JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch I loved your "try not to die" goals 😂

Good luck in your spin class! Let us know how it goes!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,179 Member
    Options
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY 2022 ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    Life Affirmations
    🔹WOTY - CONSOLIDATE
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal Stats:
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    [*] 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    [*] 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] Total weight loss: 81.4 lbs
    [*] (30 Dec 2021: 138.6 - Total Loss: 87 lbs)
    [*] 3 Jan 2022: 138.9
    [*] 8 Jan 2022: 135.8 - TL: 91.2

January Daily Habits: Week 2
    Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
    Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri:
    1. Weight < 145: ✅6/7 (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.8
    4. Calories in the green ✅6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅6/7
    8. 11pm shutdown of devices✅6/7
    9. Cleanup sweep of ground floor rooms✅6/7
    10. after making bed > 10 minutes of flex✅6/7
    Recap for Thurs 13:
    • Meditation 🦄
    • Daily Flex🦄
    • Sort out Tax docs for daughter🦄
    • decluttering bedding
    • jigsaw: 🦄 crochet:
    • Daily Chores🦄
    • Self Care🦄

Positive Intentions for Fri 14:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Flex
    • Deliver Tax docs to daughter
    • decluttering bedding
    • jigsaw: crochet:
    • Daily Chores
    • Self Care

Hubby was out with his birding buddy al day, so lots of me time. Caught up on some TV programmes

🦄 Terri
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So tired tonight. Have read all the updates but not able to respond individually. Just as ever in awe of what wonderful, interesting people there are on this group!

A good day for me today. I had a great run out in the (cold!) sunshine, hitting 5km for the first time in a while and around a 10.5 min mile, so v pleased with that, given how hilly it is round here! But most important was some vital life admin I’ve done today. Feel so much more in control now and have a way forward for what still needs to be done with the house.

Thursday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 3.1m/5km
    Drive kids to school ✅
    Energy provider research ✅
    Finances ✅ This was a biggie!!
    Home improvement research ❌
    Plan maths, science and topic for next week ✅
    Pick kids up from school✅
    Cook veggies✅
    Buy cat treats and soup ✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Water❌
    Bed by 10 ❌

Friday goals:
    Morning run
    Pack yoghurt
    LFT before we leave
    Walk kids to school
    Print docs on arrival
    Add parent meetings to calendar
    Meet WH in PM
    Leave by 4:30
    Stay within calorie goal
    Drink more water!!!
    Bed by 11
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Before Class: Check in with LS: What to do about hiring AND SUPPORTING staff with a view to progress? Print questions for play. Check links in email. Think pink.
    3. English classes: Day 6.
    4. SEL classes: Conversation about plans.
    5. Online classes: Check in on completion.
    6. Planning: Convert script. Read Relentless. Duolingo lesson. Visit 3 students. Call 5 caregivers. Log!
    7. Afternoon: Physical therapy. Laundry. Unload/reload dishwasher.
    8. Evening: Post on WD. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 2/8. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Conf Tue 3/1. Start planning Saturday Seven for 1/22 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/15 10:00; then volunteering. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Call DFCS about Medicaid; call lawyer after. Pick up elliptical. The small bathroom needs to be cleaned. Load dishwasher S/T/R eves. Saturday pancake breakfast 8-11. Need to get OJ & milk; pancake supplies?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 197.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7. PT 4p Mon/Fri
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. Today was just ... a lot. Tomorrow I'll see how things went with the sub.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,629 Member
    Options
    JFT for 1/13 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12)✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok today (last 1/9)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday, 1/14✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/12)✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today✔️
    7) Dried apricots ok today. (last 1/10)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today including the turkey Kielbasa✔️
    11) Can have an early lunch due to lunch meeting.✔️

JFT for 1/14 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/13)
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday, 1/14
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/12)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, up to 1 oz nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 1/13)
    8) None of DH's treats today. If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today including the turkey Kielbasa
    11) Can have an early lunch due to lunch meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1/13/2022 JFT:
    -no snacking
    -log food
    -go to gym (raincheck!)

No snacking and logged food today! Ended up going and working with our horse instead of the gym, we are going to ride on Saturday.

1/14/2022 JFT:
    -no snacking
    -log food
    -gym
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    Went to spin class. Didn’t die, didn’t quit. Did throw up a bit in the parking lot… oops. Luckily nobody saw that.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - Way to go jumping back in!

@cschmitz110515 - I don't blame your husband for being angry. What a rough way for a job to end, but now you both can look ahead. Enjoy that extra evening time!

@littleblackskirt - 2 going on 8 - how funny! Glad to hear your grandson is feeling more settled - no doubt because you are helping him feel his world is secure and predictable again - and that you're enjoying your time together.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch so glad you didn't die doing your spin class, well done!

@Snowlake1968 try not to worry, a lot of biopsies don't find anything. I've had 2 and didn't need any treatment. Fingers crossed x
    JFT Thursday 12th Jan

Stay under maintenance I have no idea, food was very picky yesterday
    Only one snack can't remember
    Eat some veg I had a scone for tea, no veg in sight, sigh
    Walk big walk and play in park, a lot colder than yesterday
    Sort bins yes
    Charity bags out yes
    Play yes, lots

Proof that I need to log if I really want to know how I'm doing!

Today I was up early and saw grandson off to nursery, so I have a day to myself, I love being retired :)

JFT Friday 14th Jan

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Eat some veg
    Walk with friend
    Order painkillers
    Housework
    Fill bird feeders
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,179 Member
    Options
    This morning there was a noticeable lightening of the sky.
    Yesterday the snowdrops were out down in our small wooded area.
    Spring will not be far behind.
    Of course we could get another cold snap, but I won’t dwell on that today.

@Snowflake1968 It’s good that they are taking precautions. I hope you get the biopsy quickly, and it puts your mind at rest.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: Determination

Posting a bit late again, been having trouble with my phone data but just an hour ago it decided to just.. work.

It was weird BUT I'm not complaining, it on that's all that matters!

I've been mostly keeping up with my goals. May have missed a few things this week due to struggling to log in but I don't think I've done too badly.

JFT Fri 14th

- Log and WEIGH all food (got the batteries)
    - 5 waters
    - Clean up garden
    - Clean kitchen
    - Make a start on folding laundry.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Hope your weekend is whatever you need it to be <3

Quick goals, since I'm headed down to my mom's shortly.

Recap - Thursday 1/13
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :)
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Get out for a walk - :)
    Bed by midnight - Almost

JFT Friday 1/14
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Take Mom to MD
    Pick up ice melt, get well card, groceries
    Friday unwind - easy dinner
    Bed by midnight
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Thursday

- 7:00 am meeting (actually it was 7:30) :smiley:
    - 8:30 meeting :smiley:
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Go to mom's do bills & fix her phone :smiley:
    - Pick up V from theater practice :smiley:
    - Go to Y & spin :smiley:
    - Try not to die :smiley:
    - Grab dinner :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - try not to die :smiley:
    - shower :(
    - no alcohol :smiley:
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:
    - log food :smiley:
    - stay green :smiley:

Happy Thursday everyone! Take care of you for me!

It is so much easier to stay within calories when I exercise and I feel better all around. Gotta remember this. I mean I know it, but will I do it? I will at least do it twice a week for the next few months. Hopefully that will trigger my internal desire to workout, because I have always loved it. Depression can ruin so many things... Make you feel undeserving of joy.

Anyway, I got a meeting in 5, so goals it is.

JFT Friday
    - Shower :smiley:
    - V to school :smiley:
    - Work by 7:45 :smiley:
    - Meetings straight through to lunch :smiley:
    - Actually brought my lunch today, yea!
    - Go to other building and work on moisture analyzer
    - Pick up V from school
    - Take V to friends birthday dinner
    - Shop for hubby birthday gift
    - Dinner out
    - no alcohol
    - bed by 11:30

Happy Friday y'all!

I'll try to make it back to comment on posts later. For now, know I'm thinking about you!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Thanks again, my JFTers, for your support, especially this week with hubby and work issues. It means more to me than I can say, and I like that JFT allows me to vent. Helps me immensely to get that *kitten* out of my system. ;)

Last night was a bit scary with sick Kitty. Hubby said she laid on our bed the entire day, totally unlike her, then late afternoon, projectile vomited. She was very picky with her food and didn't eat much supper, again not like her, she's always demanding her supper. But she drank her water and this morning she was up and demanding her breakfast. After, she was snuggling on our bed with hubby & purring. When I was leaving for work I checked her bowls, and she had gobbled all her dry and wet food down. Seems to be back to her normal self. Sigh of relief.

Recap R 1/13 ~ impromptu rest day, totally worth it, extra sleep has refreshed me
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 9.7K 21 floors 12/14
    2) Net calories zero / 112 oz. water :s another evening drink w/ hubby, eating up leftovers, -557, high sodium & sugar :s fiber & protein excellent, 96 oz.
    3) Issue GA-BJ report / Facebook Live 12:00 / good day in office :smiley: 3/3
    4) Grocery shop on way home / gas in car / hubby time <3 / any ta-da? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ = 3/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:50 alarm (treadmill before work) = 4/6

JFT F 1/14
    1) Treadmill before work 3.27 miles :smiley: happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Make Easy Baked Ziti (new recipe) for supper / net calories zero / 112 oz. water
    4) Figure out next steps for Title 31 / start to sort AJNH papers / update Project Status s/s / update & submit PRO, KRO & PAR s/s
    5) Hubby time / any ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / no alarm Sat. ~ no definite plans, maybe walk dog at tech college if wind chill temp not too cold for dog, forecast for blustery & high of 15F (-9C)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • registered for Frenzy on the Fox 5K on 1.21.22
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 1/14 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/13)
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday, 1/14
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/12)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 12/13)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, up to 1 oz nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 1/13)
    8) None of DH's treats today. If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today including the turkey Kielbasa
    11) Can have an early lunch due to lunch meeting.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    MrsHermit wrote: »
    JFT Thursday 1-13
    • stay under calorie limit (no breathing capacity or room to exercise) ✔️ close enough
    • pay those bills now ❌
    • put away laundry in dryer ❌
    • 1 more load laundry? ❌
    • clean 2 more windows and blinds ❌
    • pack! at least get 1 corner open and done, start the flow of organized chaos ✔️ took awhile looks a mess, but the actual packing and flow can begin now
    • work on new ytube blog post ❌
    • journal with music after dinner ✔️
    • pray and read Scripture ✔️

JFT Friday 1-14
    calorie limit
    laundry
    pay bills
    make cookies
    dishes
    clean at least 1 window/blinds for moving
    answer 1 email
    work on blog post
    take down wooden shelves
    spackle
    Pack - make a nice dent
    make a path in the studio
    Evening: rest, journal, play piano, crafts

@TerriRichardson112 I may have missed it; what are you crocheting? Oh I love snowdrops! They are so pretty!
    @Faebert Congrats on doing 5k! Wow!
    @tech_hunter Horses are fun! I have some hope that I'll get to help out at a horse property when we move (good workout and some income/barter, and time with horses!)
    @pridesabtch The "don't die" goal was funny, but sorry to read that you got sick afterwards. Scale it back a little! Yeah depression can really take the wind out of the sails. Keep trying! Try something small you like to do first. (((hugs))
    @Snowflake1968 (((hugs)))) on the doctor stuff. Good for you doing some ceramics.
    @cschmitz110515 (((hugs)))) and prayers

Question for the group: DH got me a bike we're taking with us but the only time he took me to go riding I felt incredibly unstable. I used to bike years ago and remember it felt a lot different - more stable and more in control. The only difference I can figure is that the current bike's handlebars are lower, curved, and very close to the middle. The bike I used to have had the flat handlebars where I could reach out (leaning only slightly) and reach straight out from my shoulders (instead of inwards towards the middle). Does anyone think that if I change the handlebars on this new bike, it will get better? I couldn't turn down the bike purchase back then though I tried to voice my doubts about how it felt - DH bought it anyways. Maybe this is a more "racing bike" as he said. I used to have a mountain bike, I guess was the type - wider tires, flat handlebars, etc. Just feeling down today about the bike. Promised to take me biking and hiking but barely ever went now he wants to get rid of the bike. sigh
    I can do this, I can get through this move!!!
    Still sick but getting better.
    If anyone gets the 'glitter', I recommend lots of water, standing in steam, and sleeping face down.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    MrsHermit wrote: »
    @pridesabtch The "don't die" goal was funny, but sorry to read that you got sick afterwards. Scale it back a little! Yeah depression can really take the wind out of the sails. Keep trying! Try something small you like to do first. (((hugs))
    @Snowflake1968 (((hugs)))) on the doctor stuff. Good for you doing some ceramics.
    @cschmitz110515 (((hugs)))) and prayers

Question for the group: DH got me a bike we're taking with us but the only time he took me to go riding I felt incredibly unstable. I used to bike years ago and remember it felt a lot different - more stable and more in control. The only difference I can figure is that the current bike's handlebars are lower, curved, and very close to the middle. The bike I used to have had the flat handlebars where I could reach out (leaning only slightly) and reach straight out from my shoulders (instead of inwards towards the middle). Does anyone think that if I change the handlebars on this new bike, it will get better? I couldn't turn down the bike purchase back then though I tried to voice my doubts about how it felt - DH bought it anyways. Maybe this is a more "racing bike" as he said. I used to have a mountain bike, I guess was the type - wider tires, flat handlebars, etc. Just feeling down today about the bike. Promised to take me biking and hiking but barely ever went now he wants to get rid of the bike. sigh
    I can do this, I can get through this move!!!
    Still sick but getting better.
    If anyone gets the 'glitter', I recommend lots of water, standing in steam, and sleeping face down.

I actually really love spinning and riding. I just over exerted. No biggy and nothing really new for me or deterring.

As for the bike, sounds like he got you a nice road bike. What you can do is have The bike shop raise the handle bars for you with a longer stem. The tires are skinnier which can make it feel wobbly at first. Try riding in a slightly higher gear so you aren’t spinning the pedals this will also help. Good luck!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Hope everyone is well. I’m at the end of a fairly productive week and I left things in good shape at work. So I’m hoping to maintain this momentum.

Well done on the spinning teaching @pridesabtch - that takes guts.
    How are you feeling @mytime6630?
    Hoping everything is ok for you @snowflake1968.
    @cschmitz110515 - your poor husband. Wishing him a happy and productive retirement.

Friday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅
    Pack yoghurt ✅
    LFT before we leave ✅
    Walk kids to school ☑️ halfway - they did the rest on their own
    Print docs on arrival ✅
    Add parent meetings to calendar ❌ will do remotely this weekend
    Meet WH in PM ✅
    Leave by 4:30 ✅ yay!!
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Drink more water!!! ✅
    Bed by 11 - Looking good so far….