January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,788 Member
    Options
    Snowed last night and still snowing this morning, so took the safe treadmill option.

but is the treadmill really safe? B):p
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,788 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 THANK YOU FOR THE HOT CHOCOLATE!!! that's cool we reached your city.. Thank you for the tour. :)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you for the tour @polskagirl01! That will be the only way I get to Poland.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I made it back out for my second run of the day for an additional 3.11 miles. So glad I got to run in Jastrzębie-Zdrój! And thanks for the hot chocolate @polskagirl01! It was just starting to flurry snow out there and the wind was cold!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Welcome back into the group @BeverlyW1108!

Your kitties are adorable @SummerSkier and @Teresa502! Did you all see there is now a 1st cat in the White House?

@martaindale - I have not heard of RunSmart but if it looks like workouts that are reasonable and it isn't too expensive it could be worth a try.

Thanks @polskagirl01 - that hot chocolate was delicious! Love the great info about the town!

Hope everyone in the eastern US is ready for even more cold and snowy weather. It looks like it is going to be really something over the weekend!

Thanks for all the good thoughts on Hobbes the Vizsla. He is feeling better and back to his normal goofy self. He does not like it, however, that I am not allowing him to sniff and investigate as much now and if we stop for any reason he has to get up on a bench or wall where there is nothing to tempt him!
    I had planned to get back out this morning with him but we are back in Santa Ana wind mode and he is all snuggled up under a blanket snoring. So I am not going to try braving getting blown around in the wind while trying to run... I only need 11 miles to hit the 100 mile club and that should be doable with 3 days to go.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I went back and saw your xrays! Wow that's crazy. You've probably had it your whole life. Pretty pics.
    You guys definitely know how to get my attention lol
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Snowed last night and still snowing this morning, so took the safe treadmill option.

but is the treadmill really safe? B):p

Hahaha!!!! Compared to this morning's roads, absolutely!!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    YAY @Avidkeo I missed you.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Hi @Avidkeo! Welcome back to the group. I've been seeing all your runs on Strava, you are doing great!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Thanks for the tour and the hot chocolate! It would be much needed after running in the freezing temps and ice there.

Hi @Avidkeo. We missed you too!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Great running. Good job on getting it done when it was tough to be out there. Did you get much snow? We didn't even have a dusting, but it is really cold today. At least the sun is shinning. I love that your cat fell asleep watching a bird video. Too cute. I had another "nothing day" yesterday. I did try in vain to fix mom's oven again. That took a lot of time, so I think I was just done when I finally decided to give up. :lol: I did get a treadmill walk in.

Nice running @polskagirl01 and thanks for the tour and the hot chocolate!

@Avidkeo So glad to see you back and that you have found your joy in running again!

@shanaber I hope the Santa Ana winds die down soon. I hate to try to run in the wind, mostly because I'm afraid it will blow tree limbs down on my head.

@Avidkeo I'm so glad you are back with us. Yes, I probably have had it all my life. I'm just wondering why no one ever saw it before. Had I known sooner, maybe I could have kept it from progressing as far as it has.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Catching up after a couple of days. All a bit hectic - my younger daughter has just been diagnosed with Covid. She’s fine, not too bad. Just lots of juggling with getting tests and sorting childcare. Have carried on with little treadmill runs - I want to see out this RED January, no matter what!

Good to see you @Avidkeo, brrr to -10F @Tramboman. Awesome consistency @marisap2010. @polska_girl chocolate cheesecake bars sound delicious!

Happy running everyone.

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m
    5/1: 1m
    6/1: 2m
    7/1: 2.05m
    8/1: 2.7m
    9/1: 1.8m
    10/1: 2m
    11/1: 1.7m
    12/1: 2.25m
    13/1: 3.11m
    14/1: 2m
    15/1: 3.11m
    16/1: 2m
    17/1: 2m
    18/1: 2.5m
    19/1: 2m
    20/1: 3.11m
    21/1: 1.75m
    22/1: 3.11m
    23/1: 2.2m
    24/1: 1.8m
    25/1: 1.7m
    26/1: 1.7m
    27/1: 2m
    28/1: 2m
    29/1: 2m

Jan total: 62.2m
    Jan target: 30m
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    No run for me today but I did walk 3.12 on the treadmill, then did a weight workout (lower body day), and then another 3.10 on the treadmill.

We had about 3 inches of snow overnight @quilteryoyo. The temps though. It's sunny and 21F now but the real feel is 12F. I don't know how you get out there in the cold @tramboman.

I hope your daughter's symptoms don't get worse @Faebert.

Good to see you @Avidkeo! You know you always have a home here!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Am still here lol. Have gne camping with the family and no cellphone cover. Just ducked into town for supplies.

Here's some pics. And I went for a 3k run this morning as well!
    utdky17echaj.jpg
    y1i66pd29dd7.jpg
    fqro1w9ctiqd.jpg
    xo1dpwzpyefm.jpg