calf compliments

Options
So by now anyone who's seen and read my profile and read my responses to forums will see that most are those that discuss calf muscles, especially women's calves. Now I must confess that I find shapely muscular calves on a woman very attractive. But another confession I must make which might leave the ladies and some guys thinking, what a weirdo, is that I have a habit of approaching women with shapely, muscular calves and complimenting them. Surprisingly most of them, approximately 98% actually appreciate the compliments and a few appreciate it so much that they even flex their calves for me. I must admit that always surprises me.

Anyway, my question is for the ladies with shapely muscualr calves, big or small. Do you ever get complimented on your calves by random strangers (especially men) when you're out and about? How do you feel when it happens? Do you think it's weird for men to compliment women on their calves?

Replies

• skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a random stranger that complimented my very muscular legs/calves it is people I work with. I was complimented on them just last week and I giggled a little inside. I had no idea that was 1) something someone could notice and 2) something someone even looked at. I have more appreciation for my leg tone now that is for sure.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have REALLY muscular calves. I always have. They are not a product of exercise - they are a product of genes. I find it very difficult to wear skinny jeans, because even though they fit well around my thighs and hips and waist, they're often not big enough to accommodate my calves. They are solid muscle! You see those skinnies I'm wearing in my profile pic? Yeah, I can't wear them any more because the SEAMS HAVE SPLIT around my calves!!

I've never, ever received a compliment on my calves. I absolutely hate them. I've always strived to have long, lean, beautiful calves like all the skinny girls. But it's never going to happen. So if you could compliment me, that would be amazing, LOL
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have REALLY muscular calves. I always have. They are not a product of exercise - they are a product of genes. I find it very difficult to wear skinny jeans, because even though they fit well around my thighs and hips and waist, they're often not big enough to accommodate my calves. They are solid muscle! You see those skinnies I'm wearing in my profile pic? Yeah, I can't wear them any more because the SEAMS HAVE SPLIT around my calves!!

I've never, ever received a compliment on my calves. I absolutely hate them. I've always strived to have long, lean, beautiful calves like all the skinny girls. But it's never going to happen. So if you could compliment me, that would be amazing, LOL
    I'm the same as you, I have the same problem with skinny jeans too and I'm also not really a fan of it!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options

I looked at your profile and I didn't see any photos of your calves. If you have any post them and I'll have the compliment waiting specially for you.
  • runner2runner
    Options
    Come on ladies. I know there are a lot of you out there who've gotten compliments on your calves. I'd love to hear what was said and what you thought of it. And please I'd really like to know if you think it's weird for men to compliment women on their calves. And fizzletto, I'm still waiting for the photos so you can get your long overdue compliment.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was told by a guy (casual acquaintance) that I should always wear skirts because I have legs that men see and imagine in fishnets and stillettos. I loved that compliment. My legs are strong and curvy!!!!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile and I didn't see any photos of your calves. If you have any post them and I'll have the compliment waiting specially for you.

Sorry, not going to happen, very embarrassed of them!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    <<< Muscular calf.

I've had several guys at the gym ask me what I do to get calves like that...
  • runner2runner
    Options

That's okay. I understand!
  • runner2runner
    Options

That's okay. I understand!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    <<< Muscular calf.

By the way, in case it isn't readily apparent, I'm a woman, LOL!
  • mayfieldjd
    Options
    I get compliments regarding my legs and calves all the time by strangers, co-workers and in-laws.:happy:
  • runner2runner
    Options
    So by now anyone who's seen and read my profile and read my responses to forums will see that most are those that discuss calf muscles, especially women's calves. Now I must confess that I find shapely muscular calves on a woman very attractive. But another confession I must make which might leave the ladies and some guys thinking, what a weirdo, is that I have a habit of approaching women with shapely, muscular calves and complimenting them. Surprisingly most of them, approximately 98% actually appreciate the compliments and a few appreciate it so much that they even flex their calves for me. I must admit that always surprises me.

Anyway, my question is for the ladies with shapely muscualr calves, big or small. Do you ever get complimented on your calves by random strangers (especially men) when you're out and about? How do you feel when it happens? Do you think it's weird for men to compliment women on their calves?

Okay, I exaggerated a bit there with 98%. I think the figure is closer to 90%, which I guess is still quite a lot. Just this weekend I complimented a women at the store who not only flexed her calves for me, but even said I could touch them. I did and I must admit even I felt a bit weird, although I wasn't complaining.
  • runner2runner
    Options
    <<< Muscular calf.

Wow. Your calves are quite muscular. Are you flexing your calf in your profile photo? The muscle definition is quite impressive. Got any more photos?
  • relativegiant
    relativegiant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This thread Rocks!
  • vincentemma1
    vincentemma1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was complimented on my calves today by a stranger I walked past, they said oh hi I was just admiring your calves there lovely. I was a bit shocked and just thank you and we kept walking opposite ways. Was nice a compliment is always nice .x
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I miss the old message board with goodies like this one. :laugh:
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options

Really? I get a distinctly creepy vibe from this thread and it’s OP!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options

Really? I get a distinctly creepy vibe from this thread and it’s OP!

You and me both. Man making a habit of commenting on the bodies of women who are strangers, thinking it's OK because he perceives that "90% of them like it"? Um, no.

I'd say "that's so 2013", since the thread's that old, but I think it was crass behavior even then.
  • zekikat
    zekikat Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'd say "that's so 2013", since the thread's that old, but I think it was crass behavior even then.

Agreed. I do not like weird compliments from random strangers, and yet I used to laugh and smile whenever I got them, in an effort to try to diffuse the tension and hide the deep discomfort I was feeling. I'm trying to get over this, because I don't want to send the message that this behavior is appropriate or appreciated.