WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 142.0, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, mfp50+, CI<CIO.
    Bonus: chiro, recycling, Freddie’s, hymns
    Workin’ on it: H20x4,
    Happier January 2022
    22: Plan something fun and invite others to join you. Wine and nails with C and T? Stroll/chat with D?

No nightmares and Thursday’s CI<CO ended up great. Struggling a little tonight. Step count slipping too. On the plus side, pooches were enthusiastic about play training this morning. Felt like spring at the powerline, 60 degrees, no wind, blue sea and sky.

Carla in MN ((hugs)) so hard to watch your mom suffer and cry and be powerless to help. :cry: ((hugs))
    Heather lovely pics and brava for “…just listening.” That’s the greatest gift of all!
    Kay ((hugs)) words fail. ((hugs))
    Rori “renewal in progress” Brava. ((hugs))
    Michele con VERY gratulations to Dr. Jess and to you and Vince for supporting her through to this!
    Machka “… another day older and deeper in debt. . .” Hooray for gardening and enjoying summer. Reward for completing uni.

Oops, there were more but Joe’s up now so time to scoot!
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    nt7cvx6xhdsy.gif
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,316 Member
    Options
    Barbara- It’s funny how annoyed I was, and how envious, of my other friend's somewhat pontificating words! >:) L and I had a good laugh about it, as A is well-known for this kind of thing, but it did bring L comfort and was wise, though a little premature, in my opinion. :#
    It basically said, in a very spiritual mystical way, 'You are better off without him and you have a whole new better life ahead'.
    True for many in a long-term relationship and definitely true for A!! :p:p

No writing on Saturdays. Reading the Guardian Day. I will do a tiny bit of research first to find another quote I want. I'm looking at the nature of romantic and obsessive love.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,066 Member
    Options
    fizzfizz wrote: »
    My goodness, you’re an inspiring lot! I’ve had a hectic January at work so far and had no idea how much there was to catch up on …

Machka - your cycle rides inspired me to dust my bike off and your running is incredible, go you
    Chantal - welcome to the party and how fab is your 2022 To Do list, I hope it’s going well
    Heather - I love your beach photos, I must hit the coast sometime soon and hope I can look as stylish as your beautiful, beachside friend
    Lisa - you're making me hungry, I can smell that bread from here ;)

Portion-watch has gone super well, along with daily strolls, but while I’ve dropped a few lbs, motivation was waning a little till I came on here. Thanks for sharing your stories and your energy, I’m now ready to blast through this week with renewed calorie-burning vigour :D

How did your week go? :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    I always set my health & wellness goals in January which is my birthday month. I just turned 67.

My goals this year are to:
    (1) Lose twenty pounds I’ve gained during Covid (148 to 128).
    (2) Walk, cycle, swim or row a total of 2,022 miles which is a nice round number celebrating the year.
    (3) Complete my first 100 mile cycling ride.
    (4) Commit to having meaningful conversations that reconnect with at least 24 people over the years that I’ve lost contact with.

Here’s to a healthy 2022!

Brandy, Hedgesville, West Virginia

100 mile bicycle rides are (or were) my area of expertise. :) I've done a lot, but none in the past almost 4 years. My husband had a workplace accident which meant our cycling stopped entirely for a while, but we are gradually building up again. A few weeks ago, we did our longest ride since the accident: 64 km.

Travelling under your own power (walking, cycling, swimming or rowing) 2200 miles is a great goal!! I like it. I may borrow it. :grin:

Let us know how you're going with the training to build up to that 100 mile ride and your progress toward 2200 miles in general.

Cheers!
    Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to Michele and Jess!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Michele, Congratulations to Dr. Jess and to you for all your support to her. On another subject, we frequently decline invitations to events that are not to our liking by saying that we're "not available" or "that doesn't work for us"

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I also use, "it doesn't fit into our schedule".

We don't have to provide details to anyone. I might be relaxing with my feet up, music on, and my colouring book at hand then!! :)

M in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Congrats to Dr. Jess! I feel like we have lived with you through the years of her training/studying and now she has finally finished. I'm sure she will be an excellent vet.

Rori ~ You have been through so much this past year and I so admire you for all you do to move on with your life.

Hugs to all!

Carol in GA :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,289 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi all. Just chilling after lunch and catching up. I had a short trip to our local shops before lunch. Finally managed to get some LFTs in the chemist.

Michele: 🥳 congrats 🥳 to Dr Jess
    Rori: Bravo for stepping out of your comfort zone.
    Lisa: I never used to feel the cold, but when I lost the weight I started to feel it. Of course it could also be my aging bones 😂
    Heather: I think it’s the time of year when we get restless. It’s like a kind of limbo between winter and spring. I often use my phone to write. When I’m out and about it’s so convenient.
    Machka: I get antsy if I get too comfortable. A little stress adds spice to life.
    Betsy: The moon has been wonderful this week. We had the Wolf Moon on 17th and clear skies most evenings. Magical.
    Carla: Dementia is the pits. It’s so hard on families. (((Hugs)))

Update on Nephew's wife
    She is still in hospital. If meds do not work she may be facing a transplant so prayers are appreciated.

Sorry to hear that. (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I’ve pleased to report that I have dropped back down to my pre Christmas weight. On maintenance again.

Good wishes to those who need them.

Love from ☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Michelle – Congratulations on your daughter’s Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. What an accomplishment! WTG, Jess!!! :star:

Rori - Mars is an exceptional kitty, and wonderful companion. :heart:

Allie - Sending good thoughts about your care of your dad and the kindness & care you gave him. As I remember, you were also kind to Tom’s dad. :flowerforyou:

Machka – Your photo is lovely!!! :star:

Margaretturk - I am sorry to hear that your nephew’s wife is in the hospital. I hope the meds work, and she will not require a transplant. :heart:

We are doing okay these days, but I miss my dog every day. I’ve been trying to locate a puppy but haven’t found one so far. I think it may be too early in the season. My beloved dog, Schooner, is my face on MFP. I so miss that dog.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
    bqss602m0un0.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Michelle- Congratulations to Jess she has worked long and hard for her DVM..you and Vince must be so very proud..
    Machka- you wrote 16 tons and what do you get? And I started singing another year older and deeper in debt... anyone remember that song?who was that Tennessee Ernie Ford?
    Its 17 degrees here today ,have to run down and pick up meds at the pharmacy and then come home and do some laundry..
    Tracy said Miles was fussy last night while Kyle was holding him,so he passed him over to Carmine and Miles quieted right down.. well thats a step in the right direction.
    Miles going to watch boxing tonight with dad.. thats Kyles thing...so there ya go..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie - I loved to listen to Tennessee Ernie Ford long ago. What a fabulous voice! Sixteen Tons was a favorite for my mom & me.
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Katla, Schooner is gorgeous... hope you find a pup. Missing my dogs that died is like having a hole in my life. When my Sam died, I was never going to get another dog because I didn't want to hurt that bad again. Then I got Pogo and Skobud and I hurt when they both died of cancer in their early teen years. I was never going to get another dog, it hurt too much to lose them. Well 7 years ago my son found a litter of pups at the Nome AK dump and he took a picture of the runt and that is my Ella. She brings me such joy. I'm so glad you're looking for a new furry companion.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Options
    Flea I'm sorry for your drama situation. Hope for the best! Take care of yourself.

Annie in Delaware