflake1968 Hello!

@mytime6630 I'm sorry about the drama. I hope you were able to destress this evening. Everybody makes their own choices.