Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!

Replies

• melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Hello ladies. Hope it’s ok to join ya. I could use all the support I can. I did this 10 years ago and with support from others I lost my weight. So please be free to send me friend request.

Height: 5'1”
    SW: 249 lbs on 1/17
    1/24: 246 lbs
    1/29:
    January Goal: 243 lbs
    2022 Goal: 160 lbs
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Found out Monday that I have thallium poisoning, and the Dr. doesn't really believe it (evidently it is rare and the hair tox test is high), so he is getting my blood tested vs. the hair tox test I did. Unfortunately, there is only one lab in cali that does that kind of poisoning check, and they are only open on Tues and Thurs. So, I am currently alive - and I think I lost this week because I just got off of a 14 day period that was ultimately brutal. Hugs to all!! I haven't been here much, I am distracted. I will be back, assuming I survive the weirdness that is going on. If you know anything about this kind of poisoning, please message me. Hang in there ladies, we got this!! Carry on!!

Oh my goodness! Between the suspected poisoning, the 14-day period, and the lab only open 2 days/week - you're dealing with a LOT. Sending lots of positive vibes and prayers your way.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    danikat15 wrote: »
    and I realize now, in hindsight, that I might have been a trifle dramatic and overreacting last week.

Those damn Oompa Loompas!

This was me a few weeks ago when my scale literally did not move for days. It's hard to do everything right and not see the immediate product of that hard work. I get it.

Thank you! I'm a very results-oriented person in a results-oriented field. I'm very driven. So to have NOTHING happen (except GAINS instead of losses) sends me into a bit of a spiral.

On the plus side, it forced me to review some NSVs.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member

Found out Monday that I have thallium poisoning, and the Dr. doesn't really believe it (evidently it is rare and the hair tox test is high), so he is getting my blood tested vs. the hair tox test I did. Unfortunately, there is only one lab in cali that does that kind of poisoning check, and they are only open on Tues and Thurs. So, I am currently alive - and I think I lost this week because I just got off of a 14 day period that was ultimately brutal. Hugs to all!! I haven't been here much, I am distracted. I will be back, assuming I survive the weirdness that is going on. If you know anything about this kind of poisoning, please message me. Hang in there ladies, we got this!! Carry on!!
    d

It's been a week. I've never heard of thallium poisoning. How are you feeling by now? Have you gotten test results back yet? Hoping for the best possible result and some answers.

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @ladychr0nic you're so close! I believe in you!!

@justanotherloser007 thallium poisoning???? How in the world? I hope you're feeling better!

@danikat15 and @FushiaKat - same hat. I find myself touching my legs a lot while I walk, they're just so firm and muscular LMAO. Collarbones and jawline too. I def check myself out in the mirror while e.g. washing my hands, brushing my teeth, etc etc. It's wild.

@kenziestabes solution: meal-prep your girl scout cookies. divide 'em into single-serve baggies and portion them out LMAO. Most of the varieties freeze pretty well, at least!
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    @goal06082021 Way ahead of you, lol. My pantry is unreasonably tall, so much that I, a nearly 6 ft tall woman, need a step stool to reach the top shelf. Most of the cookies are hiding there. Current box is in the freezer and I pack a single serving with my lunch.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Turns out meal prepping only works when you remember to bring the lunch you packed with you to work. oops.

Whoops. Happens to the best of us! One way I've found to salvage a day like that is to basically swap lunch and dinner - eat my prepped lunch for dinner that night, and "spend" the calories I had allocated for dinner on something else to eat at lunchtime. Dinner tends to be my biggest meal, so that gives me a little more wiggle room if the only available options are a bit richer than I normally have for lunch.
  • kenziestabes
    I just went to Chick-fil-a because they have some lower calorie options for fast food. lol
  • kenziestabes
    Congrats! We're similar heights with similar goal weights, so I always get really excited when I see your successes. Like, "let's go team!" and "I'm right behind ya."