• pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bump :)

Keep posting recipes guys - these will get us through the cold winter months!
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Roasted Fall Vegetable Soup - my go to delicious Fall soup (I have some for lunch today!): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/phocid/view/roasted-fall-in-a-bowl-147770

Enjoy!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • evelyngrice
    Options
    Roasted Fall Vegetable Soup - my go to delicious Fall soup (I have some for lunch today!): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/phocid/view/roasted-fall-in-a-bowl-147770

Enjoy!

Sounds yummy :)
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Quinoa Soup

1 can or fresh tomatoes
    black beans
    1/2 cup quinoa
    corn kernals
    garlic paste
    cillantro
    red chili pepper paste
    - really anything else you would like-
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    YUM! I love soups!
  • mayandreamer
    mayandreamer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    bump... need some soup with lots of veggies.
  • christijhill
    Options
    Egg Drop Soup (NOT LIKE A RESTAURANT)- Here is a simple soup that is hot and great for a fast fix. Simply simmer water in a saucepan, add chicken boullion to taste (I like "Better Than Boullion-no MSG!), chives or green onion bits, and whisk in an egg, continually stirring with wisk. Don't bring it to a hard rolling boil or a kind of eggy scum forms on the top. You want to wisk in the egg before the water gets all the way hot so that it doesn't cook up into little chunks before you can blend it into the broth. Just calculate calories based on your ingredients used.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cherfu
    Options
    bump
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    These sound so yummy, I love fall soups and cooking :) thanks
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    bump
  • evelyngrice
    Options
    I will post a new recipe tomorrow when I am back home :)
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I came up with this one several years ago when my husband came back from a conference raving about a wonderful soup he'd had that seemed like a cross between chili and vegetable soup.

Julie's Veggie-Chili

6-8 c. water
    1 can beef broth
    3 large potatoes, cubed (omit for SBD or substitute some diced cauliflower core)
    2 large carrots, sliced
    1 c. corn (I use frozen)
    1 lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef
    24 oz. tomato sauce
    1 can chili beans (I'll use at least 2 to make up for the potatoes)
    Salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder to taste

Bring water and broth to boil. Reduce heat and add (potatoes and) carrots and simmer gently till tender (half hour to an hour) and liquid has reduced to the desired consistency. Add corn. Brown meat in a skillet; drain and season to taste. Add meat, tomato sauce and beans to soup. Season to taste. Continue to simmer till well heated. Makes about a gallon.

Note: I sometimes add green beans that I've cut into 1/2" pieces, but I cook them separately till very tender and are well seasoned (or throw in leftovers from a prior meal), because I detest crunchy green beans.
  • Jewels211
    Options
    Crockpot Beef Veggie Soup
    maybe 1/2 lb. very lean beef roast, cut into small cubes
    7-8 skinny carrots, sliced/cubed
    1 stick celery
    1/2 a medium turnip, diced (you could use potatoes, but I do SBD, so don't eat them)
    Diced onion to taste
    1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
    1 can chili hot beans with sauce/gravy/whatever your can calls the liquid
    1 medium carton beef broth (don't remember how many oz...maybe 20something? not the little carton that is the same as a can, but the next one up)
    Seasoned salt and black pepper to taste

I just tossed all the solid ingredients in the pot at night, then added the liquids and some seasoned salt and stirred it up. Tasted the next morning when I got up after it had cooked about 8 hours, added more seasoning salt and black pepper and let it cook another hour or so because the carrots and turnips were still a bit too firm for me.
  • Jewels211
    Options
    bump... need some soup with lots of veggies.

Here's a soup a friend who eats mostly vegetarian shared with me. You could add your meat of choice at the beginning right after the onion and garlic (and I'd start it in olive oil rathe than water) and use the appropriate meat/poultry broth if you wanted.

Barley Vegetable Soup

2 Tbsp water
    1 large Onion - diced
    1 clove Garlic - presses or minced
    3 large plum tomatoes - diced
    1/2 tsp Oregano
    1/2 tsp Basil
    1/2 tsp Pepper
    6 cups of Vegetable bouillon/broth/stock
    3 Carrots - diced
    3 stalks Celery - diced
    1 small Zucchini - diced
    3/4 cups Barley - soaked for 1/2 hour
    1 cup Frozen Peas

Heat the 2 tbsp. water in a stockpot over low heat. Cook the garlic and onion in the water until the onion is soft, adding water as
    necessary to prevent sticking. Keep the lid on between stirrings. Add tomatoes and cook another few minutes until the pieces break
    down. Add herbs and spices. Add stock, carrots, celery, zucchini and barley. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add frozen peas and cook another 10 to 15 minutes. (I'd thaw the peas under warm running water for a minute before adding to the pot to keep them from dropping the temperature of the soup too much.)
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Creamy Cauliflower Soup - ate this all winter and into spring last year, can't wait to make again this fall.

Soften a couple cups of chopped onion in a tiny splash of olive oil, add a few cloves of garlic, a bunch of chopped up celery (great place to use the leaves), a head of cauliflower, and a couple cartons of chicken broth. Simmer for about 30-40 minutes, until all is tender. Puree into a delicious and filling cream soup for about 35 calories per bowl. The cauliflower makes this super creamy without having to add any dairy.

Sounds yummy!!!!