January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    Nice run @kgirlhart . There would be no question in my mind....if I ran in those temperatures you were supposed to have today, it would be on the treadmill. I guess that's one good thing about being a weather wimp - I don't have to spend time worrying over whether to run outside or not. LOL

Sounds like a great run @marisap2010 !

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Faebert Ouch! Glad only your hose and pride got injured!

@quilteryoyo Sorry to hear you and your mom are sick again and glad that you are already feeling better. I agree that everyone will catch it at some point. So goes endemic viruses, unfortunately. With my job dealing with a high risk population, most of the people I work with are very careful, so we haven’t had any infections over the last couple of years. But with this new strain we are finally starting to have some people catch it. I’m starting to feel like a little bit of a unicorn since my family pod of five (me, husband, kid, and grandparents) have all managed to not catch it yet, especially with school going back to in person this year and the number of patients at our center basically back to normal. My kid’s school is now having a second peak with daily new cases at the same level that they were right after school started back in August, but more of the teachers are out this time compared to the first go around.

@Scott6255 Love “sneasy” but sorry that’s how your run felt. Today will be my first run post-race and I fear I may be in the same boat. Our vocabulary is developing nicely!

Everyone who is getting snow, stay safe! The cold finally reached us last night, and we’re headed into a few days of chilly temps with lows below freezing. That sounds like no big deal compared to what you all are going through. I actually kind of like this weather, but I only get it for a few days at a time. It would probably get old if I had to deal with it for months on end.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I read on the local news facebook post that it was supposed to be the warmest day in the next two weeks. That was unwelcome news, as it wasn't all that warm. We are heading for below zero again for the weekend and that makes me cranky. Anyway, I ran 4 miles on neighborhood streets that were at least well plowed and it was warm enough not to be too icy. This morning I reverted to the treadmill for a warmup before strength training. Both runs and the workout seemed extra hard these last two days. I'm tired and ready for the weekend - the stupidly cold weekend. Thank goodness I have happy hour planned tonight to get my attitude adjusted :)

Same here but it's only supposed to get down to 10F. But the weather-related crankiness is real!
  • Teresa502
    edited January 2022
    Options
    We didn't get too much snow this morning. Just enough to make all the patches that melted yesterday white and snow covered again. Knowing this was coming, I ran the last two days in a row so I think it's a good day for a rest day!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Stay warm this weekend. Remember, every day that passes we are one day closer to spring. You are doing great getting out when you do.

Thanks @martaindale . I'm glad your family pod hasn't gotten it yet and hope it stays that way. At least the new variant doesn't seem to be making most people as sick, so it you do get it, maybe it won't be too bad. Our symptoms seem to be lessening, except I am coughing a little more (still not much). We're just still tired and don't want to do anything. At least we are blaming that on CoVID. :wink:

@cowgirlslikeus86 You don't have to lurk just because you are injured. Let us know about your walking and hiking. We like to hear those reports too.

I walked another mile on the treadmill today. I started to do more, but haven't been sleeping the best and was still feeling really tired. I not sure that I'm not just being lazy, but I am blaming that on CoVID and hope I will feel like doing more tomorrow. Mom and I are progressing well...like I said, just tired and unmotivated with a little coughing and runny nose and congestion thrown in for good measure.

I don't know if you recall I lost the data in my 2021 running spreadsheet when my computer had to be worked on. We weren't able to recover it, so I've been working on re-entering everything from my running journal. I finally got it done last night. I thought I did pretty well, considering I had open heart surgery in January and have had back issues since October. My best month was July with 77.6 miles ran and 31 miles walked. My lowest month was December when I only ran 2.25 miles, but did walk 33. I couldn't believe that I had only ran once the entire month.

2021 : Ran 353.47 miles Walked 444.77 miles Total 798.24 miles

2020: Ran 534.44 miles Walked 206.82 miles Total 741.26 miles

2019: Ran 270.92 miles Walked 233.03 miles Total 503.95 miles

These are the only years that I have kept data. I was sporadic with my running before that. My totals have gone up every year, so I'll take that as a win, I guess.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Stay warm all of you with the crazy low temps! It will get down to below freezing here this weekend. Not a fan!

Welcome, @cowgirlslikeus86! Please feel free to post any exercise you are doing. Many on here also post about other activities.

@quilteryoyo, it is awesome that you were able to put together all your data and that 2021 was so successful despite everything!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @Faebert ! I was pleased with my total mileage last year. I would love to get back to the 2020 level of running miles though. We'll have to wait and see what the ortho says in a couple of weeks about running long distances. I hope you can get back to longer runs this year too.

Nice treadmill work @Scott6255 . Glad it was almost enjoyable. :lol:

Thanks @marisap2010 .

@kgirlhart Nice running in those temps. That's about what my temps are here this morning and I can't imagine actually running outside.

@shanaber Glad you were able to get out for your run/walk. Hope you were able to find a bathroom that wasn't flooded. That must have really been a hard thing to see. Running in those strong winds is hard. I noticed that we are staying pretty close to on goal for RTW. I hope I will be able to contribute more soon and help out more than one mile a day.

Makes total sense to me @Tramboman . Whatever it takes to get the motivation you need.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Do we have set pace requirements for each of our categories of runs? Can I add a new one Scrappy? kind of a cross between slow and ........y

It was frigid here this morning but I took yesterday off because the wind was gale force. The whole first mile my entire lower body was telling me to stop stop stop. I felt like if someone had touched my hips or thighs with a hammer I would have shattered. Finally by mile 4 I felt like i could run normally.

brrrrrrrr

Scrappy is brilliant! 😂 There’s basically a fun phrase book coming along here, isn’t there?

I did a very short run on the treadmill this morning. I meant to do 2.1m to even myself up but felt weirdly sick so had to cut it even shorter. Tomorrow should be an outdoor run day so will kick up the mileage a bit. Still on course to double my Jan goal though, so all good.

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m
    5/1: 1m
    6/1: 2m
    7/1: 2.05m
    8/1: 2.7m
    9/1: 1.8m
    10/1: 2m
    11/1: 1.7m
    12/1: 2.25m
    13/1: 3.11m
    14/1: 2m
    15/1: 3.11m
    16/1: 2m
    17/1: 2m
    18/1: 2.5m
    19/1: 2m
    20/1: 3.11m
    21/1: 1.75m

Jan total: 45.7m
    Jan target: 30m
  • Teresa502
    Options
    1/3 – 7.02 miles
    1/4 – 6.02 miles
    1/5 – 5.08 miles
    1/6 – 4.03 miles
    1/8 – 8.03 miles
    1/9 – 4.75 miles
    1/10 – 3.10 miles (treadmill)
    1/11 – 5.12 miles
    1/13 – 5.03 miles
    1/14 – 5.16 miles
    1/16 – 1.14 miles
    1/17 – 2.04 miles (crazy laps)
    1/18 – 5.11 miles
    1/19 – 5.54 miles
    1/21 – 5 miles
    January Total – 72.17 miles

I met a couple of friends at 5 this morning. It was a little breezy and the temp was 25F so not too bad if you were moving. I forgot to start my Garmin but they did so we managed to get 5 miles in before work.

@quilteryoyo – So impressed with your activity level considering all your health issues last year!

@shanaber – I think we need to recruit another member to our RTW team. I’m sure vacations and injuries (hopefully none, but, well, life...) will put more than one speedbump on our road. Anyone interested? @tramboman? We could use those sleazy miles of yours! Who else isn’t on our team?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier 👍 for 'scrappy'
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    1/1 – 6.11
    1/2 – 6.21
    1/4 – 6.31
    1/5 – 5.11
    1/7 - 7.05
    1/8 - 6.32
    1/10 - 6.03
    1/12 - 6.03
    1/13 - 6.03
    1/14 - 6.03
    1/15 - 6.03
    1/18 - 8.11
    1/19 - 6.05
    1/21 - 6.02

87.44 of 160 miles

Welcome @cowgirlslikeus85 hope the back is feeling better soon.

@quilteryoyo sounds like you have a mild case (and mom too), hope it stays that way. Skip is annoyed she needs to get the booster for work, I said weight your options, no booster no ESPN job, booster you can work, see how that goes. LOL Great stats!

@martindale Skip and I are with you and your family. I don’t know how we managed to miss it so far, but we have. I actually read somewhere when it first started that TB shots given in Russia before a certain date gave them an immunization it seemed, Skip fell into that time period.
    Our schools are out next week, virtual learning because so many of the school staff is out.

Ha ha! @shanaber we’ll complain all summer about the heat don’t worry. Dang I’m working so much I never got a chance to site see in Milan! I agree with @Teresa502 maybe we can get another member to join.

The weather isn’t my friend here either, it was 23 this morning with 15 mph winds. There’s a reason I moved to the south and this wasn’t it. Skip is in school in Mobile, way down there on the southern coast and schools closed because of the cold. I said it’s 35 there are you all nuts LOL

Hi @NBQANYMORE welcome to our group. We have walkers, hikers, runners from 1 mile to ultras, come aboard.