JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,562 Member
    JFT for 1/25 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert stuff today except some of ice cream I made or unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of DH's meltaways either) (none of the pie I have leftover today either)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/18)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/27✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, non of nut gift today✔️
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 1/18)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/21)✔️
    11) No more of the cornbread muffins I made.✔️

1) No dessert stuff today except some of the pie I made or unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of DH's meltaways either) (none of the pie I have leftover today either)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 1/18)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/27
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, non of nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 1/18)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/21)
    11) No more of the cornbread muffins I made.

Hour commitment - After I eat my cranberries, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    1) No dessert stuff today except some of ice cream I made or unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of DH's meltaways either) (none of the pie I have leftover today either)✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, non of nut gift today✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️

1) No dessert stuff today except some of the pie I made or unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of DH's meltaways either) (none of the pie I have leftover today either)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, non of nut gift today
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.

Hour commitment - After I eat my cranberries, I won't eat again until tomorrow.

Can I ask why you just list certain foods? I am trying to plan my days like you do .. but I am not being very good at it. This year, my old habits are back with a vengence .. binge eating, grabbing whatever.
    So I've been trying to plan like you do ... but are the things you list your weaknesses? Like honey, muffins, etc? Or are these what you have planned for the day, and just not allowing yourself to eat more of them?
    I love how you are doing hourly commitments ... I really need to figure something out to reign in my bad eating, and so far this year, failure at that.
    I would appreciate any advice/suggestions as to how you are doing this? Thank you so much
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Before Class: Check in with LS: What to do about hiring AND SUPPORTING staff with a view to progress? Check email. Think pink. Sabbatical for doctorate?
    3. English classes: Day 12.
    4. SEL classes: View next video. Set up assignment for Thursday.
    5. Online classes: Reply to emails; enter grades. Put up posters. Read. Sub plans.
    6. Planning: Finish research script. Read Civil Rights OR They Called Us Enemy. Duolingo lesson. Visit 3 students. Call 5 caregivers. Log! Input grades. Update paper gradebook. Finish sub plans for Thursday.
    7. Afternoon: Elliptical. Park walk?
    8. Evening: Livestream. ZOOM MEETING. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 2/8. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Writing group 1/25 7P. Conf Tue 3/1. Start planning Saturday Seven for 2/5 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/29 10:00; then volunteering. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Call DFCS about Medicaid; call lawyer after. Load dishwasher S/T/R eves.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 198.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7. PT 4p Mon/Fri
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Feb 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. Full day. Good but FULL.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - January 24
    Log all food - 🙂
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Exercise - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - January 24
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal

@PackerFanInGB - it’s going rampant around here hope you feel 100% soon.

@faebert - feel better too!

@mytime6630 - I have the same issue with evening snacking. I have changed how I eat. I don’t eat breakfast, have a light lunch and supper and it leaves me calories for the evening. I also allow my self Windows in the evening. Usually around 7 and then 9 I have my snacks and I’m good.

I understand how discouraging it is to gain back to what you’ve sworn you wouldn’t get to. I have been working on losing it again since last March. I

I am also very much like @more_freggies76 I talk myself out of something today with the knowledge I can have it tomorrow. Mine is usually potato chips, coke or takeout. I have gotten better and saying “tomorrow” to myself over time. Right now I limit coke and chips to Sunday only. Takeout isn’t as easy as I hate cooking. I do try to plan it that ive eaten lighter the day before and day after.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    Hugs to all the poorly people. @Faebert a whole class of children with a bad cold, you deserve a medal!
    JFT Tuesday 25th Jan

Stay under maintenance yes, I was surprised
    Log everything I did, b'fast and lunch good, then son offered pizza for tea. Not what I'd planned to do, but I like the company so I said yes. Chose the smallest 6 inch one though
    Only one snack, just one! none, not one!
    Back exercises no, too sore after shopping
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk around town centre
    Do arm exercises no
    Go into town (a novelty nowadays) yes, bought a few bits, not very enjoyable, lots of empty shops and the streets are always dirty
    Grocery shop yes

JFT Wednesday 26th Jan

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Foot exercises
    Walk

A babysitting day today.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    @mytime6630 I'm sorry you are having such a tough time.

Very interesting to read more about @more_freggies76 ideas. I've also used the "tomorrow technique" in the past. If I wanted a treat thing, I could say I'll have it tomorrow. It was most success for me with takeaway, when I'd say I'll have it next weekend. I could push a pizza forward for weeks doing that!

I too am buying too many snack items. I shopped yesterday in my favourite supermarket as I was in town. Because I don't get there very often I bought yummy things, even though I knew they are high in calories. Sigh, I'll just have to try and ration them.

@PackerFanInGB 3 weeks is a long time to feel ill. Glad you're improving now, take it easy and look after yourself!
    We have plenty of LF tests here, they hand out boxes of 7 tests regularly.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    Guess I didn't post yesterday. It was an odd day. I just couldn't get out of bed. I went to my 8:30 meeting (from home via Teams), then I called in a vacation day and went back to bed. I slept until 1:30 in the afternoon. It's been a long time since I've had a day like that, where I just couldn't face my day so I stayed in bed. I did eventually get up and shower, that made me feel a bit better. I had a new small group Bible Study planned in the evening, but I was very anxious about it. Turns out I was anxious for no reason. It went quite well. Early meeting this morning, from 7:00 - 9:00am. Staying attentive during these is tough for me, but every now and then I have to present or answer questions, so it is a must.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 6:30 :smiley:
    - Meeting at 7:00 :smiley:
    - Do some audits this afternoon
    - Check calibration status
    - Protein bar for brunch
    - Bible Study at church
    - Dinner out
    - Log Food
    - Stay green
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a happy day y'all.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Our daughter is much worse .. she is out here a lot, yet does not want the doctor to give her more medications. We are taking it one day at a time.. but I hurt for her.

I understand the not wanting to increase or go back on meds. I don't think those of us dealing with the disease see how far we drop without the meds. If the meds aren't right, we can feel crappy all the time, so we don't notice the dips when they take the meds away. Those who love us see them and worry. It took many years to get a balance of meds for me where I fell normal, not always down. It took me even longer to accept the meds, and I still have thoughts that I don't really need them. I'm ok so I shouldn't need them. It's like I feel bipolar isn't real, that I'm just weak. I should be able to manage without drugs. History says differently. I saw the strain it put on my family and for them I stay the course. It isn't worth them suffering, but like I said it's hard to accept the situation. If you ever need to talk, or want to discuss the meds, just message me.

Nikki
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 1/26 (tomday): ✔️
    1) No dessert stuff today except some of the pie I made or unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of DH's meltaways either)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited January 2022
    Crazy start to my work day, starting my post during my webinar. I've heard this speaker/topic before, still keeping up, really just need to get my CPEs for the year. :p

Recap T 1/25
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks = 7.8K 25 floors 12/14
    2) More leftovers / net calories zero / 112 oz. water :( trying to eat up leftovers, more calcium in diet for bone density = -585 net cals, sodium not horrible, calcium good yay, protein excellent, fiber low-ish, sugar high (cake & sauce), 96 oz. & daily w-i creeping up
    3) 9:00 EHN updates (Teams) / 12:00 Facebook Live / create webinar summary form for W / finish review of AJNH working papers & shred as needed :smiley: finally! / other stuff? brainstorm session w/ colleague = 5/5
    4) Research bakeries & order cupcakes :) cake ordered from former co-worker now home business baker / review cards box for upcoming bdays / top up heated bird bath / refill bird feeders (brrr) / another ta-da? TA-DA :smiley: 5/5
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:45 alarm = 5/6

JFT W 1/26
    1) Move hourly (right knee not getting better)
    2) Net calories zero / 112 oz. water
    3) Health ins. info / 10:00 - 12:00 webinar / complete & digital sign webinar summary form / Title 31 / clear some emails / set up OOO message / contact Michelle for update
    4) Contact healthcare provider / find life ins. info / some ta-da
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:45 alarm

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5pm. None of the same stuff at dinner as at lunch.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Tuesday JFT 01/25/2022:

✅Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ✅MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ✅Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ✅AM self-care routine
    ✅AM Kiddo routine
    ✅Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ✅GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_leg day
    ✅Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ☑3_hr study session➡️ 1.5 hours 😔
    ✅PM Kiddo routine
    ✅Extracurricular activities (tennis)
    ✅Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ❌PM self-care routine ➡️ fell asleep on the couch after Dinnertime 🤦‍♀️
    ✅Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)➡️ more like 9 pm, Lol!!

Wednesday JFT 01/26/2022:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_arm day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

The day is already bananas!! 🤦‍♀️
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all. I’ve read and caught up but I’m just too wrecked with this cold to draft much of a post. Logging all the food and recording goals, but not much more right now.

Sending hugs - hope everyone is well. X

Wednesday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 1.7m
    Pack yoghurt and fruit ✅
    Walk kids to school ☑️ halfway
    Marking at lunchtime ✅
    Prep for cover teacher ✅
    Leave by 4:30 ❌
    Sort house and tidy on arrival back❌ But I did this after dinner ✅
    Water✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Bed by 10✅

Thursday goals:
    Morning run
    Drive kids to school
    Walk to station
    Meet H at 10
    Leave on time for school run
    Lunch out? Log as best I can
    Take P for vaccine at 4:50
    L play date
    Planning - when??
    Water
    Stay within calorie goal
    Bed by 10
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Better late than never....

Recap - Tuesday 1/25
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :( Overdid it on pasta - over on carbs, calories, and sodium
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Walk outdoors - :)
    Quick errands - No. Daughter dropped by for coffee, so I nixed the errands.
    Bed by midnight - No. This is getting ridiculous.

JFT Wednesday 1/26
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Indoor Bike
    Quick errands
    Sort some clothes (keep, donate, discard)
    Bed by midnight
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member

Just for Today (Tuesday), 1/25/22:
    • No BS 24H Plan & Assess 🟢
    • No BS Course Modules 🟢
    • 64 oz water 🟢
    • At least 15 minutes of intentional activity 🟡 I closed the Activity rings on my watch but didn't actually do an exercise...just was busy and on my feet all day.
    • Bed on time tonight. I am still really fatigued and need the rest. 🔴
    • Color my hair and hide those gray roots! 🟢
    • Spend time downstairs quilting today 🔴
    • Find an apron pattern 🔴 Forgot!
    • Calm App session / Journal / Readings / Simple Abundance 🔴 Didn't do any of these. Got to bed too late.
    • Begin researching parks and trails in GB area and put together a February activity calendar. This will be ONGOING for a few days. 🟡 Started, but ongoing project this week.

Hi everyone! Late but staying accountable.

@Faebert I hope you feel better soon!

@littleblackskirt Very insightful, your response to Joan. I tend to want to get off antidepressants when I shouldn't, and it was interesting to read your take on the issue also. xoxo

@mytime6630 I'm so sorry to hear your daughter isn't doing well. We really want to be able to "fix" things for our kids, and when we can't it takes its toll on us emotionally. My son is going through something right now and I really want to just fix it for him and his family, but it's not for me to fix. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to be able to, and obsessing about it, and eating over it, and crying over it and praying over it, etc. I need to stop eating in the evening also. I need to get off my butt and get some movement in. I would like to go to the gym, but I have a ton of anxiety over going by myself the first time. Perhaps I will make a goal one of these days to just go for the first time and then commit to posting a picture to prove I was there to hold me accountable. Anyway, I am sending you gentle hugs my friend and I will add you & your family to my prayers. (((Joan)))

Just for Today (Wednesday), 1/26/22:
    • No BS 24H Plan & Assess 🟢
    • No BS Course Modules 🟢
    • 64 oz water
    • Close my activity rings 🟢
    • Bed on time tonight. I am still really fatigued and need the rest.
    • No BS Weekly Plan and assessment 🟢
    • Find an apron pattern
    • Calm App session / Journal / Readings / Simple Abundance
    • Begin researching parks and trails in GB area and put together a February activity calendar. This will be ONGOING for a few days.

WOTY 2022: Intentional.

• more_freggies76
    edited January 2022
    JFT for 1/26 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert stuff today except some of the pie I made or unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of DH's meltaways either) ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️[color] Didn't have cheese today.[/color]

JFT for 1/27 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert stuff today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of the pies I made nor the ice cream and none of DH's meltaways either)
    2) Can have peanut butter today (last 1/18)
    12) None of the tamales or sweet potato casserole today.

Hour commitment - After I finish my cranberries, I won't eat again until tomorrow.