JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted daily goals this week as I wasn't making any effort. I've walked a few days but that's all. My mother was taken to hospital as she was struggling to breathe (she has covid). It was night time, and it's quite unsettling having serious phone calls about end of life care in the middle of the night, especially when you live alone. Can't exactly phone someone for a chat...so I made toast as I couldn't sleep! That really is night time snacking! I feel like I'm in limbo waiting to see how she does.

But that's no reason not to post a few goals, so

JFT Friday 21st Jan

Stay under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises (really sore right now)
    Walk
    Clear away all the paperwork lying around (all "bitty" stuff from parents house, doesn't really have a home but can't be thrown out)

If you need a friend in a different time zone, feel free to send me a message! I hate that you are left to deal with this alone. Take care of you for us. These are hard times, but you are important.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I don't think I posted goals today? In my defence I just had a bad mental health day. I was struggling with the kids, stressed out and on verge of tears because of them. Turns out I forgot to take my antidepressant, duh.
    Although I wish I wasn't such mess without them. I feel like the only reason I'm "normal" is because I have them, so am I really being "me"?
    Sigh I dunno. I'll wait for them to kick in and then I won't have these weird thoughts 😂

I did sort my diary out for the last 2 days so that's good. Keeping on track atleast.
    Not ate much today, doubt I'll be able to complete the diary due to too little calories, but I'm not worrying about it too much.

Posting new goals tomorrow :) must include "Take meds" to make sure I don't forget again!

I'm with Snowflake. The meds make me more the person I'm meant to be. More "me". Granted I take a plethora of mental health meds, but once they found the right cocktail for me it was really obvious to those around me that I was back to being "me". I can feel it too. I like the "me" I am now. Less drama, less chaos, more peace. I was the most "un-me" when I was unmedicated or incorrectly medicated. People didn't know how to deal with that mess of a person.

Take care. We love you!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone! A quick check in. I've been mindful about water - am stopping for drive-thru a lot less - portion sizes continue to be reasonable - my clothes are fitting better!

My stress levels are a whole other ordeal. Daycare covid exposures. Found a new daycare to switch to, but its only full time and DH and I cannot seem to come to agreement, and it's kind of a 2 yes situation...although sometimes I feel like it should be just mine since I am doing the majority of the running around. I digress.

Just for today - I will fight fair. I will drink water. I won't eat my feelings!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

@Bex .. you are always so quick to give such good advice... thank you.

As for the antidepressants, if they make you feel more normal and make you feel better, then that is what you need. Like @Snowflake said .. there is nothing wrong with taking them... They balance out the chemicals in the brain. Our daughter has been trying to get off of some of the meds she is on.. we are encouraging her to get back on them. I get more seasonal depression... I know as soon as the days are longer and the sun is shining I am better. But many are not ... there is help for that. Hugs.

@littleblackshirt ... so sorry to hear about your mother, and hope she is doing better. You have a lot on your plate .. hugs.

@cschmitz .. you be careful out walking in that cold! It is very cold here ... but not in the negatives. More like 6 degrees nitetime, and low teens during the day. I've not been going to the gym, and today it is suppose to get to 22 degrees .. so I'm going to try and bundle up and get out for a walk. I need the fresh air, and the sun is out. But be very careful!

@MrsHermit .. good luck on your move

@pridesabtch -- great job on the spinning class! I am the same way ... love to exercise. I love how it makes me feel ... not so old, stronger, and just feels good to take care of our bodies. For me.. that leads to better eating. Funny how its so hard to get started, and once we do it, we remember how good it feels. Great job!

SO many others with struggles ... but you know ... we are not giving up! that is what counts.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I am really struggling for some reason this year .. just can't seem to get into this. I eat healthy ... and have mostly healthy snacks on hand .. but I know I still eat too much. Bordeom/ depression/mindless eating in the evening.

SO JFT, Friday
    1. log my food... I have not been doing this either
    2. concentrate on water. . not getting enough water. I think I eat when I should just drink water
    3. be mindful of snacks... while I sew, I've been "grazing" on things like nuts, raisins, etc. Last nite I ate 2 protein bars. Why?? I'm not even hungry
    Ha.. see I was off a day. Kept thinking yesterday was friday!

JFT, FRIDAY
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. be mindful of snacks while sewing ... drink water
    4. positive thought

taking our daughter to grocery store, and maybe a quick trip to the bookstore. I think it will be good for her to do something fun. Today is friday, so that also means I can get her a smoothie ..fridays they are just $5.00. SO hope it works out tonite.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @mytime6630 you have a lot of emotional stress right now. Focus on your mental health and the physical will follow. Love ya!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat anything else until after 5 pm, except my dose of metamusal. No more of the dessert I made today!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @pridesabtch
    Its so nice of you to open up to us!
    I can honestly say I've been there.
    I managed to get speaking to someone on an online game. Proper messed up.
    Of course Ash found out. It was all a big big big mess. I was just in a bad way myself. Deeply depressed and basically looking for some attention as I felt so lonely and Ash having his own problems at the time couldn't give me that.
    I deeply regret it.

I'm glad you've both come through it. I've found in my relationship that no matter what gets thrown at us it's how we deal with it is what matters.
    Me and Ash have been through more problems than most older couples (baby at young age, mental health on both sides, loss of a baby, nightmare neighbour, homelessness, being too skint for food) yet were still here. I won't say it's perfect. But we're here. And there always room to work on it.
    Most importantly, you've forgiven yourself.
    I get what you mean when you say you ruined something you loved. I loved the game I played, it wasn't some mindnumbing rubbish it was where you could actually build a character and there was always something to do on it. But I'll never play that game again now.
    (Haha I know it's sounds silly, it's a GAME after all, but I just like gaming)

Although the bipolar and finances thing concerned me... Ash does the finances and has bipolar. What exactly should I be worried about or keep an eye on?
    We've had to switch banks and I'm still waiting on my application for a joint account. So I can't actually "see" the money at this point.
    It's also hard to 'take over'. Its always been his thing to do so me suggesting that I do it from now on doesn't exactly go down well or never actually happens.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Wednesday JFT 01/19/2022:

✅ Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ✅ MFP: review and post (no diary logging while driving, too much stress)
    ✅ Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ✅ AM self-care routine
    ✅ Drive to Dallas and back
    ✅ Don't mentally snap

Thursday JFT 01/20/2022

✅ R and R

@MrsHermit Hello!! 🙋‍♀️

Thank you all for the support!!

Friday 01/21/2022

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and log diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, sauna
    ▪︎ Massage
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

🌷🤗🌷
  • mytime6630
    Options
    [quote="pridesabtch

We love you so much .... and thank you for telling your story.. and giving all of us that hope that no matter what ... things can, and do, get better. On this site.. there is only love. We all make mistakes.. so many that I have I also deeply regret. But that is what makes us strong .. that is what made your relationship with your husband even stronger. I am so happy that you are able to work through all that.. you have come out a much better and much stronger person .. and that you can now do what you truly love in your fitness goals. I love this story ... there is so much hope for anyone going through struggles. <3<3<3
  • Bex953172
    Options

@Bex .. you are always so quick to give such good advice... thank you.

You're my friend! As I see most of you on here! I know it's a different kind of friendship but nevertheless.

It saddens me to hear everyone struggles. I just like to help and if I can make someone feel a little bit better or a little bit more confident in themselves then I will
    ❤️❤️
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I didn't post goals again!!!
    Not too worried about calories. I've not been eating enough!
    Think I need to give my head a rest for the weekend.

I can't walk the dog at the minute.
    There's a bug thats affecting dogs at the minute, it's been in the news. Lots of dogs getting sick from beach and woodland walks and they're not even entirely sure what it is as far as I'm aware. But some reported in my area.
    So I'm cleaning up the garden tomorrow and going to throw some bleach down all over the lawn (there's no grass there anyway at the minute)

I'd hate for him to get poorly. He's not insured and last thing I need is a vet bill!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 .. you be careful out walking in that cold! It is very cold here ... but not in the negatives. More like 6 degrees nitetime, and low teens during the day. I've not been going to the gym, and today it is suppose to get to 22 degrees .. so I'm going to try and bundle up and get out for a walk. I need the fresh air, and the sun is out. But be very careful!

The event posted this for tonight. Current temp with wind chill (and there's always wind off the river) is 5F. I'm all set!

Us Wisconsinites are tough in the cold 💪 but we must also be prepared! Be sure to dress warm 🧦🧤🧣🧥
    5qqbb3fcm947.jpg
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Us Wisconsinites are tough in the cold 💪 but we must also be prepared! Be sure to dress warm 🧦🧤🧣🧥
    5qqbb3fcm947.jpg

Thanks for posting this ... I just came in from a 4 mile walk .. our temps are now 22, but there is no wind and the sun is out.. it was beautiful, and I loved getting out.
    But .... my feet of all things got the coldest! So I think I am going to get me some wool socks! I also did not wear a scarf .. something next time I will do. I think just breathing the cold air, a scarf would help. But I ran into about 10 people out walking today... this weekend we are suppose to get in the 40s, before another dip in temps!
    Yes, you wisconsin people know how to dress! I grew up in Iowa... so kinda used to it!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Morning: Check email. Therapy exercises. Yoga class; check book out.
    3. Reading: Civil Rights. Update Beanstack. Blog posts w/3 comments.
    4. Writing: Script. 1 hr. Cover letter????
    5. Housework: Put laundry away.
    6. Afternoon: Watch Abbott Elementary? Volunteering downtown.
    7. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr while playing sleepy music.
    9. Upcoming: Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 2/8. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Conf 3/1. Plan Saturday Six for 1/22 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/22 10:00; then volunteering. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Load dishwasher S/T/R eves. Sun podcast.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 197.6

Ongoing plans/ideas

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7. PT 4p Mon/Fri
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Feb 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. @Faebert - Repercussions SUCK. :P As does unprogress, @cschmitz110515!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • pridesabtch
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @pridesabtch

Although the bipolar and finances thing concerned me... Ash does the finances and has bipolar. What exactly should I be worried about or keep an eye on?
    We've had to switch banks and I'm still waiting on my application for a joint account. So I can't actually "see" the money at this point.
    It's also hard to 'take over'. Its always been his thing to do so me suggesting that I do it from now on doesn't exactly go down well or never actually happens.

I wouldn’t tell anyone in the real world this…

My husband and I both make over 6 figures, but I ran up over $100k in credit card debt. If we Had money I spent it, I can’t even tell you what I spent it on. We would go to but a car and he would ask me what we could afford, I’d look at the account and give him a number, but that number was based on nothing. He thought I had a budget and a plan, but I never did. I once sold my grandmother’s coin collection so we would have money on vacation. He still doesn’t know I did that. I was also very generous to others, sometimes to a fault. There were times I had to borrow money from his parents to pay our mortgage. I just didn’t have a plan beyond the moment. He assumed since we didn’t get any late notice that everything was fine. Then one day our electric got shut off. I had stopped looking at the bills entirely and was just paying what I thought they were. Which turned out to be too little for too many months in a row. It’s like I knew things were out of control, but I didn’t know how to fix it. He had always just trusted me. I mean I’m a math nerd, who would suspect that I couldn’t handle addition & subtraction. Since he’s taken over the bills, about 5 years, we are out of debt, the kids college is funded and we have savings again. He doesn’t control what I spend, I can actually buy whatever I want though I usually tell him if it will be over a couple hundred dollars. Like I said I don’t know where the money went before, I had nothing to show for it. I really can’t explain it. Other than there is no way we should have been financially struggling, but we were.

• mytime6630
    Options
    This is what I needed to read today!
    ohjdsk7496ds.jpg