JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• crazyinspired11
    crazyinspired11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today my goals are to get atleast 100 ounces of water, to track everything and get 30 mins of exercise.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    JFT for 1/9 (today): ✔️
    1) Can have a dessert today (last 1/3).
    2) Peanut butter ok today (last 1/6)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 1/10
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/7)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 12/13)
    8) None of DH's treats today.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today including the turkey Kielbasa
    11) Can eat early due to an appointment today around lunch.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Going to eat lunch soon ... eat just cottage cheese and some frozen fruit.
    then.. no more food until dinner, which I am making beef/rice casserole.

Going to try and log on like @more_freggies76 does and see if that helps me not snack!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    @mytime6630 - Good luck!

Hour commitment - After my açai bite and my metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I saw your post about the girls the other day, my daughter is going through the same thing and I saw these, It might help. Each child could have their own chore list for their age.

luhu99d56te0.jpeg
    k9fic6cpss7k.jpeg

They look great!!! Thanks so much and thanks to @MLHC1 I did read your post and it was super helpful, I just forgot to post saying thank you!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Before Class: Check in with LS; when can we discuss unreasonable parent? Review rosters. Think pink.
    3. English classes: Day 2; Day 1 catchups.
    4. SEL classes: Identify hopes for final semester. Hang posters?
    5. Online classes: Check roster. Join Classroom. Maybe play games?
    6. Planning: Blog post. Read Relentless. Duolingo lesson. Visit 5 students. Call 10 caregivers. Log!
    7. Afternoon: Physical therapy. Unload/reload dishwasher.
    8. Evening: Visit parents. Dinner: Pork and sauerkraut. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Conf Thurs 1/13. Start planning Saturday Seven for 1/8 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/8 10:00; then volunteering. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Call DFCS about Medicaid; call lawyer after. Pick up elliptical. The small bathroom needs to be cleaned. Load dishwasher S/T/R eves. Saturday pancake breakfast 8-11. Need to get OJ & milk; pancake supplies?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 196.0

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7. PT 4p Mon/Fri
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. This week is gonna be super full. I haven't double-booked but I'll need to pay close attention not to miss anything.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A mixed bag today. Got all cleaning done, laundry dry, folded and put away, bedding changed so everything feels fresh and new for the new week. But not much progress on the finances stuff, unless calling my mum to worry out loud about it counts…??

Going to get my early night now. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone, and I’ll see you tomorrow. X

Sunday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 1.8m
    Cleaning ✅
    Send back parcel!! ❌😖
    Collect P - homework?✅
    Final planning and printing ✅
    Work on finances/life admin❌
    Water✅
    Stay within calorie goal✅
    Early night✅

Monday goals
    Morning run:
    Pack soup and yoghurt
    Walk kids to school
    Print off new maths sheets on arrival
    Catch up with M and B re child referral
    Marking at lunchtime
    Leave by 4:30
    Stay within calorie goal
    Water
    Book class for Tuesday am?
    Early night
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment -
    JFT for 1/9 (today): ✔️
    1) Can have a dessert today (last 1/3).✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok today (last 1/6)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 1/10✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/7)✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today✔️
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 12/13)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today.✔️except my dessert today included some of his cookies
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today including the turkey Kielbasa✔️
    11) Can eat early due to an appointment today around lunch.✔️
    JFT for 1/10 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/9).
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/9)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, up to 1 serving of nut gift today
    7) 1 serving dried apricots ok today. (last 12/13)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Outdoorsy_Canadian Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday Jan 9

1. Log all food❌
    2. Clean our Art supply ✔️
    3. Clean ball caps✔️
    4. Family time❌
    5. NLS❌
    6. Work out ❌
    7. Sleep 7 ✔️
    8. H20✔️
    9. Outdoor time✔️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - January 8
    Log all Food - 🙂
    1.5 L of water - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 😐 forgot
    Exercises - 🙂 I’m saying yes because I was active cleaning and taking Christmas down. I have very strict exercises and already overdid it cleaning.

JFT - January 9
    Log all Food
    1.5 L of water
    Gratitude journal
    Exercises

Obviously the scale was off yesterday because it was back up today. 188.6. I decided to start posting my weight on Happy Scale again today. I weighed exactly the same 182 days ago, I need to do some work. I’m maintaining though, so I guess that’s good.

I did some more tidying again today then went into the city to buy a bench, some throw pillows. I then came home and watched tv most of the day.

Hopefully tomorrow Rodger will bring the other totes in for me and I’ll get the tree and village taken down over the next few evenings.

@MLHC1 - I’ve been praying for Hannah too, the last time she was here Matt was not doing well.

@pridesabtch and @mytime6630 - my husband suffers with some seasonal depression as well. I try to keep candles burning and have fairy lights up later into February to help him.

@Faebert - I know how stressful it is to have financial worries. I’m sorry you are going through this.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I had a lovely, much-needed break last week, but it's time to get my act together before the new semester starts.

Recap - Sunday 1/9
    Balanced meals - Started out well, but dinner wasn't great. Time to start logging again.
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Walk or stationary bike - :)
    Clean up kitchen - 50%
    Pick up soup supplies - Decided to use what I had in the house.
    Start a new book - Didn't get around to it.
    Bed by midnight - No

JFT Monday 1/10
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Walk or stationary bike
    Pick up pharmacy order
    Quick grocery stop
    Check in with Early College administrator
    Work on weekly plan
    Clean up kitchen, part 2
    Start a new book?
    Bed by midnight
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Sunday JFT 01/09/2022

✅Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ☑MFP: review, post, and ❌prelog diary
    ✅Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ✅AM self-care routine
    ✅Church
    ❌Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ✅Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ❌3_hr study session
    ✅Errands (Costco, etc)
    ✅Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ✅PM self-care routine
    ✅Family game night
    ✅Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

@Bex953172 Thank you for the encouragement!!! I am being hard on myself bc very important tasks are not getting done. It is difficult when Hubby is home bc he wants all of my time. I also want to spend time with him, especially bc he travels, but my tasks need attention regardless of how either of us feel. 🤷‍♀️

Exercising and studying are key tasks to my success.

Monday JFT 01/10/2022

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_arm day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Happy Monday!! 🌷🤗🌷
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options

Sunday JFT 01/09/2022

✅Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ☑MFP: review, post, and ❌prelog diary
    ✅Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ✅AM self-care routine
    ✅Church
    ❌Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ✅Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ❌3_hr study session
    ✅Errands (Costco, etc)
    ✅Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ✅PM self-care routine
    ✅Family game night
    ✅Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

@Bex953172 Thank you for the encouragement!!! I am being hard on myself bc very important tasks are not getting done. It is difficult when Hubby is home bc he wants all of my time. I also want to spend time with him, especially bc he travels, but my tasks need attention regardless of how either of us feel. 🤷‍♀️

Exercising and studying are key tasks to my success.

Monday JFT 01/10/2022

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_arm day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Happy Monday!! 🌷🤗🌷

Ahhh I understand your frustration now. I hate it when I'm trying to do stuff around the house (I have like a mental plan in my head) and then Ash does stuff that requires help sometimes like DIY and I get frustrated because I just wanted to do what I wanted to do 😂
    But you are doing great regardless! Keep it up, you'll get there xx
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 2022
    Options
    JFT for 1/10 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/9).
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/9)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, up to 1 serving of nut gift today
    7) 1 serving dried apricots ok today. (last 12/13)

Hour commitment - Going to have coffee stuff early, about 20 minutes due to a meeting and some workers coming.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Today will hopefully be my last first day for a while. Nothing great planned today. Not even planning on logging because we have a gathering this evening for the football game and I plan to have wings and beer, BUT I'm not angry with myself today. I will ride the Peleton today after work and I will not fret over the last few months. Anyway, goals:

JFT Monday
    - Take V to school :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Work stuff (been a very productive morning so far)
    - Pick up V & Ain from school
    - Ride the damn bike
    - Football stuff
    - Bed shortly after the game
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    The last time I heard from Hannah, she was struggling with trying to have a baby and Matt was not doing well. I sent her a message, but haven't heard back yet... I worry about them.