Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 173

Replies

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    @mrsrebeccaplude
    Eggs are a quick easy option, if you like 'em.

@39flavours
    Have you read Where the Crawdads Sing?
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,800 Member
    edited January 2022
    @enlightenme3 I’m curious what kind of dried fruit you eat to increase your protein. 1 oz of raisins (supposedly HIGH in protein) have 1 gram protein and 29 g of carbs. Greek yogurt is good.
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,523 Member
    @mrsrebeccaplude- you asked about adding extra protein.... I make hard boiled eggs and add them to salad or just eat them with salad dressing or s&p. I take a container of OJ and add plain or vanilla whey protein powder to it and keep it in an ice chest, so I can drink that instead of eating the sugary oatmeal my friend is offering for breakfast, or just to have on the road, and it’s quick. I also keep chocolate whey powder on hand and like that mixed in milk.
    Karen
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Chalmation wrote: »
    @mrsrebeccaplude
    Eggs are a quick easy option, if you like 'em.

@39flavours
    Have you read Where the Crawdads Sing?

Oo I haven't heard of it, just read the blurb and it's got great reviews, sounds like a cross between Nell and the Jungle Book, I'll download a sample and give it a try, thank you!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,477 Member
    @enlightenme3 I’m curious what kind of dried fruit you eat to increase your protein. 1 oz of raisins (supposedly HIGH in protein) have 1 gram protein and 29 g of carbs. Greek yogurt is good.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that dried fruit had protein. It's my additive to the non-fat greek yogurt (which has the protein) :-). I have not tried protein powder yet and not sure that I will, but always on the hunt for lower calorie protein sources that fit into a vegetarian diet.