262 lb to 180.2 lb

jessienani
jessienani Posts: 60 Member
edited January 2022 in Success Stories
f3gpzkqph1e6.jpeg
klrlfth72v4d.png
7m3u9qht8yjt.png
y6of79j3a0l5.png

I started at 262 pounds for my heaviest weigh in. I knew I needed to make a change for the better! I ended up using a TDEE Calculator website and found my caloric intake for weight loss and stuck to that! I am still sticking to it as I have some fat on the lower belt that I want to lose!

I never really cared about macros other than protein. I did a high protein diet with lots and lots of chicken (I can and do eat it every single day and never get tired of it). My fat intake in generally low and my carb intake is moderate.

I love that I am feeling healthy and strong!

Replies

• oakster69
    oakster69 Posts: 55 Member
    Great results! I have just recently altered my diet to up my protien. I am looking at 35% protein. Do you think the high protein percentage helped you in your weight loss or is that just how you wanted to eat?
  • jessienani
    oakster69 wrote: »
    Great results! I have just recently altered my diet to up my protien. I am looking at 35% protein. Do you think the high protein percentage helped you in your weight loss or is that just how you wanted to eat?

Great question! I feel like it really helped me curb my hunger but more importantly I noticed early on when I was experimenting with my macros that if I ate more protein I was experiencing less muscle loss during the process. However, I am sure there were many factors going into that beside protein intake.

Going forward I am keeping my protein at 1gram per pound of body weight a day.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Great work! How tall are you?
  • jessienani
    Great work! How tall are you?

5'10"
  • biglandro
    biglandro Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2022
    Nice job!!!
    what your routine look like and how long it takes from 262 to 182
  • jessienani
    biglandro wrote: »
    Nice job!!!
    what your routine look like and how long it takes from 262 to 182

Monday: Brazilian Jiujitsu Class 1.5 hours. Plus I take two 20 minute walks during the day.
    Tuesday: Brazilian Jiujitsu Class 1 hour. Plus two 20 minute walks during the day.
    Wednesday-Sunday: My routine varies but I'll either have a Chest & Tricep day, Back & Biceps & Shoulders, or leg day. Try to hit each muscle group at least once and usually always end all my days with doing some sort of ab circuit.

I try to do 4-6 different exercises for each body part and do about 3-4 set for 8-12 reps.

Since I grapple I want to stay fairly strong but also be able to move around easily.

My caloric intake varies. Generally, I eat around 2400 calories a day, but on days I grapple I usually up it by 100-200 calories.
  • hunter041
    hunter041 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for providing the information on your weight loss journey and Great Job! I too am into MMA and it has been very helpful so far.
  • kcconforti5449
    kcconforti5449 Posts: 1 Member
    atrgemini - I really enjoyed your previous post that told your story. Very honest. Its more helpful to hear people's struggles (plateaus!) than to hear how "easy" it was. Great job!! You look awesome.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Excellent work! Good for you! Great going!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    atrgemini wrote: »
    Damn dude. Good for you. Very similar trajectories, you and I. At 5"10, that's similar to what I'm staring at.

Started at 274
    Sitting at 213
    Target at 180
    Height at 5'11.5" - 6'0
    Time to current weight: 6 months

I'm staring at the next 33 pounds very hard. Giving me hope, though - I'd hoped to be done cutting by now, but no such luck. The 220 plateau screwed me up good.cruad82m1gj5.jpg

You are doing great, too! I hear ya on the plateau! Let us keep going!
  • atrgemini
    atrgemini Posts: 50 Member
    @jessienani I wanted to come back here to ask about your intermittent fasting; I realized the original post didn't discuss it but did have it tagged. Specifically, during your cutting period, to the best of your memory.

I finished January @ 206.4; or rather, this is where I intentionally stopped on January 28th to bulk and keep my body confused (for the last 3 days I have consumed in excess with lighter than normal exercise). What was your intermittent fasting strategy while cutting? I employ the following:

Monday-Friday = 24 hour fast, usually 6pm to 6pm the following day, on a calorie deficit and 2 hours minimum of exercise a day (intense cardio)
    Saturday-Sunday = flexible on calories, usually a margin of +/- 30% of my usual deficit, with multiple meals (lunch and dinner) and 2 hours minimum of exercise a day (intense cardio)

I'm asking because I am still trying to hit my target weight of 180 by end of March and want to see where you had the most success in order to emulate. I'm thinking of working around your strategy of protein consumption as well, and sticking to a diet high in fish and chicken + greens/rice.
  • kb64506a
    kb64506a Posts: 3 Member
    Looks like you're doing great. Great goal achievement...keep it up!
  • cherylscott4
    cherylscott4 Posts: 23 Member

great job; I wish my son could meet you. He is at 325 pounds.
  • rafaelaxxx
    rafaelaxxx Posts: 4 Member
    wow awesome !!!!
  • atrgemini
    atrgemini Posts: 50 Member
    @jessienani How's your training going? Still grinding over here - finally started my core work and lifting. Clocked in at 197 today; came back here to draw inspiration from your photos!
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Incredible job! 👏🏼👏🏼
    I also do the high protein, moderate carb and low fat diet and I’ve found it to be the most sustainable.
  • greeneyes2129
    greeneyes2129 Posts: 3 Member
    Great job! I started at 268.8 and am working my way to 180.
  • neffybetty
    neffybetty Posts: 26 Member
    You look amazing! good job
  • queenmccloud
    queenmccloud Posts: 1 Member
    Wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!