JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,189 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @pridesabtch

Although the bipolar and finances thing concerned me... Ash does the finances and has bipolar. What exactly should I be worried about or keep an eye on?
    We've had to switch banks and I'm still waiting on my application for a joint account. So I can't actually "see" the money at this point.
    It's also hard to 'take over'. Its always been his thing to do so me suggesting that I do it from now on doesn't exactly go down well or never actually happens.

My husband and I both make over 6 figures, but I ran up over $100k in credit card debt. If we Had money I spent it, I can’t even tell you what I spent it on. There were times I had to borrow money from his parents to pay our mortgage. I just didn’t have a plan beyond the moment. He assumed since we didn’t get any late notice that everything was fine. Then one day our electric got shut off. I had stopped looking at the bills entirely and was just paying what I thought they were. Which turned out to be too little for too many months in a row. It’s like I knew things were out of control, but I didn’t know how to fix it. He had always just trusted me. I mean I’m a math nerd, who would suspect that I couldn’t handle addition & subtraction. Since he’s taken over the bills, about 5 years, we are out of debt, the kids college is funded and we have savings again. He doesn’t control what I spend, I can actually buy whatever I want though I usually tell him if it will be over a couple hundred dollars. Like I said I don’t know where the money went before, I had nothing to show for it. I really can’t explain it. Other than there is no way we should have been financially struggling, but we were.

@Bex .. our daughter is also bipolar. Before she was diagnosed, she was making over $70,000 a year.. living in a one bedroom apartment which cost at that time $600 a month. We could not figure out where her money was going .. as she had nothing to show for it, and was in serious debt. She was having bill collectors call her constantly ... 3 credit cards maxed out. Once she was diagnosed we understood. We had to file bankruptcy for her. But she still has problems now, even being on medication. This is why I handle all her disability money to be sure rent and bills are paid. If I give her money for groceries it goes towards other things .. so I have to go with her to make sure that is what the money is used for. She works when she can, and that money is also all gone.. even though very little is spent on her actual living expenses. These are the characteristics of someone with bipolar. So I think if you are having Ash handle all your financials .. maybe you might just want to look at stuff from time to time??
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,311 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @pridesabtch

Although the bipolar and finances thing concerned me... Ash does the finances and has bipolar. What exactly should I be worried about or keep an eye on?
    We've had to switch banks and I'm still waiting on my application for a joint account. So I can't actually "see" the money at this point.
    It's also hard to 'take over'. Its always been his thing to do so me suggesting that I do it from now on doesn't exactly go down well or never actually happens.

@Bex .. our daughter is also bipolar. Before she was diagnosed, she was making over $70,000 a year.. living in a one bedroom apartment which cost at that time $600 a month. We could not figure out where her money was going .. as she had nothing to show for it, and was in serious debt. She was having bill collectors call her constantly ... 3 credit cards maxed out. Once she was diagnosed we understood. We had to file bankruptcy for her. But she still has problems now, even being on medication. This is why I handle all her disability money to be sure rent and bills are paid. If I give her money for groceries it goes towards other things .. so I have to go with her to make sure that is what the money is used for. She works when she can, and that money is also all gone.. even though very little is spent on her actual living expenses. These are the characteristics of someone with bipolar. So I think if you are having Ash handle all your financials .. maybe you might just want to look at stuff from time to time??

Our therapist said it was not uncommon for bipolar people to do this, but mental illness is hush hush and nobody talks about financial troubles. Thank you for sharing, it makes me feel less alone.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    I forgot to post goals last evening, but got caught on a moving decision/problem with DH late into the night and all morning so......I did work on that.

Packed some and made some dinner.
    I feel like my brain has shut off all the cooking creativity. I'm stuck on soups and pizza since DH mentioned we have to go through our cheese because we won't have refrigeration for quite awhile. And much of the pantry is packed already (packing in order of box types so we know what we have to purchase more of; food goes in the better totes). How to get out of this funk while the pantry is packed up? I need to make more soup from freezer stuff so maybe soup tomorrow.

@littleblackskirt (((hugs)))) I'm sorry about your mom, that must be hard to go through.
    @beachwalker99 I hope today went better energy-wise.
    @cschmitz110515 How fun! I hope you enjoyed your fun run outdoors!
    @AJB1014 Hello! Good job on your progress!
    @pridesabtch Good job on your progress as well, in several ways - it's not just the scale where real progress is made. : )
    @mytime6630 Thank you! Some days I feel like I'm not going to get it all done in time, boxes everywhere, ordinances make my head spin....but it's an adventure and we've gotta go for it!
    Your quote was a nice one, thanks for sharing!
    @MLHC1 :smile:

JFT Saturday:
    Longer devotional, sit and focus on reading
    Make habit list
    Use planner
    journal while listening to calming music
    take a sip of water every time you think about moving/packing
    crafts okay with audiobook
    try to stay away from too much devices
    evening: plan Sunday's list and errands, packing, cleaning (tackle more of moldy garage?), make room to exercise again, take down shelves
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    @pridesabtch

I wouldn’t tell anyone in the real world this…

My husband and I both make over 6 figures, but I ran up over $100k in credit card debt. If we Had money I spent it, I can’t even tell you what I spent it on. We would go to but a car and he would ask me what we could afford, I’d look at the account and give him a number, but that number was based on nothing. He thought I had a budget and a plan, but I never did. I once sold my grandmother’s coin collection so we would have money on vacation. He still doesn’t know I did that. I was also very generous to others, sometimes to a fault. There were times I had to borrow money from his parents to pay our mortgage. I just didn’t have a plan beyond the moment. He assumed since we didn’t get any late notice that everything was fine. Then one day our electric got shut off. I had stopped looking at the bills entirely and was just paying what I thought they were. Which turned out to be too little for too many months in a row. It’s like I knew things were out of control, but I didn’t know how to fix it. He had always just trusted me. I mean I’m a math nerd, who would suspect that I couldn’t handle addition & subtraction. Since he’s taken over the bills, about 5 years, we are out of debt, the kids college is funded and we have savings again. He doesn’t control what I spend, I can actually buy whatever I want though I usually tell him if it will be over a couple hundred dollars. Like I said I don’t know where the money went before, I had nothing to show for it. I really can’t explain it. Other than there is no way we should have been financially struggling, but we were.

That makes ... Alot of sense.
    We always seem to get in debt with everything. Thanks for letting me know, I best get this joint account application moving!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Sorry for the troubles some have been through, but also very inspiring to see how well everyone is doing in picking back up. I’m in agreement with all those that say mental illness is just as valid, and in need of treatment, as physical illness, and I really do believe at some point in our lives all of us will experience this.

This week cravings have been hard and although I ended yesterday under goal, it definitely felt like a challenge and I only just sneaked under. Today I’ve been out for a run and I have various chores to keep me busy. Have a slightly sore throat and am very snotty, so I’ve wanted lots of fruit today. I’ve had an orange, strawberries and grapes but I now need to rein it in!

Friday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 1.75m
    Pack soup and yoghurt ✅
    Walk kids to school ☑️ halfway then they bumped into friends to walk with
    Print worksheets for next week ✅
    Sort Digital Resilience materials ❌ Got the feedback, which was good. Will tweak next week.
    Leave by 4:30✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Water ✅
    Bed by 11. ✅

Saturday goals:
    Morning run ✅ 3.11m
    Take P to friend’s house ✅
    Laundry
    Change sheets
    Cleaning
    Planters
    Finalise shed decision
    Stay within calorie goal
    Water
    Bed by 11
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited January 2022
    Wow, reading the life stories some have posted recently have been eye-opening. I want to hug each of you! What really hits me is that everyone here is trying to make things better, in whatever way they want or have to. Each of you is truly a fighter and you inspire me!

I wanted to share some photos from the Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K last night. I'll hide some in the spoiler, in case people don't want to bother with every photo. The wind chill was zero but my alpaca socks, various layers and hand warmers inside mittens kept me nice and warm. @mytime6630 I giggled when you talked about your temps. If we had 40s here, it would be a veritable heat wave and recordbreaking.

My Noxgear vest and headlamp helped with visibility on the darker sections of the trail (away from the downtown area). My knees felt pretty good, and I felt energized to be outside walking!

Just before race start on City Deck along the Fox River:
    krnvag4z27wp.jpg
    Me after, wearing my newest race beanie under my headlamp
    pn7ibrwt8fuw.jpg

Lit trees on City Deck
    0fpdnj1hv4cm.jpg

Lit trees & Bart Starr Memorial Bridge (one of the Packers greatest quarterbacks)
    8qn2r3ei57vs.jpg

Ray Nitschke Bridge (another of the Packers greats) lit in green & gold (team colors) for the NFC divisional playoff game in town Sat. night. Go Pack Go!
    c0y5wlwl6y4d.jpg

Packers Heritage Trail Plaza (downtown Green Bay) ~ we're a little obsessed with the home team here. Green Bay is known as Titletown.
    pxdxdpgb0bsi.jpg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Recap F 1/21
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 17.3K 30 floors 13/14
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :) guesstimates due to homemade food not made by me & post-race refreshments -131, high sodium (ack), fiber excellent, protein good, calcium low-ish, sugar high, 80 oz.
    3) Submit webinar summary form & CPE cert / finish review of AJNH working papers & shred as needed some day haha / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s / clear some emails :neutral: not worse LOL
    4) Charge phone before evening / quick supper / downtown by 5:45 / Frenzy on the Fox 5K (walkers start 6:05) = 4/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: just after / floss / retainers too tired / Voltaren / Calm app / no alarm Sat. (plans?) = 2.5/6

JFT Sat. 1/22
    1) Move hourly / keep stiff knee flexible
    2) Make big batch of chop suey / net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    3) Errands ~ not sure how much, with Packers game visitors, traffic this side of town will be horrible / declutter 15 min. / prep church offering / another ta-da?
    4) Watch 49ers vs. Packers divisional playoff game 7:15 p.m.
    5) Floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:30 alarm (9:00 church)

My knees were remarkably fine during the 5K last night. Tracked using MapMyWalk and finished in 53:47 for average pace of 16:30, faster than I anticipated so I was pleased. But by the time I drove home, my right knee had started to stiffen up and today it's quite stiff again. Guess I have to keep resting and not walking on the treadmill or try a walk with dog. That bums me out, especially because I wanted a good month for the You vs. the Year Challenge. Oh well, better to be healthy than rack up miles.

For those wondering what to wear to an outdoor race in frigid temps, I wore:
    • Under Armour Cold Gear mock neck long sleeve shirt
    • polyester long sleeve shirt (shirt from a different race)
    • fleece jacket
    • winter coat
    • fleece lined mittens
    • hand warmers inside mittens
    • leggings
    • winter walking pants
    • winter wind pants
    • alpaca socks
    • winter walking boots
    • fleece headband
    • race beanie (rec'd at check-in table)
    • fleece hood
    The layers did their job. When I finished, I was a little sweatty, including inside my mittens. I pulled the hood collar over above my nose when walking into the wind, but was so warm I had to pull it down going the other way.

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • registered for Frenzy on the Fox 5K on 1.21.22
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • pridesabtch

JFT Friday
    - Drop V at school by 10:00 :smiley:
    - Work by 10:15 :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Go over to B3 in the afternoon 😀
    - Leave work by 4:00😀
    - Log food😀
    - Stay green😀
    - Enjoy my day😀

Hubby, V & I went to the movies last night and watched Spiderman. I really enjoyed it, and not just because I got popcorn…

Hubby took V out yesterday to see if she could drive her car with one arm. He said she did well, but I’m mom and I’ma nervous wreck this morning as she is driving to theater practice.

No real plans today.

I appreciate the kind comments about my story. Life gets complicated sometimes. E persevere.

JFT Saturday
    - log food
    - Stay green
    - No alcohol

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Recap - Friday 1/21
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :/
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Indoor bike - :)
    Quick grocery shop - :)
    Straighten house for the weekend - Not much
    Bed by midnight - :)

JFT Saturday 1/22
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Indoor bike?
    Start sorting clothes to get rid of half
    Bed by midnight
  • mytime6630
    @cschmitz110515 -- I LOVE the pictures!! The lites are beautiful!! That was the thing I enjoy the most about the holidays .. walking amongst the beautiful lites.. but I only walk in our subdivision, so the lites were not nearly as pretty as yours. Hubby and I did go to our zoo this year to walk .. ha .. it was 60 degrees at xmas here!
    Thanks for sharing what you wear on your walks!
  • mytime6630
    I am really struggling for some reason this year .. just can't seem to get into this. I eat healthy ... and have mostly healthy snacks on hand .. but I know I still eat too much. Bordeom/ depression/mindless eating in the evening.

SO JFT, Friday
    1. log my food... I have not been doing this either
    2. concentrate on water. . not getting enough water. I think I eat when I should just drink water
    3. be mindful of snacks... while I sew, I've been "grazing" on things like nuts, raisins, etc. Last nite I ate 2 protein bars. Why?? I'm not even hungry
    Ha.. see I was off a day. Kept thinking yesterday was friday!

JFT, FRIDAY
    1. log all food :s
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. be mindful of snacks while sewing ... drink water :s
    4. positive thought :)

taking our daughter to grocery store, and maybe a quick trip to the bookstore. I think it will be good for her to do something fun. Today is friday, so that also means I can get her a smoothie ..fridays they are just $5.00. SO hope it works out tonite.

Last nite did not go totally as planned, but turned out OK. But ended up buying some peanut/pretzel/snack mix .. and ate too much last nite.
    today we are suppose to get near 40 .. so plan to get out soon for a long walk
    JFT, Sat
    1. LOG MY FOOD!!
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. eat a apple for a snack.. stop at that
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member
    @Snowflake1968 well done losing the weight while you couldn't exercise. Proof that keeping at it works!

@pridesabtch so happy for you that you've figured out what you need to enjoy exercise.

@cschmitz110515 that walk does look like fun, well done on your time! The lights are lovely, although I have to say if I lived where you do I'd want to hibernate until spring lol.

JFT Friday 21st Jan

Stay under maintenance yes
    Back exercises the easy ones
    Foot exercises (really sore right now) yes
    Walk yes, an hour in the woods with dog
    Clear away all the paperwork lying around (all "bitty" stuff from parents house, doesn't really have a home but can't be thrown out) most of it

It's too late to post goals for Saturday now, it's evening already. Family arrived before I got online this morning.
    I had breakfast, but then just snacked, I haven't actually eaten any meals.
    We did go to the park, and walked for a bit over an hour, so have had a bit of exercise.
    So it's been a fairly good day, just need to get a handle on my eating!
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    So, I have been dealing with a bout of depression, and have completely ignored myself the past couple of months. I am working really hard to feel back to normal!
    Just for today, I am getting my home back in order (not too bad, but still), and logging everything I eat and drink. I am not even going to stress about meeting the calorie or nutrient goals today. I want to get my body and mind in the habit of logging and recognition. I know the rest will come as long as I am consistent and determined.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2022
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Friday 01/21/2022

✅ Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ✅ MFP: review, post, and log diary
    ✅ Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ✅ AM self-care routine
    ✅ AM Kiddo routine
    ☑ Home exercises: ✅Yoga and ❌1-BBL DVDs
    ✅ GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, sauna
    ✅ Massage
    ✅ Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ✅ PM Kiddo routine
    ✅ Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ✅ PM self-care routine
    ✅ Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

@pridesabtch Thank you for sharing your story and trusting our friendship group!! Your story is inspirational!! ⭐🤗⭐

My parents never taught us how to manage finances growing up. However, I started life fairly young so I had to teach myself alot. I learned about "Dave Ramsay" through my church and his financial lessons are the reason for my budgeting success.

Financial health is important as well bc it plays a huge role in mental health among other things. We are all living in many directions in this world and it is one of the reasons I love the Yoga mindset.....find your center. Once you feel centered in your existence, success in all directions can be managed.

Sorry for the little bit of philosophy chit-chat!! I can fall down philosophy rabbit holes easily, Lol!!!

Saturday JFT 01/22/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and log diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎Kiddo Saturday Chore routine
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, sauna
    ▪︎Household management meeting with hubby
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎PM Kiddo Tennis x2
    ▪︎PM errands: mailbox, Target, Library
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Enjoy a blessed evening my friends!!

🌷🤗🌷
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY 2022 ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    Life Affirmations
    🔹WOTY - CONSOLIDATE
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal Stats:
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    [*] 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    [*] 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] Total weight loss: 81.4 lbs
    [*] (30 Dec 2021: 138.6 - Total Loss: 87 lbs)
    [*] 3 Jan 2022: 138.9
    [*] 8 Jan 2022: 135.8 - TL: 91.2

January Daily Habits:
    Week 3

Sat:👌🏻 Sun: Mon: Tue:
    Wed: Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight < 145: 1/7 (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    2. Reduce Fat%: 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%
    3. Increase Muscle%: 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.8
    4. Calories in the green: 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500: 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily: 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily: 1/7
    8. 11pm shutdown of devices: 1/7
    9. Cleanup sweep ground floor rooms: 1/7
    10. make bed > 10 minutes of flex: 1/7
    11. Journal/Habit Tracker: 1/7
    Recap for Sat 22:
    list]
    [*] Meditation 🦄
    [*] Daily Flex🦄
    [*] :🦄 Completed
    [*] Daily Chores🦄
    [*] Self Care🦄
    [/list]

Positive Intentions for Sun 23:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Flex
    • Family Skype
    • Outdoor walk
    • new jigsaw: crochet:
    • Daily Chores
    • Self Care
    Managed to kick the blues into touch. The earlier sunrise helps enormously.
    My prolapse has been giving me some concern this week. I need to do some intensive work on my pelvic floor exercises to see if I can resolve the problem.
    I did get a small snack attack this morning but I adjusted my planned menu, and stayed under maintenance. Hopefully no great damage done.

🦄 Terri

• pridesabtch
    For those of you who are new on here, sorry if I over shared.