Options

Replies

• Momaish
    Momaish Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? Im new.
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    I"m on day 3/ level 1 and those 20 minutes are amazing!

day one I felt nauseous during the cardio phase but now I am just pushing through to do it. I have bad knees so the juming I"m cautious of right now. My legs hurt alot too but I try to stretch a little before each session and that seems to help. I can't believe I like sweating when Im doing this.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Level One Day Two - Completed !!

I had to modify my pushups but I was actually able to do them unlike last night so that is great !! Am I the only one who absolutely hates jumping jacks ... I really hate them !!!

Ready for Level One Day Three and thinking about throwing in some Turbo Jam next week I really want to lose as many inches as possible (safely!!) before out anniversary !!
  • ReggaeNurse
    Options
    L1D2 completed! I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's workout, and will throw some Turbo Jam in the mix as well. I jammed to my own tunes today while doing it, and I must say that it helped me to push through the harder parts, i.e. those damn bicycle kicks (I HATE them!).
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I"m on day 3/ level 1 and those 20 minutes are amazing!

day one I felt nauseous during the cardio phase but now I am just pushing through to do it. I have bad knees so the juming I"m cautious of right now. My legs hurt alot too but I try to stretch a little before each session and that seems to help. I can't believe I like sweating when Im doing this.

I've told people I've never sweat so much in 20 minutes, lol. I have bad knees also. My biggest problem, though, is my calves. The jump rope and jumping jacks back to back kill my calves. Any suggestions on how to stretch them out before and after working out?
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done!! A little easier, I still can't do pushups. My husband is really trying to help me through this part.
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options

I've told people I've never sweat so much in 20 minutes, lol. I have bad knees also. My biggest problem, though, is my calves. The jump rope and jumping jacks back to back kill my calves. Any suggestions on how to stretch them out before and after working out?

There are a couple of calf stretches you can do.
    1) stand facing a wall and move one foot back. bend the knee of your front leg and press the heel of the back leg to the floor, while leaning into the wall. You should feel the stretch in your calf. Play around with how far apart your legs should be for maximum stretch or comfort.
    2) Stand with legs about hip width apart and move one leg in front. Lift the toes of the front foot while pressing heel into ground and bend the back foot. Rest your hands on the thigh of your front leg and lean forward slightly. You can also try to gently pull up the toes of your front foot with your hand.
    3) stand on a thick book (like a text book) so that your heels hang off the edge and allow your heels to touch the ground.

Good luck and I hope your calves feel better.
    Day 4 Level 1 complete here and I'm glad to say it's gotten a little easier. Was actually able to jump a bit higher!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    L1 D3 done! I'm definitely feeling the burn but I'm going to power thru! Has anyone compared HRM calories burned to what MFP says for circuit training? Just wondering how accurate it is since I don't have an HRM.

I am 31yo, 5'5" and just over 176lbs. and my HRM this AM said I burned 251 cals for the workout. I am still on LVL 1 as I am still working out getting this in my normal schedule. Hope this helps!
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Level One Day Two - Completed !!

I had to modify my pushups but I was actually able to do them unlike last night so that is great !! Am I the only one who absolutely hates jumping jacks ... I really hate them !!!

Ready for Level One Day Three and thinking about throwing in some Turbo Jam next week I really want to lose as many inches as possible (safely!!) before out anniversary !!

I am SO with you.....I HATE jumping jacks. I am trying to recall, but I think jumping jacks are in all 3 levels UGH! Ah well, they get my heart rate up so for that, I will try to like them :wink:

I am also only on Day 2 (did it this AM), though I SHOULD be on Day 5. Perhaps, we will like them better by day 5 :laugh: (yeah right)
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yo Yo shredders! Didnt get to shred yesterday because I had class and went straight to work after and then wasnt home till vvveeeerrry late! Going hard today pairing the shred day 4 lvl 1 with probably about 30 mins on my ellipical--- im going to try for 40mi... we'll see I guess! Have a great day shredding :happy:
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    hhahaa thats supposed to say 40 mins not mi. haha that'd be nutsooo
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    L1 D3 done! I'm definitely feeling the burn but I'm going to power thru! Has anyone compared HRM calories burned to what MFP says for circuit training? Just wondering how accurate it is since I don't have an HRM.

I am 31yo, 5'5" and just over 176lbs. and my HRM this AM said I burned 251 cals for the workout. I am still on LVL 1 as I am still working out getting this in my normal schedule. Hope this helps!

Thanks. I'm 5'7" and weigh 157 (actually went down 2 lb since starting the shred 4 days ago- but could be water too so I'm not getting too excited yet). Anyway, MFP says 220-something calories burned, so I guess given your HRM results it's close. Good to know :)
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Glad I could help! :smile:
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Can I join your group?! I have just done level 1 daY 6.... could use a bit of support for when it gets tough!! xx
  • duramater27
    duramater27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1, Day 4. I'm slightly less spastic today on some of the moves than on Day 1. That's something at least!
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    Anyone else feeling very lethargic after a few days? I am on L1/ day 4 today and I have nothing! My legs are heavy and sore and they feel like they are bulking up which I know isn' t the case but I cant find my energy today....wondering if I should rest today or not.,
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 for me.

My calves also were killing me. I'm going to do those stretches that were suggested. Still cant do real push ups the whole time but I've found my endurance level is getting better. I have fewer "OMG I'm going to DIE" moments.
    That will probably change when I get to Lvl 2.

I'm also going to the gym and using the treadmill three times a week. Is anyone else doing anything besides this DVD? I'm secretly hoping it will make results come quicker :)
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the 30 day shred....how do you know how many calories you are burning?
    I don't have a heart rate monitor thingymajig :(

Can anybody give me any averages per workout for each level?
  • ReggaeNurse
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 is finally done! It definitely hasn't gotten easier as yet, but I can feel myself having more stamina. I still hate the bicycle kicks, but I was able to hold out for longer periods before dropping my legs. And I actually did real jumps on the jump ropes instead of the side to side movement that I did initially. Push ups (modified ones) are getting better, and the side lunges with the arm raises are still my enemy, but I managed to push through them all. Whenever I feel like I just wanna stop, I just telling myself that I can do it, repeatedly...and it seems to help.

I'm a nurse who works 3 13-hour days during the week (so this 20 mins, no matter how grueling are perfect), but on my days off, I've decided to add 30 minutes of another activity...today it was Turbo Jam...and I didn't roll over and die. Yay me! :bigsmile:

27 more days to go....can't wait to see how my body changes!

Happy shredding to the rest of you! :flowerforyou:
  • ReggaeNurse
    Options
    I have a question about the 30 day shred....how do you know how many calories you are burning?
    I don't have a heart rate monitor thingymajig :(

Can anybody give me any averages per workout for each level?

Not sure how to answer your question exactly, but with my HRM I seem to burn at least 240 cals in the full 25 mins (including warm up & cool down). I've seen some people input it as circuit training to get an idea. Sorry, but hope this helps.